Profile for Teresa Alvarez > Reviews

Content by Teresa Alvarez

Teresa Alvarez "Teresa" (Valladolid, Spain)

Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar
Moshi Monsters Moshi Advent Calendar
Offered by Toys On Your Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading packaging!, 8 Oct 2012
Well, this advent calendar is great!
I'm giving 4 stars not because of the content but because of the packaging (as the first reviewer said!).
When I received the parcel and opened it, I was shocked because it seemed that the moshling were 'normal'. Oh!!!!!!
So, I opened it (as the other parents pointed out!) and found that the moshlings are terrific: some Christmas special editions and the others are traslucent with snow!

Why was I so relieved? Let's explain it:
I've ordered three calendars: one for my daughter (7 years old), one for my son (9 years old) and one for my niece (5 years old).
We are Spaniards and we live in Spain. So, I have to order all moshi monsters' stuff online.
On one of our visits to Britain my son managed to convince my daughter that moshlings were the best of the best. So the girl started her collection of trading cards(I have to order them online!), her collection of moshling figures, ...
My niece does everything my daughter does, so she also wants moshlings and what about my son.
Well, he is into Lego, he loves to receive the Lego advent calendar every year, but ... this year is differet, he would never say to any of his friends that he likes moshlings, but he begs and begs his sister to give him what she doesn't like or the doublers. So, this year, his advent calendar will be this one and not lego!

Summing up: luckily the only thing wrong is the box!, the content is great!

Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear
Twinkie Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies: 20 Yummy Treats to Wear
by Twinkie Chan

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky Yummy Crochet, 23 Feb 2011
This is an interesting book. Patterns are well explained.
The 'treats to wear' are really funny and I think that they would appeal to many girls.

Crayola 24 Mini Twistables Special Effect Crayons
Crayola 24 Mini Twistables Special Effect Crayons

4.0 out of 5 stars twiatable entertainment!, 22 April 2010
I bought these crayons for my daughter. She is 4 years old and loves painting and drawing. Now, she packs them in her bag and goes everywhere with them and her notebook.

LEGO City 8402: Sports Car
LEGO City 8402: Sports Car
Offered by toyshelf

5.0 out of 5 stars As always, Lego has hit the point!, 10 Aug 2009
This review is from: LEGO City 8402: Sports Car (Toy)
This is a small box, good value for money. The telephone box is a nice addition.
My boy (he has just turned 6) saw the box in the web and began begging for it. He is over the moon!

Around the World with the Little Einsteins [With 1 Travel Scrapbook and 4 Double-Sided Play Scenes and Magnetic Play Set & 41 Magnets] (Little Einsteins Early Reader (Hardback))
by Marcy Kelman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, 10 Aug 2009
If your child loves magnetic toys and Little Einsteins, this play set is a must.
A good toy for travelling.

Disney Little Einsteins Magic Painting (Disney Magic Painting)
Disney Little Einsteins Magic Painting (Disney Magic Painting)

2.0 out of 5 stars not very magic!, 10 Aug 2009
The Magic Painting Book has been a bit of a deception. My daughter (3 and a half) loves painting but she lost interest in just 15 minutes because the colours do not appear bright, they are very pale and/or dark. Crayola wonder colour is a better option. The positive point is the price.

The Shoe Princess's Guide to the Galaxy
The Shoe Princess's Guide to the Galaxy
by Emma Bowd

5.0 out of 5 stars have a good time!, 29 Jun 2009
I love my children, husband, shoes and books.
So, this is my dream book! It is funny and easy-reading.
Some chapters are rather predictable, but think it this way: the book is about a princess, and princesses should not suffer forever!