Profile for vneaves@yahoo.co.uk > Reviews

vneaves@yahoo.co.uk (UK)

Until You
Until You

4.0 out of 5 stars An addictive and delicious read!, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Until You (Kindle Edition)
Its been a long time since a story really pulled me into its grasp and this was a welcome distraction from normality, keeping me up quite late into the early hours to see how it ended! I really loved the escapism of the period it was set in and thought the author wrote it well. This is a great version of one of my favorite types of story ie typical bad boy turns good for his lady love, but she was a great character, not simpering or annoying at all! I do agree with another reviewer in that Nick's character was at times almost unbearable and boorish, but it didn't ruin it for me, I think that's a good sign that the writer can make you really angry with the character .At times his character was so nasty to her, almost bordering on violent that I wanted to scream at her to walk away! Again well done to the author for bringing this out in me. The only thing was that the 'reveal' to do with his past, I saw coming a mile off and considering the author did such a great job of building the back story, why he was so angry and disturbed, why he couldn't bring himself to believe in Ashleigh it all felt a bit rushed in the end. But it was a very sad reveal and brought the story full circle.
All in all really good and I shall be queuing up the others on my kindle! xx

Whispers
Whispers
by Dean Koontz

3.0 out of 5 stars What was all the fuss about?, 2 Mar 2001
This review is from: Whispers (Paperback)
This book was the first by this author that I have ever read and I cant really see what all the hypre is over. The characters were likeable, but the heroine was the sterotypical victim of a bad childhood, a woman who shuns all offer of romance cause she cant put her trust in anyone etc, etc. Yes, it was creepy in parts, yes, it was extremley graphic and bloody, but the plot twists and turns so much that you end up feeling sorry for the pyschotic murderer!! And the ending?? If anyone can recommend a book that actually is scary then I'd like to hear from them, cause so far, nothing beats "IT" by Stephan King. But dont bother with this one.

The Goonies [VHS] [1985]
The Goonies [VHS] [1985]
VHS
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite film of all time!!, 21 Feb 2001
This is a film that I have watched a thousand times and I still never tire of it! Its a classic kids adventure, with comedy, romance and action, good verus evil. Buy it on video cause the edited TV version is appalling and ruins the film!

Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger Family 1)
Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger Family 1)
by Virginia Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read!!!, 15 Dec 2000
I cannot put into words how I felt after reading this book. It is such a horrific and unbelievable story but I couldnt put it down and each chapter compleled me to keep reading. The ending is tragic, and I recommend all of the series!

Flowers in the Attic [VHS] [1987]
Flowers in the Attic [VHS] [1987]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

3.0 out of 5 stars No way as good as the books, 15 Dec 2000
I have read all the novels in the Flowers in the attic series and of all of them I loved the first book. The film is good and worth seeing if your a Virgina Andrews fan, but it didnt portray the true horror of what really happened to the two main characters in the book. But on the plus side, it had a very good cast and it was well acted.

Web of Dreams (Casteel Family 5)
Web of Dreams (Casteel Family 5)
by Virginia Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 28 May 2000
This story had me in tears from start to finish. This is the first novel in the Casteel saga that I ever read and once I started it I could not put it down! It is a must have for all Virginia Andrews fans and it will enlighten those who have already been following the Casteel family saga.