Profile for AnnetteM > Reviews

Content by AnnetteM

AnnetteM "ds addict" (Staffordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fryetts 1 Metre Vichy Natural 100% Cotton Designer Upholstery Curtain Vintage Shabby Chic Style Fabric
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a stunning fabric, 19 Feb. 2015
This is a beautiful, quality fabric. I machine wash all fabric (after stabilising the ends) at 30 degrees before sewing to remove the sizing and to shrink, this is still lovely and crisp after being ironed. It is being made up as roman blinds for a bay window, the two sides are completed and they do look stunning but be warned if you need to pattern match this is not for the feint hearted.

Dove Grey Woven Gingham Check Cotton Designer Fabric - Sold By The Metre
Dove Grey Woven Gingham Check Cotton Designer Fabric - Sold By The Metre
Offered by Prestige Fashion UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, quality fabric, 19 Feb. 2015
This is a very nice quality fabric, a lovely grey, the fabric feels thick and substantial even after a 30 degree machine wash to get rid of the sizing and to shrink before use. As other reviewers have stated really suitable for all soft furnishing projects. If you are after a nice mid grey gingham for curtains, blinds, cushions etc., look no further.

Walking Foot For low shank domestic sewing machines (Suitable for plaids, velours, velvets, ultra suede and other napped fabrics) by 60°®
Offered by Austin Sewing Machines

5.0 out of 5 stars Another useful generic machine foot, 26 Oct. 2014
I have a very basic Toyota machine and this attachment fitted fine, once I had figured how to put it on my machine (Internet guide), it was a dream to sew with. It is very substantial and does not feel cheap in anyway. I only wish that someone would invent a generic needle threader, my old eyes must work on the chink of light that shines through the needle eye, with this fitment on unfortunately I don't get that; and it is a comedy of errors trying to thread the needle. Oh well! can't have everything.

New Colour - Authentic French Christmas Fabric (Alpine) | Hearts & Snowflakes Ecru, Red & Taupe Cotton Print - Extra Wide Curtain Fabric 160cms (63") Wide | Per Half Metre
Offered by Textiles français

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabric quality that I have come to expect, 8 Sept. 2013
I have now purchased about 6 fabrics from Textile Francais, this fabric {like the others} is a georgeous, quality fabric. Delivery as usual was lightning fast and my package was beautifully wrapped as per usual. Wonderful seller.

New - Authentic French Christmas Fabric (Alpine) | Hearts & Snowflakes Cotton Print - Extra Wide Curtain Fabric 160cms (63") Wide. Per Half Metre
Offered by Textiles français

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 2 July 2013
This is the 3rd fabric that I have bought from this company, as usual it was delivered very quickly and was beautifully packaged. I have made this into a laundry sack lined with red ticking; it looks gorgeous hanging from a hook on the back of my bedroom door. Another winner from Textiles Francais.

Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator
Tefal Gv8461 Pro Express Autoclean Steam Generator

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam generator irons, 22 Mar. 2013
This Iron replaced another Tefal steam generator iron that I had for about 6 years, so I can honestly say I like the irons. Tefal have added an eco button to this iron, I would have been more impressed if I could of taken the old one to a local tradesperson and got that mended instead of having to parcel it up and send it to Birmingham then the cost of repairs and probably postage charge for it to come 40 miles back to me. I decided it was probably cheaper to buy new. There wasn't much up with the old one the base was still generating steam but for some reason it wasn't travelling down the steam tube to the iron unless you manipulated it and then held it in position. I actually prefer my old iron, there weren't so many bells and whistles on it, but this one still irons fantastically which is why it got 5*, to recap I love their irons but the after service leaves a lot to be desired.

Eforcity brand UK Travel Charger for Nintendo DS Lite
Eforcity brand UK Travel Charger for Nintendo DS Lite
Offered by konsolenkost

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok, 22 Mar. 2013
I have misplaced the plug to my ds so thought I would give this one a try for the price. I like the fact that you get a green light when charging and that it goes out when fully charged. It does the job that it is supposed to do and for the price you can't go wrong.

NARROW CLIP ON ZIP, ZIPPER FOOT ,COMPATIBLE FOR BROTHER, JANOME, TOYOTA, NEW SINGER DOMESTIC SEWING MACHINES
Offered by from1world(ship from china)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 22 Mar. 2013
I don't suppose there is much to say but the foot was easy to attach and also to use, I put 4 zips into cushion covers with it (my first attempt - I usually do envelopes and shy away from zips) I had no problems, I followed a guide from the internet and actually found it quite easy. Can't think what all the fuss was about.

Wahl Diamond White Pet Shampoo 250 ml ZX609, 2-Pack
Wahl Diamond White Pet Shampoo 250 ml ZX609, 2-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it works, 22 Mar. 2013
After watching a video on grooming a Bichon Frise, I saw that they recommended the whitening shampoos. I saw this one on amazon; 2 bottles for less that £5 must be worth a try, I can't say that it made his coat shine or that it was perfumed in any way; he just smelt clean, but his fur was definitely soft and it did whiten his coat. A good brush followed by a comb and our pup looked a treat. I will certainly be buying some more when this has been used.

10 Mts White Cotton Muslin Voile Fabric Curtain
10 Mts White Cotton Muslin Voile Fabric Curtain
Offered by Classic and Modern Fabrics

5.0 out of 5 stars nice fabric, 7 Mar. 2013
I have been replacing the horrendous vertical blinds that make me feel claustrophobic and wanted to make nets from cotton (it doesn't yellow like polyester) I thought this would be an inexpensive way to do a few windows. I did most on a machine but even hand sewed one with small running stitches, both look good. Visitors have commented how fresh they look. I washed the fabric first because of shrinkage, it washed well, ironed well and looks lovely hanging.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3