Profile for Jedge > Reviews

Content by Jedge

Jedge

Mega Sour Watermelon - 227g (half pound))
Mega Sour Watermelon - 227g (half pound))
Offered by Modelsales

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this to be more sour than Warheads' Extreme ..., 10 Jun. 2016
I found this to be more sour than Warheads' Extreme Sour candy. This was so strong, I could feel it in my stomach, and I am no novice with hot or sour tastes.

That's not a meant as a complaint though!

ResultSport® Anti-Burst Gym Ball 250kg load tested, DVD and Double Action Pump (75cm - Silver)
Offered by ResultSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic and versatile product, 14 April 2016
I wish I bought this years ago. Absolutely fantastic and versatile product. This has undone years of nerve pain due to poor posture, and is surprisingly comfy to sit on. I primarily use it for posture correction, and after a couple of weeks, my posture is blatantly improved (even visibly) just by sitting on it regularly. It is tall enough to substitute an office chair, allowing for hours of (productive) use.

Brooks B-17 Men's Saddle B 17 Imperial Black 280 x 170 mm
Brooks B-17 Men's Saddle B 17 Imperial Black 280 x 170 mm
Offered by Sportsandmoreshop

5.0 out of 5 stars and the saddle became by far the most comfortable saddle i've ever sat on, 11 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Brooks B17 IMPERIAL (Sports)
Note, I have been using this saddle now for 130km - it's starting to break-in, but there's still some mileage to go.

It is noticeably harder than other saddles (I used to use a Sella Italia Max Flite, after a bike shop measurement of sit bones) but I came away with no soreness. I rode it again the next day, again without problems. I then took it on a 35km ride, and had noticeable soreness in very unfortunate areas. Whilst the recommendations of many owners is to keep the saddle flat, I adjusted it so it is very slightly pointing downwards, and the saddle became by far the most comfortable saddle i've ever sat on, and have since been on multiple 35km+ rides with no soreness, either during or after the ride.

This is a huge welcome change to other saddles, most of which I paid a premium for. This was a last ditch attempt to remain cycling in what felt like a situation where no saddles were suitable, and the Brooks has absolutely exceeded expectations. I would pay double for this saddle. The company clearly cares about their product and heritage, and it shows.

My only gripe is that I am hesitant to park the bike in even the most public of places, as the saddle seems to stick out amongst others, pretty much asking for a thief with an Allen key to walk off with it. With that said, since buying it, I have noticed brooks saddles on a lot of bikes around town, so perhaps that isn't much of a problem.

Warheads
Warheads
Offered by USA Treats

4.0 out of 5 stars The watermelon flavour was fantastic., 5 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Warheads (Grocery)
Not many in the bag. The first one barely tasted sour at all, but the sourness seemed to 'stack' if I had more during a day. The watermelon flavour was fantastic.

Topeak Explorer 29er Tubular Rack with Disc Mount - Black
Topeak Explorer 29er Tubular Rack with Disc Mount - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars whilst trying to find the Topeak Super Tourist rack, 31 May 2015
Bought out of desperation, whilst trying to find the Topeak Super Tourist rack. I've no idea why, as this seems to have no failings in comparison. I use a Topeak MTX EXP Trunk Bag on this, with no problems.

Mounting it to the frame was more tricky than other racks, mainly because of the seemingly "this will do" approach to the steel mounting arms. I'm not trying to say it was difficult to do, but bending the brackets into the desired shape was more effort than expected, though it holds very firmly overall.

The mounting system with the trunk bags is a serious improvement over velcro straps. When attached, the bag is not going anywhere, instead it sits proudly in place through even the lumpy British road (and "cycle path") surfaces.

Topeak MTX EXP Trunk Bag - Black
Topeak MTX EXP Trunk Bag - Black
Offered by Sportsandmoreshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive all around, 31 May 2015
This review is from: Topeak MTX EXP Trunk Bag (Sports)
After a good hard think, and an even harder search, I bought this instead of the Topeak MTX Trunk Bag DXP, both of which seem to be near impossible to find in any cycle shop, at least locally (in Cardiff). Stock seems to be low pretty much everywhere, which is astounding considering everyone whose seen it so far has been very pleasantly surprised by the two fold-out panniers, including staff at (good) cycle shops.

I used to have a "Bike Hut" basic trunk bag, and a Bike Hut rack, initially because the Topeak equivalent (this, plus a Topeak rack) was considerably more expensive. You get what you pay for. The Bike Hut version was held on by velcro straps, and on every reasonable bump or more, I was absolutely paranoid that the bag had fallen off, not to mention it was a bit of a nuisance to strap on or remove.

This bag however, is worth every penny. It feels absolutely secure. It has strings to mount the side panniers to the rack (to stop them from swinging out) and the storage is significant enough for my needs. It's main compartment is a little tight, so the panniers do get some good use. I tend to store two spare inner tubes, removable lights, and some basic tools in the main compartment (along with a sandwich box, if commuting to work), and rain jackets, a seat cover etc in one of the panniers. I've yet to require the second pannier.

It looks rather nice as hand luggage too, though you would not want the panniers deployed for that.

5 stars because it absolutely hits the nail on the head with quality and features. Not quite it's DXP sibling, but I just can't justify knocking off a star for that. I was not able to actually physically compare the two either, again, stock seems to be very low at best.

TOMY Screwball Scramble Game
TOMY Screwball Scramble Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Passed down over the years, 18 May 2007
This review is from: TOMY Screwball Scramble Game (Toy)
Firstly, the sloping runways as the first obstacle is NOT a design flaw - you are supposed to time it so that the ball is still rolling forwards as the slopes change direction (another reviewer has commented that the first runways cause the ball to always move in the wrong direction). The idea is not to just let you press buttons and watch as the ball moves - the point is to cause the user to think how to reach the end using basic physics, adding to its educational value.

The game loses a lot of replay value, unless you are determined to beat your fastest score. This is possible, and suprisingly hard - its very easy to make one slip up and have to start over (unless you cheat and put the ball back onto where it fell off!)

This game requires no batteries - its all just twisting dials, pushing levers, and pressing buttons - the timer is clockwork.

Definately keeps kids busy, and stops them wondering upstairs when the family come round to visit!

Dont sell this off - just pass it down the family and itl continue to serve its purpose.