Profile for Phil J > Reviews

Content by Phil J

Phil J

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SMEG Cordless Electric Red Kettle Jug - Retro 50's (1.7L, 1 Yr Warranty)
SMEG Cordless Electric Red Kettle Jug - Retro 50's (1.7L, 1 Yr Warranty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Buy, 17 Sept. 2015
An excellent buy which is very stylish and complements the matching Toaster. I'm glad I didn't take any of the negative reviews I've read seriously because I've found it to be perfect!

!
!

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil J Excellent stuff!, 2 July 2015
This review is from: ! (Audio CD)
Had it on vinyl years ago and rated it big time going back then but after I sold my vinyl I thought it was lost for good so I was glad to see it was available on CD. Still brilliant. One of the best!

Moving Waves
Moving Waves

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best Albums of all time, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Moving Waves (Audio CD)
Probably one of the best Albums of all time. It's not an Album for anyone who wants to have a singalong because there are no vocals whatsoever but it's purely one of the best instrumental renditions ever produced. The guitar playing by Jan Akkerman is sublime as is the keyboard work of Thijs Van Leer and it is driven along by the superb Bass of Cyril Havermans and drums of Pierre Van Der Linden. Years ago I went along to see a then unknown band called Focus play at a now closed small venue 'The Granary' in Bristol and was knocked out by their brilliance in which they played the majority of Moving Waves. Shortly after they were 'Big Time' and playing larger venues. This album is a masterpiece and would get 10 stars if it was possible!!!

The Final Tour [DVD] [2002]
The Final Tour [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Shadows
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars I always bought everything that the Shads did in the 45 vinyl years and was very pleased with all that they played so when I saw, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Final Tour [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
This really is the Dogs B.....ks. I always bought everything that the Shads did in the 45 vinyl years and was very pleased with all that they played so when I saw this on Amazon it was an instant order. It didn't disappoint one little bit. They always were the shear professionals and masters of their talents and they still are. With them retiring from the Concert and Music business there is a massive hole. If you like brilliant easy listening well played music being played in front of you then this is definitely a BIG MUST!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2014 7:23 PM BST

Hank
Hank
Offered by Door2DoorEnt

4.0 out of 5 stars Not one of his best in my opinion, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hank (Audio CD)
Not one of his best in my opinion. It's good but I've heard a lot better from him in the past. Perhaps a few more plays will change my opinion eventually.

Self Cooling Dog Bed Large 90 x 90 by Doghealth.
Self Cooling Dog Bed Large 90 x 90 by Doghealth.
Offered by DogHealth - leaders in dogcare

5.0 out of 5 stars During that recent hot humid spell my poor Black Labrador was really feeling it and once this ..., 15 Aug. 2014
A very big success with this purchase. During that recent hot humid spell my poor Black Labrador was really feeling it and once this Cooling Dog Bed was put down for him he practically lived on it. It certainly sorted out the problem. In fact I joined him on a few occasions and I must say it really works!

MARVIN WELCH & FARRAR/MARVIN WELCH & FAR
MARVIN WELCH & FARRAR/MARVIN WELCH & FAR

5.0 out of 5 stars This prompted me to order this from Amazon and it is every bit as good as when I first played the vinyl, 15 Aug. 2014
Absolutely fabulous. I used to own this on vinyl but cleared my collection many years ago. On watching the Blu-ray Disc of the Shadows last concert Hank Marvin mention this album and they played a track from it. This prompted me to order this from Amazon and it is every bit as good as when I first played the vinyl. A real must for anyone who loves easy listening music with fantastic harmonies!

Barometer Traditional Solid Oak Wooden Plaque made by Woodford. Wall Barometer
Barometer Traditional Solid Oak Wooden Plaque made by Woodford. Wall Barometer
Offered by WatchO

5.0 out of 5 stars Phil J, 27 May 2014
After seeing this on the Amazon website and reading the previous reviews I ordered this beautiful item. It arrived on time as estimated and I can honestly say that it is a lovely piece of work which is great to look at and works faultlessly. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a really good Barometer!

Titfield Thunderbolt - 60th Anniversary Collector's Edition  [1953] [Blu-ray]
Titfield Thunderbolt - 60th Anniversary Collector's Edition [1953] [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Stanley Holloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Philj, 20 April 2014
A truly marvellous film which has been improved big time on Blu-ray with punchy colour and sound. A must for any Railway nut on a sadly missed line. A visit to the area where the fim was shot shows how quickly both man and nature has taken over although it is possible to find some of the locations.

Vintage Electric Guitar Les Paul style sculptured 37cm Money Box on metal stand
Vintage Electric Guitar Les Paul style sculptured 37cm Money Box on metal stand

5.0 out of 5 stars PhilJ, 24 Feb. 2014
A brilliant money box for any lover of the guitar. It looks amazingly like the real thing and is a focal point when people come into the room. I've had many of my friends comment on how impressive it is. Well worth the money!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3