Profile for Cathy > Reviews

She Left Me the Gun: My Mother's Life Before Me
by Emma Brockes
Price: 5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read in a long time!, 25 Mar 2014
I loved this book! Couldn't put in down. Took a little while to get into - first couple of chapters were a bit slow but after I had read them the rest were brilliant! It amazed me how someone who has gone through what Emma's Mum did can function normally for years afterwards. This book, for me, wakened a lot of emotions for me; from anger, to disgust to sadness to amazement at human courage. Would definitely recommend this book.

Copenhagen 2 + 3 + 4 Drawer Extra wide chest in White
Copenhagen 2 + 3 + 4 Drawer Extra wide chest in White
Offered by Sky Furniture
Price: 140.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better!!!, 15 Feb 2014
We bought this for our 12 year old daughter's bedroom which is the small box room with no storage facilities. This chest of drawers is perfect. Loads of storage and long enough for her have her TV and play station and a bedroom lamp on the top! The chest of drawers is very solid and not flimsy anywhere; it is quality. Took an hour for my husband to put together and we would advise an electric appliance for the screws as would take forever with just an ordinary screwdriver.
Delivery was very quick (2 days from ordering online). Would definitely recommend!!!

Lights Out Portable Blackout Blind
Lights Out Portable Blackout Blind
Price: 31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs!, 6 Nov 2013
Bought this for when our two year old Grandson comes to stay and for when we want to be able to see the TV on a sunny day!! Best thing ever invented! : )

The Rough Guide To Girl Stuff
The Rough Guide To Girl Stuff
by Kaz Cooke
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The Teenage Bible!!!!, 5 Oct 2013
I bought this for my 12 year old daughter. I wish I had had a book like this when I was a teenager! There isn't anything that isn't covered. Some things are not relevant to my daughter (at the moment) but as she is my 3rd daughter and her sisters are over 18 I was not worried that it would be a case of 'too much too soon' and know that she will dip in and out of this book when she needs to. I recommended it to a work friend whose daughter is 15. She got this book for her daughter and, like me, after reading bits of it herself, said she would also recommend to her friends and their daughters! For my daughter and I, this book is a conversation starter too (luckily at the moment we can still communicate!); she will read things in the book and talk to me about it which is nice. Kaz Cooke could be a teenager herself because she seems to know so much about being one!

Hatton V Mayweather - The Full Story [DVD]
Hatton V Mayweather - The Full Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hatton V Mayweather
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 8.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect birthday present for my boxer son-in-law!, 15 Sep 2013
My son-in-law loved it! He is a welterweight boxer too and was very pleased with this DVD according to my daughter! : )

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
This was a free download but I would willingly buy any of this author's books. I couldn't put this down and enjoyed every minute of reading it. Would definitely recommend.