Profile for Mr. D. J. Williams > Reviews

Hittin The Note
Hittin The Note
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hittin The Note (Audio CD)
This is a great album with excellent original songs.The musicians have a chance to play their full solos in the studio.You get the good sound quality of the studio with the added bonus that you get to hear the solos without them being faded out by the record producer.
I really like this 21st century version of the band .Have a look at them playing live on Eric Clapton's Crossroads 2013 dvd.

A Wanted Man: (Jack Reacher 17)
A Wanted Man: (Jack Reacher 17)
Price: 2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars One to miss, 8 Sep 2013
I have read all of the Reacher books.
They are great fun but I did not enjoy this book .Like book two Reacher spends the first third of the story being held as a prisoner in a vehicle.
Nothing happens until the book is three quarters through.
The book ends with a gun fight.

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Offered by MEGA Media FBA
Price: 10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent album with great production, 27 Aug 2013
It took me a while to enjoy this album but I now consider it to be one of the best rock albums I have heard in the last few years.
New listeners should start the album on track 7 and continue from there.
This is one of those albums where the most tuneful tracks start half way through .

Die Trying: (Jack Reacher 2)
Die Trying: (Jack Reacher 2)
Price: 2.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best/Read the other books first, 16 July 2013
I have enjoyed reading these books.I have read the first seven and look forward to reading the rest.
This particular book is based on a good idea but it is poorly executed.The plot goes round and round and is pretty pointless.The other Reacher books have quick moving plots and good endings.In this book Reacher spends his time being captured several times, escaping and then being caught again.
If you did not read this book you would not miss any background information about Reacher.
Read book one and move on to book three that's my advice.

Young Hearts Crying (Vintage Classics)
Young Hearts Crying (Vintage Classics)
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 16 July 2013
Excellent novel. Beautifully written. I loved watching the characters develop from their early twenties to their fifties. Well worth reading

The Rolling Stones: GRRR! [Blu-Ray Audio]
The Rolling Stones: GRRR! [Blu-Ray Audio]
Price: 13.45

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 21 May 2013
I have a sony blue ray player and onkyo amplifier.Sound is very clear especially on Gimme Shelter but not as good as on a compact disc played on a decent hifi.

Shine a Light - Rolling Stones [Blu-ray]
Shine a Light - Rolling Stones [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Mick Jagger
Price: 11.55

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 21 May 2013
German copy sent.
blue ray ok info in German.
Rolling stones great band .Some Girls live in Texas is better.

Everville: The Second Book of the Art (Voyager Classics)
Everville: The Second Book of the Art (Voyager Classics)
by Clive Barker
Price: 6.52

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT NOVEL, 26 Mar 2012
This is an excellent novel .The problem with the Kindle edition is that towards the end of the book there are dozens and dozens of spelling mistakes .I recently purchased Imajica in the Kindle edition and that also had numerous spelling errors.Most printed books have one or two errors but these Kindle editions have a large number of mistakes.I still enjoyed reading Everville because I have read it several times before in paperback.
I get the impression that the person who typed up the Kindle edition did not understand English.

Imajica
Imajica
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent novel, 3 Feb 2012
This review is from: Imajica (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book several times over the past few years.It is an excellent novel.I recently purchased the novel in a Kindle edition. I would not recommend the Kindle version to new readers because it contains a number of spelling mistakes.In many cases where a word begins with the letters cl the Kindle edition shows the word as starting with the letter d.For example clear is shown as dear.There are words spelt in block capitals which I presume were meant to be corrected before publication in Kindle.There are words that are plainly not in the original paperback book.I have purchased several books in Kindle and intend to used this method in future because I think it is the best way to purchase books. If I were Clive Barker I would ask Amazon to check the book and reissue it .
Anyone buying the book in paperback should check that it contains both parts of the Imajica.The book has been published in two parts in the past.
The book is excellent but buy it in paperback in an edition with at least eleven hundred pages.

Amstrad Drx 180 Sky+ Sky Plus Box
Amstrad Drx 180 Sky+ Sky Plus Box
Offered by highstore
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars WORKS OK, 17 Sep 2010
arrived two days after order placed,works fine,the case was a bit marked and it did not have Sky Anytime.
Overall I am very pleased and would buy another box from this company.