Profile for Miss G Kirby > Reviews

Content by Miss G Kirby

Miss G Kirby

Late Fragments: Everything I Want to Tell You (About This Magnificent Life)
Late Fragments: Everything I Want to Tell You (About This Magnificent Life)
by Kate Gross

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure Chest of Golden Nuggets and Pearls of Wisdom, 25 Jan. 2015
I wasn't sure whether or not this was a book I should read. I am also 36 with a son of nearly 6, and I lost my own mother at a young age to cancer, so I was worried that this may be too close to home for me. However I was so taken by the words of Kate's mother, which I came across accidentally on-line, explaining the passing of her daughter in a language that was so brave, that I bought the book. How wrong I was to be apprehensive, this is an inspirational book of huge magnitude. Firstly it is beautifully written, Kate was a wordsmith of the English language, and I loved the way she weaved in pieces from books and poems that had given her strength during her illness. Secondly, I really related to her, early television training, buying the wrong baby gadgets that prove to be useless including buggys as she did, making Optimus prime, building lego, having a strong social conscience that forces you off the fence, the desire for a career, "knowing your own happiness", and being a 'mean girl' sometimes. In Kate's short life, she has lived a hundred lives compared to mine of equal years, she makes me want to visit Africa, to swim in rivers, to stop and find my still moment in the day, to read books, to leave a legacy, to pay that little more attention to my children but to be content in being that blur in the background in their memory bank. Thank you Kate for being generous enough to share your insight, I am savouring all of your pearls of wisdom.

Making it Happen: The Autobiography
Making it Happen: The Autobiography
by Carl Hester

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE this brilliant book by Carl!, 22 Jan. 2015
I absolutely loved this book. It is open and honest, funny and such an interesting insight into what has made Carl Hester the rider and person that he is today. A MUST READ for anyone who loves horses!

Finding My Feet: Claire Lomas
Finding My Feet: Claire Lomas
by Claire Lomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Reading, 1 April 2014
It's all been said before, but Claire really is inspirational. This is a story about an incredibly strong human spirit, that refused to give in to a life-changing accident, and despite incredible physical and emotional challenges, overcame them in the most positive way imaginable. There really is no such word as 'can't' where Claire is concerned.

The Music Miracle: The Scientific Secret to Unlocking Your Child's Full Potential

5.0 out of 5 stars A real eye-opener!, 7 Mar. 2014
This book is so important and ground breaking.

Full of facts about the child's brain development which I would not have found out otherwise.

A little repetitive in places, but I can understand why because the author draws on many scientific studies which back each other up.

Very grateful to the author for writing this!