Profile for James Corbett > Reviews

Xbox One Console with Kinect
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to the future, 5 Dec. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have to say it took me a long time to decide on which next gen console to get first, as I do intend on getting both.
I eventually chose the xbox one since it promised to be more than just a gaming machine and for me the extra bits sounded very much worth it and it's got more games at launch. And now I have it, I feel I made the right choice!

Let's start with the games. They are beautiful! Cross platform are works of art and instantly made me smile, but the ms games like Forza and Ryse I played after took my breath away! You could honestly believe your watching a movie! Lots of fun to play, super smooth and just amazing!

The extra bits were all a bit fuzzy on how they would be implemented but the kinnekt really does make a huge difference and makes the xbox feel like it's been dropped off from the future! It now turns my tv and amp on with a command from my voice, it switches between apps and games effortlessly! And the best bit, it doesn't matter where you are in your game, say xbox watch TV, the TV swaps over in a blink, then go back to your game exactly where you left off! No waiting or loading, it's just there!

The whole thing is magic and I highly recommend it!

Sony SEL 18200LE 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 High Magnification Zoom Lens
Sony SEL 18200LE 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 High Magnification Zoom Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not a must have but a better for having, 8 Oct. 2013
This lens is great in my opinion. Paired with the NEX 6 it makes for a versatile comparatively light weight but high quality lens and though its bigger than my primes its slightly shorter, though wider than my 55-210. I've not used the older non LE version, and in honestly having read reviews of it I was actually trying to find one of the older versions, but having tried the LE version in a shop I thought the slightly lower price and significantly lighter build would be a good trade off for what some people describe as "slightly sharper" images. But I was impressed with what I saw non the less.

So what was important to me? Well compared to my 55-210 lens or my 16-50 lens this one trumps them both in quality and sharpness, as well as being able to cope with the full range of magnification pretty much of the two combined. I can't ever see myself using the before mentioned lenses again. Its not a fast lens, but autofocus gets there in good time and the quality is high and pretty sharp, I've had low light indoor shots as well as outdoor fast motion shots with this and I've been impressed with both. I'll still be using my prime lenses for the really high quality shots, but the versatility of this lens with very little bulk in honesty is just amazing. It turns the NEX-6 into a camera with the capability to take stunning photos in pretty much any situation without the hassle of changing lenses. I'll be using this as my main lens from now on I'm sure of it.

As others have mentioned, the build quality is great, though the zoom itself is a little stiff you do get used to it... but then the older non LE version did creep, this one wont! The autofocus does make a little noise with, so if its movies your doing take that into consideration quiet scenes will no doubt pick that up. But for pure photography, this is great. If you have the 16-50 or 18-55 stock lens and thinking of just adding the 55-210 to extend your range, I suggest you save up and get one of these. Its worth the extra cash! Like I said, I can't see me ever using the other two again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 7:21 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little case for the price, 26 Oct. 2012
I'll start by saying I don't generally like cases, I love the look of the iPhone and don't want to hide it, but the day I got my iPhone 5 I dropped it on the pavement... and no it doesn't bounce. Lucky for me it was unharmed, but made me realise I need a case after all. I found and bought a gel case from Amazon and wasn't overly blown away, it did the job but I didn't like the way it looked. This one though is great. The transparent back plate lets you see the phone design and the minimalist frame is snug and clean with a nice colour design creeping into the edges. It took me a while to choose between red and grey, but in the end I opted for the red case to give a nice contrast with the back phone, and it works nicely. It is really tight as others have said, it's not easy to get it out once in, but I doubt I'll take it out often. Its a good hard material and feels solid in the hand, its a little slippery but far less so than the phone itself, and to be fair, I won't mind dropping it now since it seems very well protected.

One low reviewer said that the high reviews are due to the promise of a free cover. Though I can't speak for everyone, my review is based on the fact its a good cover and just what I was looking for.

Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Skin Case Stand for iPad 2 in Grey
Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Skin Case Stand for iPad 2 in Grey
Offered by LTZmart

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap immitation product, 20 Jun. 2012
When this product first arrived I thought it looked great, even the packaging was coppied from the official apple product. It snapped on beautifully and looked the peace. I was instantly discouraged when I tried to use it to prop my iPad up in the landscape position though as the magnet just wouldn't hold it like that. My friend has the official one and it was solid as a rock on his, this one just collapses.

After about a week and a half of use I'm throwing it away just as soon as my replacement real one arrives, the edges have started to look tatty despite being very careful with it and the magnets have lost most of their power, even in the laying down possition the iPad squashes it now.

If you want a cheap thing to cover and protect your screen this is great, if you want to use it to prop it up or last this is not for you.

Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI AV Cable & Audio Adapter
Microsoft XBOX 360 HDMI AV Cable & Audio Adapter
Offered by R2pol Ltd. - new & retro games

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you need one, 4 Jan. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have just replaced my old Xbox 360 Premium with a new HDMI Xbox 360 Premium and so needed an HDMI cable to make this work. The HDMI ports are only on any new Xbox 360 (since late October roughly) as well as Elite and Halo editions.

Any HDMI cable will work with your HDMI enabled Xbox, but this Xbox cable also has the extra audio output attachment if you want to send the sound through a separate amplifier.

So if you have an HDMI enabled Xbox and you want to route your sound through an amplifier, then this is the only cable for you, if however you just want to have sound through your TV then get a cheaper cable without the added audio output, as HDMI sends sound too.

To rate this cable low because it cant be attached to your Xbox is wrong. It's a good quality cable, so long as you have the right kit to plug it into.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2008 1:05 PM GMT

TomTom ONE XL V1 Satellite Navigation System - Europe
TomTom ONE XL V1 Satellite Navigation System - Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended, 23 July 2007
I have just upgraded from the original TomTom One and I am very pleased so far. The screen is great, clear and large, brighter than the GO 510 and slightly wider too. Quickly locates signal from satellites and even locates a signal inside my house, where the old tomtom one could not. I was very surprised that the device has no SD card though, the maps are built in. There is an SD slot though which means I can buy more maps and run them side by side, or allow for more downloads.

Not perfect though... I have the Europe version, so this may slow it down, but it does seem to take longer to find a route on a long journey, but on that same note, it seems to find better routes sometimes too, taking off a few minutes sometimes, might be the new maps maybe. Also very annoying, I have a tomtom plus subscription, which should allow me access to both speed cameras and traffic. I could download the cameras without a problem, and it does come pre-installed, however my traffic account is now in limbo. My old device is no longer linked so I cant use it on that, but the new device will not let me use it either saying another device is using it. I hope to get this resolved soon, but other than that, I'm very impressed.