Having bought an £8 sandwich maker from tesco - and having made about a dozen toasties on it before the non stck coating came off - cheese melting out of the sides, into the hinges and having to butter the outside of the bread before putting in the machine - decided I needed something better if I was to continue enjoying toasties!
I looked at all the feedback on the Breville VST025. The price was reasonable - so sent off for it - arrived next day. Here are the plus points as against the £8 machine.
1. Dont have to butter the outsides of the bread.
2. Takes 2 sandwiches of any sized bread - including large loaves.
3. It heats up in about 2mins - quicker than the time it takes me to prep the sanwiches.
4. Does a perfect cheese toastie in 4 mins.
5. Cleaning is a breeze, qick swipe with a paper towel - done.
6. Can cook foods other than bread - although I haven't tried that yet.
7. Looks good.
Negative points against the £8 machine.
1. other than it being more expensive - can't name another minus.
In general, this is a good VFM piece of kit. I am very well pleased with the performance and would recommend it to anyone.Breville VST025 Sandwich Press