Profile for struggs > Reviews

Content by struggs

struggs (Essex, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Case-Mate Tough Case for Apple iPhone 5/5s/SE - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for Apple iPhone 5/5s/SE - Black
Offered by CleverKit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case...Used one for years., 16 Jun. 2016
I have used these cases on Samsung, Motorola, iPhone 5 & 6 and wouldn't even consider using another case. This does what you want a case to do... Protect your phone in the event of you dropping it. I am a little clumsy, so this has saved my phone many times. It does increase the overall thickness but just as I consider looking at a more elegant solution I am reminded by a commuter on the train who is peering through the crack ridden haze of their smartphones shattered screen!!!
It is hard wearing and still looks good after 2 years. Protects the phone well inside the case. Like most cases, after time, when you remove it from the phone it can cause slight wear on the edges of the phone but most of those can be cleaned off and can be mitigated by regular cleaning.
Certain headphone jacks struggle to get past the hole in the case but the supplied apple ones are fine.
The chrome finish on the volume buttons does wear off but you can either live with it, as I do, or rub it off completely.
This case will not allow you to show off your shiny new phone to the world (hello thieves) but it protects one of the most useful, valuable, essential items you own!

My5
My5

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 24 April 2016
This review is from: My5 (App)
No Gotham!!!!

Panasonic SC-HTE80EB-K Wireless Speakerboard with Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Bose..., 7 Jan. 2016
In order to save you some time I thought I would start with my verdict first... This is a great sound bar and improves the watching of television and films 100% I have been looking for some kind of speaker to improve the sound of my TV. I mainly watch films via sky Amazon and blu-ray. I find it frustrating when you go from action to a quieter dialogue scene and having to turn it up and down constantly. You will still need to do this with the sound base but not as frequently. The Panasonic speaker is approximately the size of a CD player but slightly thinner. As long as your television is standing on something like a piece of furniture it will fit perfectly underneath the base of the television. My TV is standing directly on top of it as this is what it is designed to do or you could place it on the shelf below. It has a very handy and simple display which tells you which source you are listening to as well as a simple menu to allow adjustment of the audio features. This is really handy and save you going to jump up and down off of the sofa. Set-up couldn't be easier. I had mine up and running in under five minutes. You can connect via HDMI, Digital Optical, Phono and 3.5mm It has a few generic modes, movie, music etc and you can tinker with those by adjusting the subwoofer etc. Speaking of subwoofers, it can be a little bass heavy, but not overpowering.
In use it really adds to the overall experience, if you enjoy films this will not disappoint. Whilst watching Inception, the low rumble as the city folds is amazing.
I had originally ordered the more expensive Bose Solo 5 but it struggled with different films and I found that dialogue could easily be lost amoungst the other sounds. The bass was better handled and more controlled, however, with the lack of good dialogue this made it useless for me. Also, despite the Bose being smaller in dimensions it was really awkward to place it, as I don't have a dedicated tv stand with shelves, I use a pine chest of drawers, it became clear that it would not work with my set up.
It comes with a simple, small remote, which works well for what it need to do. You can also operate the basic controls from the buttons on the side of the speaker, which will be great for when I inevitably loose the remote!
I'm very pleased with this sound base and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking to improve their TV sound.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player with Voice Remote
Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player with Voice Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for amazon prime etc and has a few other ..., 22 Dec. 2015
Great for amazon prime etc and has a few other TV services, iPlayer being the best. The voice search is fantastic, it really works... As long as you know what your looking for. You don't need the voice control remote if you have a smartphone but I prefer the dedicated remote. Two annoying issues do but me, one is that they don't appear to have any browse by 'Genre' which is frustrating when you don't know what to watch. Two, sound syncing can sometimes be well out of sync which is really distracting.

Xbox One 1TB Console - Black
Xbox One 1TB Console - Black
Offered by Bargain Games UK

4.0 out of 5 stars better than 360, 4 Sept. 2015
Much faster start up compared to the 360. Great that you can come out of a game and then almost instantly rejoin without any waiting. Fans can get noisey. My biggest criticism is the awful power button. It is far to sensitive. It has no delay at all and as such almost anything crossing its path can turn of your console... Inc cats!!! Why Microsoft cannot allow for a delay or even better a warning message asking if your sure you want to shut down!!!

EOS Organic Lip Balm - 2 Pack - Summer Fruit & Sweet Mint
EOS Organic Lip Balm - 2 Pack - Summer Fruit & Sweet Mint
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooooooo Refreshing, 3 Jun. 2015
these EOS are soooooooo good. they moisturise your lips and taste amazing you can get them in all different flavours. I have them in blueberry whitch smells so good . the blueberry was my first one it is a great starter. I also have mint, summer fruit and pomegranate raspberry. I would definitely recommend it ; ]

Belkin Ultra Fast 2.4amp USB Car Charger for iPad Air/iPad Mini Retina/iPhone/Tablet/Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Charger I've ever owned..., 3 Jun. 2015
Really powerful. Charges my iPhone 6 in no time. Unlike other in-car charges, because of its high power you can have wifi, bluetooth, SatNav running and it still charges quickly. Only issue is that the charger keeps bringing up a 'Unauthorised Accessory' warning on the phone but a quick removal of the main charger from the cigar lighter and re-fitting and it starts charging. A minor niggle and something I suspect is of Apples making!!!

Redecker Ostrich Feather Duster with Beech Handle, 35 cm
Redecker Ostrich Feather Duster with Beech Handle, 35 cm
Offered by Marmaduke The Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 3 Jun. 2015
These are brilliant... I was a little sceptical about the claims that these are the best dusters but they really are!!! They pick up dust effortlessly. Unlike traditional dusters that just push the dust around these lift and hold onto the dust. It really is like magic. A really handy benefit is that all the fine feathers reach into those awkward nooks and crannies, places traditional dusters could never reach. Have purchased more with different length handles since.

Flexson Tilt and Swivel Wall Mount Bracket for SONOS PLAY:1 - White
Flexson Tilt and Swivel Wall Mount Bracket for SONOS PLAY:1 - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good.., 3 Jun. 2015
Really Good...

... It is a little on the pricey side but it works very well. The best feature of this particular mount is that it allows you to hang the songs upside down, which is really handy if you are mounting high up near the ceiling allowing for easy access to the main controls. Highly Recommend this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2015 10:13 AM BST

Laptop battery for Apple MacBook Pro 15inch A1150 MA610 A1175
Laptop battery for Apple MacBook Pro 15inch A1150 MA610 A1175
Offered by TradeMarket

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor. Computer keeps telling that I need to service ..., 3 Jun. 2015
Really poor. Computer keeps telling that I need to service the battery and it's brand new! Also, when the laptop gets to 20% it just shuts down completely... No warning, just dead. It lasts for about an hour so if that works for you then £15 is fair but if you need to really rely on it without easy access to a mains power point I wouldn't bother... In fact I'm thinking of returning to Amazon in the next few days but I will try and run through the conditioning process before I do that as per the instructions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3