Profile for jen-the-hen > Reviews

"jen-the-hen"

Apple iPod nano 4GB - White [MA005FB/A]
Apple iPod nano 4GB - White [MA005FB/A]

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but a few faults!, 4 Mar. 2006
I was happy to find I could fit just about more than the advertised 1000 songs onto the devise. It has only 2 drawbacks, the fact the battery life is appauling, but if you take into account the size of it, it does make sense. The other problem I had, was with the screen, it scratches far to easily. Mine got very badly scratched when I had it in my school shirt pocket, it was alone in the pocket, but when I took it out, the nano was covered in obvious scratches, I was extremely disapointed with this. I would have given it 3 stars, if it wasn't for Itunes, the Itunes software is brilliant. Compared the Sony SonicStage software I had for my minidisc player, Itunes is absoulute heaven.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 23 Feb. 2006
The release of this album was hugely hyped, and I was expecting for it to be a let-down due to this. Thankfully I was proved very wrong! I have fallen completely in love with this album, it has overtaken Kaiser Chief's - Employment as my favourite album. The songs are all original and they are all brilliant! And I swear it gets better everytime I listen to it. A DEFINATE MUST BUY!

The Wind Singer (Wind on Fire Trilogy)
The Wind Singer (Wind on Fire Trilogy)
by William Nicholson

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe there is not bad reviews yet!!, 17 Oct. 2004
This is offically the worst book I have ever read!!!!! It is not the type of book I would usually read but I had to read it last year (yr 8) in school, for a couple of months English class was worse than usual because the book was boring and had the most predictable ending ever! Now in English we are reading Holes by Louis Sacher and I would recomend that to anyone aged 11 - 15 it is a great book for pre-teens and younger teens, unlike The Wind 'most boring book ever' Singer

Molly Moon Stops the World
Molly Moon Stops the World
by Georgia Byng

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the 1st book!!, 23 July 2004
I read the first Molly Moon book about a year ago, and thought it was pretty good as I thought the characters and story line were great. The sequel to 'Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism' is suprisingly better than the first book. The storyline was well planned, hard to figure out and suprising. There are many unexpected twists and turns, especeily towards the end. If you don't pay much attention you would miss the point totally. I would recommend the book to anyone aged 10 - 14. If you have read the first book it is definatly a good book to read, it is another adventure, as in the first book, based around a baddie who is not all he seems!!! ;)