Profile for LightninLew > Reviews

LightninLew (England)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in 17 Days, 10 Feb 2014
Took a while to assemble, because some of the holes for the screws in the arms were very tight. Had to bend the arm slightly to get it to fit. Assembly was easy and quick other than that.

Most of the negative reviews seem to be about the arms falling off, but they don't seem too weak. You're not meant to put your full weight on this type of arm. If you fell out of the chair when the arm broke, you were putting too much weight on it. They're for resting your arms on, not leaning on. That's what the back of the chair is for.

Some of the reviews are also complaining about how loose it is, and it is a little. It's not a big problem, but I have tightened it as much as possible and it's still not solid. I wouldn't say it would put me off buying it though.

Update after less than three weeks:

I take back anything good I said before. The tilt control snapped when I was just sitting still in the chair. I wasn't even leaning back. Now it's broken so it's uncontrollably loose forwards & backwards. At the same time, one of the feet also snapped off. Do not buy from this company. Get a slightly more expensive chair. You're going to have to spend that extra money on a replacement or spare parts in a few weeks anyway.

Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Body Sculpture Body Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Price: 13.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of all non-pull up related functionality, 2 Feb 2014
Unfortunately this did not fit on any of my doors, but I knew that was a possibility, so I got the cheapest one that looked like it had the most alternative functions. Well, that's not entirely true. It fits my front door, but I'm not sure I want to scare the neighbours.

Tricep Dips

It's not really high enough off the ground to get a good workout. It's not terrible, but using a sofa or bench & lowering yourself further will give you a much better workout. If that's not an option for whatever reason, this isn't too uncomfortable and is better than nothing.

Push Ups

Or as the instruction manual calls them "pull ups". Seriously. Get someone who speaks English to rewrite that thing. It's terrible. Works pretty much the same as push up grips, but higher up, curved, and less comfortable.

Sit Ups

It works. But this is something that you really do not need a special product for. You don't really need to tuck your feet under anything, but if you want to, why not just use your sofa or, well anything that has a foot-sized gap under it.

Assembly

Easy. You can do it straight out of the box without looking at the instructions. All required tools are included. I did cut myself on a screw though. Watch out for them little ones. They seem cheaply made and both of mine had sharp bits sticking out.

Instructions Manual

Really, really bad. Assembly and usage are pretty self explanatory, but if someone can't figure it out, this thing is not going to help. There are loads of mistakes, such as sentences abruptly stopping, or words being used incorrectly. There are no step by step assembly instructions, just an explode view of the product.

Conclusion

Don't buy it for anything other than it's primary function. Going by the other reviews it works well for pull ups, but these other functions are just gimmicks that you will not use it for more than once. It does seem well built and I will be using it as a chinning bar once I move out of this terrible flat.

TP-Link TL-WPA281 V3 AV200 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender with 2 Ethernet Ports (Wi-Fi Clone, No Configuration Required)
Price: 28.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great. Would have preferred it to have a pass-through socket., 2 Feb 2014
It works fantastically. Takes the signal from your powerline network and uses it it to extend your WiFi network. If you have a wall or other obstacle between you and your hub, this is probably the best answer. It works well with Android phones, which my previous attempts to extend my range have not.

The one negative is that it doesn't have a pass-through socket like most other TP-Link powerline products, and the instructions say it cannot be used with an extension lead. So I'm going to have to get a bigger extension lead. If there was an option for one of these with the pass-through I would have bought that instead, even if it was a little more expensive or bigger.

TP-Link TL-PA251KIT AV200+ Multi-Streaming Powerline Starter Kit with AC Pass Through (UK Plug Only)
Price: 22.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, 25 Jan 2014
I've been struggling to get a wifi signal from my room. I've had a wifi adapter on a USB extension lead cellotaped to my ceiling for the past few months making do with the ~2 mb/s it's been pulling in. After about 5 minutes setting this up I'm up to ~30 mb/s. Couldn't be more pleased with it.

3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd
Price: 1.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, 25 Jan 2014
The connection is so loose on the male end that it doesn't work 90% of the time, and when it does the signal isn't whole. It breaks up loads, and when it's not breaking up or just not working it sounds like someone has just randomly messed with the levels on an equalizer. It was less than 2 so I wasn't expecting it to be great. I expected the thing to fall apart, but I hoped it to work for a few weeks at least.

Do not buy.

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones
Offered by Desire IT
Price: 12.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Earphones, 22 Jan 2014
You don't buy 10 earphones expecting great sound quality, but these are surprisingly good. They sound better than any I've had before. They can reach a very loud volume without losing quality, and the bass sounds great.

The build quality seems sound so far. The cable is nice and long. It's thick, and feels strong. The buds themselves are quite large, and visibly stick out of your ear. This doesn't seem to have any effect on how well they stay in my ears, it just looks a bit silly.

Samsung (SH-224DB) DVD Re-Writer SATA 24x Black No Software or Cables-OEM
Samsung (SH-224DB) DVD Re-Writer SATA 24x Black No Software or Cables-OEM
Offered by Areema Online
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as You'd Expect, 22 Jan 2014
It's pretty rare that you really need a DVD drive these days. I built my PC about 8 months ago and just decided to get one. So there's not a right lot to review. It works. Comes with the screws you'll need. It makes a slightly odd sound when it's in use, but it's far quieter than ones I've had in the past.

Surfin' Bird
Surfin' Bird
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best alarm tone money can buy., 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Surfin' Bird (MP3 Download)
We've all been there. It's 6am. Time to get up for work, and you just want to stay in bed. What doesn't help is an annoying, repetitive alarm clock. One that you just want to spit on the second you hear it. You hate its drone so much that you want to rebel against it and stay in bed.
Well, fret no more. Start your morning the right way. Set Surfin' Bird as your alarm tone and never sleep in again. You'll be fresh as a daisy, rejoicing in the knowledge that the bird is in fact the word. Ready to tackle any task that comes your way.

Warning:
Prolonged erection greater than 4 hours and priapism (painful erections greater than 6 hours in duration) have been reported infrequently since market approval of Surfin' Bird. In the event of an erection that persists longer than 4 hours, the listener should seek immediate medical assistance. If priapism is not treated immediately, penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency could result.

The Dickhead Song [Explicit]
The Dickhead Song [Explicit]
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Jan 2014
I don't want to overstate anything here, but this is without shadow of a doubt the best song ever written.

Motorola Moto G Premium TPU Hydro Gel Case Cover included Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth Capacitive Stylus Pen

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits Perfectly, 21 Jan 2014
I don't like buying phone cases without seeing them first, because they're often really loose, or made of a soft material that will stretch with use, and get in the way of the lens, speakers or buttons. This case is a very tight fit, and doesn't feel like it will be coming loose. It's made of a more rigid plastic, but still feels as though it would offer some protection. It also holds the battery door tightly in place, so if you have the squeaking problem that happens with this phone if you remove the back too many times (I've only removed mine ~5 times and it's squeaking in two places) then this case will cover that up.

I have no intention of using the screen protector because this phone has good scratch resistant glass, so it seems unnecessary. Screen protectors have always done more harm than good in my experience anyway. But in case you are wondering, it does seem to be the perfect size for the phone. It has the little holes for the speaker, sensor and lens, and feels more rigid than ones I've used in the past.

The stylus' are very light and feel kind of flimsy. The little stubby one comes tied to a little plastic 3.5 mm audio jack, so you can stick it in your phone to keep them together if you're not using earphones, and prefer to use a stylus. That's not really my thing, but I suppose it might be useful to some.

The only reason it's not five stars is because the "transparent clear" colour variant has more of a muddy grey tint, which is kind of ugly. It makes me wonder whether I accidentally ordered the "transparent black" one. Either way, it isn't clear or black and is ugly. Personally I don't care about the colour that much, so it's still 4 stars. I wouldn't recommend the transparent ones though.

Page: 1 | 2