Profile for V. Chong > Reviews

The Takeaway Secret: How to cook your favourite fast-food at home
by Kenny McGovern
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Feb. 2011
I suppose I may have had expected too much from this book at this price.

Unlike any recipe book I've ever had, instead of being printed on glossy paper, it was more of a cheap paperback.

There aren't very many useful recipes in this book either. For example, the first recipe is for an American cheeseburger and the second is for an American quarterpounder. The recipes were exactly the same, except that the quarterpounder used more of certain ingredients!

I also found some recipes that were badly written. For example, on the list of ingredients were, say, two different portions of flour required. The instructions then said to use flour twice, but failed to say which of the two portions to use. Maybe it's not hard to make a guess?

I have tried the Banana Muffin recipe though, and I have to say it is absolutely delicious, and I'm not a very good cook, so that is saying a lot.

In summary, not a great recipe book, but for its price, in my opinion it's worth it even for just a few recipes.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2011 9:18 PM GMT

Get Him to the Greek - Extended Party Edition [DVD]
Get Him to the Greek - Extended Party Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Brand
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 1.26

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm ALIIIVVVVVEE, 12 Sept. 2010
The slightest thought of this film makes me chuckle. It has got to be the funniest film I've seen in a long time. If you liked 'The Hangover', this is even better! I could not stop laughing during some brilliant scenes. This film is just packed with amazing laughs. P Diddy is brilliant too, with some good one-liners. Definitely a must-see - can't wait for the DVD to be released so I can watch this film over and over again.

My Best Friend's Girl
My Best Friend's Girl
by Dorothy Koomson
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me cry, 12 Sept. 2010
This review is from: My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. So well written you could put yourself in character's shoes and feel everything she was feeling. I couldn't put this book down for days. Some bits made me cry so much it was embarassing, definitely recommended reading this book alone!

LG 32LH3000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this TV, 12 Sept. 2010
I love this TV, it arrived so quickly and easily, and was incredibly easy to set up. The built-in Freeview works great and is so easy to use. It scans for channels automatically and doesn't take long before you're watching TV in good quality. It is connected to my HD upscaling DVD player, and it really does look so much better than regular TV.

SanDisk 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo - Traditional Packaging
SanDisk 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo - Traditional Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Sony Cybershot camera, 12 Sept. 2010
Bought this from MegaSellUK on Amazon. Works on my Sony Cybershot camera with no problems, just slots in and is ready to use straight away. 4GB for me is plenty and I see myself using this handy little thing for a long, long time.

Ratatouille (Wii)
Ratatouille (Wii)
Offered by Ent-Plus+
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but over really quickly, 12 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Ratatouille (Wii) (Video Game)
I liked the Ratatouille film, and this game's storyline doesn't disappoint.

It is quite easy though, so would probably not recommend to 'serious' gamers. Most people could probably finish this game quite quickly. But it is cute and has good references to the film, so I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Betron HDMI to HDMI Cable, High Speed, 3D Support, Ethernet Function, 4K Support, HDMI Lead for TV, Laptops, PS3, PS4 , Xbox etc (1.2 Meter)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain, 12 Sept. 2010
This works just as well as the other (more expensive) HDMI cable that I use, so is an absolute bargain. Has lasted at least a year and is still working great. Would recommend with no reservations.

GP® PowerBank H500 Horizontal 2 Hour Charger
GP® PowerBank H500 Horizontal 2 Hour Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, long lasting battery power, 12 Sept. 2010
This comes with four 2700 NiMH AA batteries. It doesn't come with a car adaptor, unlike a similar product sold in other countries, but it is much cheaper.

This is a great bargain - works well and battery power lasts quite a long time before needing a recharge.

A Concise Course in Advanced Level Statistics
A Concise Course in Advanced Level Statistics
by D J. Crawshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful, 15 Aug. 2009
This book was used as a textbook when I did AS and A2-Level Maths, and it really helped me understand statistics really well. It is clear and concise, and has easy-to-follow examples. I still use it every now and then to refresh my memory on basic statistics knowledge (currently doing Maths at uni).

Business Accounting: Multiple Choice Question Book
Business Accounting: Multiple Choice Question Book
by Tommy Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent revision tool, 15 Aug. 2009
This book is intended for use by students on introductory courses in accounting in colleges and universities, as well as those preparing for professional accountancy examinations. There are over 400 multiple choice questions, grouped according to topic, based on the content of Frank Wood's Business Accounting 1.

Answers are included. This proved to be a very useful revision tool in my opinion.