Profile for Purple Tech > Reviews

Content by Purple Tech

Purple Tech (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BIRUGEAR Purple Hard Shell Carrying Case with Carabiner Clip + Black 3 FT Micro-USB 3.0 Cable for Western Digital My Passport ,Transcend StoreJet ,Toshiba Canvio ,Seagate Backup and More Portable External Hard Drives

4.0 out of 5 stars Just ordered a second one, 20 Nov. 2014
I have been using one of these for few weeks now. A seemingly well made and robust case that lives in the bottom of my rucksack on a regular basis.Next hurdle is international travel in a few weeks time. The USB 3 cable that comes with it looks robust and reliable. Good price but thought the postage is a bit on the high side nearly doubling the price. Be nice if Amazon stocked this as sure it would attract greater interest and sales with a lower postage cost. Five stars for build and performance but minus one star for delivery charges.

Activa Class 1 Below Knee Support Stockings 14 - 17 mmHg Black Extra large
Activa Class 1 Below Knee Support Stockings 14 - 17 mmHg Black Extra large
Offered by Daylong Compression Support Hosiery

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable when worn for 24 hrs, 7 Nov. 2014
Comfortable to wear on long transcontinental flights. Best fit I have experienced to date and easy to get on. Only used twice so not sure how durable they are but no undue signs of wear so far.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H4  halogen headlamp bulb  64193NBU-HCB +110% more light and +20% whiter light in double box
OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H4 halogen headlamp bulb 64193NBU-HCB +110% more light and +20% whiter light in double box

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the plastic box, 7 Nov. 2014
Do the job, better than the ones in use previously, definitely brighter and whiter. Good price.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) 10.1 inch LTE Tablet - White (Quad Core 1.9GHz, 3Gb RAM, 16Gb storage, WLAN, BT, 2x camera, Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean))
Offered by DealsCentre

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bees Knees, 21 May 2014
Having waited a long time before taking the plunge I finally decided on the 2014 Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I am so far not disappointed with it.

I did not want to be tied into the Apple culture much as I respected Jobs and Wozniak for there great little (sic) company.

This is the Hong Kong variant which I had worked out in advance as so I guess it qualifies as a "grey import". The 32GB LTE version has not been released in the UK yet and the LTE version you can get is usually from Germany and comes with a euro pin power supply. This comes with a UK 3 pin charger as standard.

I have been using it for about a week now and all seems well. NO hassle with battery life and perfomance.

I will update later when I have used it a bit more.
................................................................................................................................
Update after 8 months of use.

Fo normal surfing and emails etc, this fulfils my needs. As I use a PC at work then I do not need to go online at home with my desktop for a lot of the stuff I use to. But..... it is not a replacement if you use your PC for anything much more than surfing and emails. However I haven't turned my desktop on more than once a week since I got used to using this.

Battery life looks a ittle reduced now but that is only perceived and not measured. So far it has not run out even with protracted use.

I find the Samsung stuff to be intrusive, irremeovable and in some ways far to "nanny" for me, it is much like the Apple side (in starwars terms they would be "the dark side" to me). When the warranty expires I will consider using a different firmware option as one or two are slowly starting to appear.

Lots of potential to sue this as for example a drawing pad for a PC, a notpad for my work (once I can find a no-cloud option) and several ithers to boot. Plenty of scope there to get much more usage of it.

Not a criticism of the Samsung per se but I do find that a lot of the Android apps are very limited in their functions. There are way too many limitations even when accessing through the browsers to permit me to rely upon it on trips overseas which is a disappointment as it is otherwise ideal for that.

Main issues are with Paypal, Amazon, Autotrader (which I cannot even install on the Samsung) and even going via the browsers brings in far more limitations than I would like (and not jsut security ones).

Hopefully this will improve in time as the apps specifically for tablets get better but that is by no means certain.

On the plus side I have just stepped up from 3G to 4G using giffgaff. As long as the signal is good it is blindingly fast. Well happy with that bit, just a little less so with the data allowances you can get as you can easily chomp your way through that in a couple of hours. So bewrae you film streamers on the go.

I have invested in a small docking station and an Anker bluetooth keyboard, a decent case and travel cover, a bletooth speaker and plenty of memory. I can read reliably from USB sticks as well which is a great advantage.

Overall content and would be happy to recommend to friends and family without fear of perpetul questions and major repercussions.

Shop4 Purple Flexible Silicone Skin Cover Case for HTC One X / X+ Plus Mobile Phone
Offered by Accessoryworld

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on...., 21 May 2014
Fits great, all the cut outs in the right place and the colour is accurate (so many purples turn out to be "hot pink". Well worth the money.

25 x G4 12v 10w Clear Halogen Capsule Bulbs Lamps
25 x G4 12v 10w Clear Halogen Capsule Bulbs Lamps
Offered by Leonlighting

2.0 out of 5 stars Seemed great at first but thethe failures started., 21 May 2014
Great value, come individually boxed. worked fine to begin with but then the failures started. My previous bulbs, which I bought in IKEA lasted years. These seem to last a couple of months and then they start flickering and then fail. I use in bedside lights and in future I will be looking to buy a better quality as, although these will cost about the same in terms of cost per hour, I won't have the hassle of changing them every three months or so.

Sourcing4U The Executioner Pro Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
Sourcing4U The Executioner Pro Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars Zap bang pow, 19 Feb. 2014
Gets those pesky moths and other flying critturs so the other half feels more comfortable. Might require a couple of zaps to get them well and truly fried but that is asy enough to do once they are stunned. Have several of these now and can recommend.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Had several pairs and not disappointed, 19 Feb. 2014
Robust as I wear them every day for work. Have had several pairs and the stretch makes them very comfortable. will buy again

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but pockets too shallow, 19 Feb. 2014
Fit well and comfy. Pockets too shallow so keep losing stuff. If pockets were deeper then I would buy again. As it stands, will look for alternatives

D2D - 100% GENUINE ORIGINAL NEW HTC ONE X BATTERY BJ83100 1800 mAh 35H00187-01M
D2D - 100% GENUINE ORIGINAL NEW HTC ONE X BATTERY BJ83100 1800 mAh 35H00187-01M
Offered by VALLOOOOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my HTC one X to as new battery life, 19 Feb. 2014
The battery works fine. My old battery had well over 500 charges which is the limit you can expect from Li Polymer. This one has transformed the lifetime back to where it was when the phones was new. It looks genuine and seems to perform like the original. However fitting it is a pain & unless you are really careful you can cause damage. I have experienced this before and still it was tricky. Not for the novice or the faint of heart. Battery gets 5* but HTC get a ticking off.

Update: March 2014. The battery is still working fine. This review seems to apply to all the HTC One X batteries regardless of vendor. In my experience, they aren't always the same qualtiy so check who you are buying from and their track record. Mine came from BKAT who do not seem to sell them now

Page: 1 | 2 | 3