Profile for K. Pietrangeli > Reviews

Content by K. Pietrangeli

K. Pietrangeli (London)

Bach Flower Remedies for Beginners: 38 Essences That Heal from Deep within (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
by David Vennells

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bach Flower Remedy Bible!, 29 Oct. 2013
My copy of this book is well worn, dog eared, sticky noted and well loved! Even though I have completed Level 3 at the Bachs Institute in London, this is the book I always turn to first. I disagree with the reviewer who said this book tells nothing more that the free pamphlets you can get. It goes into much more detail and includes the positive remedy effects at the end of each description. I always recommend this book to anyone wanting to understand the remedies better.

TSSS® Mixed Red & Green stage lighting Light Projector Spotlight Sound/ Music Active DJ Equipment for Disco Lights Club Party, 24 months warranty,Black
Offered by 168onlinegoods

1.0 out of 5 stars It stopped working the 2nd time we switched it on., 5 Dec. 2012
We bought this for our teenager for his birthday party and tested it out for 5 mins. as soon as it arrived. The effects were amazing. Then, a few days later, as the party was about to begin - plugged it in and... nothing but but a tiny pin of laser light coming through the hole. We tried everything, but it had simply stopped working. Really disappointing to say the least. I now see another reviewer has had the same problem around the same time.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly fantastic!, 27 Mar. 2012
My sister in law recommended this book to me after her book club read it. It was the only book they have ever all loved. The title and cover just did not appeal to me and it look me ages to finally open it to start reading. I couldn't put it down! Not only was the story wonderful, but I learned so much I did not know about the Second World War and about Guernsey. I love a good fiction story weaved around history. Highly recommended!

Get Better Grades: Cool Study Skills for Red Hot Results
Get Better Grades: Cool Study Skills for Red Hot Results
by Margie Agnew

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise hit with my son!, 19 Jan. 2012
I bought this book for my 12 year old son who could use a bit of help with organisation and study skills. I had no idea how much he would enjoy it! He read it from cover to cover in a couple of days and now keeps it on his bedside table and frequently dips in and out of it. The author has presented the ideas as if it were "buddy to buddy" and it includes a lot of amusing silliness and cartoons to keep it from feeling too heavy. I am super impressed and have been recommending it to friends.

Lekue 650 ml Steam Case with Tray for 1 to 2 Person, Green
Lekue 650 ml Steam Case with Tray for 1 to 2 Person, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked on this!, 15 Dec. 2011
When a friend told me to buy one of these because it would "change my life" I was a bit skeptical. Like me, my friend also works from home and often prepares and eats lunch alone. When I am cooking for just me I really don't want to make a big production out of it. I just want something fast, simple and satisfying. In the summer I can whip up a fabulous salad in minutes but when winter comes, the thought of a salad fills me with dread. I need something hot and comforting. Soup is the obvious choice, but day in and day out that becomes pretty unexciting. My friend explained that with this Lukue steam case I can so easily and quickly create a great hot lunch for myself in just a few minutes. She was right! Some of the lunches I've been having lately: chicken breast with garlic, herbs and broccoli. Prawns with noodles, garlic, chilli and lime. Salmon with pan choi, ginger, garlic, soy sauce. I just put a few drops of water into the steamer, add my protein and some vegetables along with whatever flavours I want: garlic, chilli, ginger, herbs. I pop it into the microwave and in about 3 minutes it is cooked and ready! The silicone steamer is not too hot to take out with my bare hands and often I just bring the whole thing down to my desk, open it up and eat it straight from the steamer.
I also find it handy for quickly steaming some veg to go along with dinner for the kids. I bought the one which comes with a recipe book with lots of ideas and with timings for whatever you want to put in it. You can buy it alone without the book but for just a couple of pounds more you get the book. I have always been a bit dubious about microwaving especially after reading that is is dangerous to microwave foods in plastic containers or covered with plastic wrap. But I have read all of the info about the special silicone Lekue use and they say that it is safe. They also claim that this is a super healthy way to cook foods as they are steaming in their own juices. No need to add any oil whatsoever. I'm hooked!

Lekue Steam Case with Tray and Recipe Book
Lekue Steam Case with Tray and Recipe Book

5.0 out of 5 stars It did change my life!, 15 Dec. 2011
When a friend told me to buy one of these because it would "change my life" I was a bit skeptical. Like me, my friend also works from home and often prepares and eats lunch alone. When I am cooking for just me I really don't want to make a big production out of it. I just want something fast, simple and satisfying. In the summer I can whip up a fabulous salad in minutes but when winter comes, the thought of a salad fills me with dread. I need something hot and comforting. Soup is the obvious choice but day in and day out that becomes pretty unexciting. My friend explained that with this Lukue steam case I can so easily and quickly create a great hot lunch for myself in just a few minutes. She was right! Some of the lunches I've been having lately: chicken breast with garlic, herbs and broccoli. Prawns with noodles, garlic, chilli and lime. Salmon with pan choi, ginger, garlic, soy sauce. I just put a few drops of water into the steamer, add my protein and some vegetables along with whatever flavours I want: garlic, chilli, ginger, herbs. I pop it into the microwave and in about 3 minutes it is cooked and ready! The silicone steamer is not too hot to take out with my bare hands and often I just bring the whole thing down to my desk, open it up and eat it straight from the steamer.
I also find it handy for quickly steaming some veg to go along with dinner for the kids. It comes with a recipe book with lots of ideas and with timings for whatever you want to put in it. I have always been a bit dubious about microwaving especially after reading that is is dangerous to microwave foods in plastic containers or covered with plastic wrap. But I have read all of the info about the special silicone Lekue use and they say that it is safe. They also claim that this is a super healthy way to cook foods as they are steaming in their own juices. No need to add any oil whatsoever. I'm hooked!

Jump In ! (Freestyle Edition) [DVD]
Jump In ! (Freestyle Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Corbin Bleu
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Jump In - A total hit!!!, 18 Aug. 2008
I bought this for my two boys, age 6 and 8, as they loved High School Musical and I noticed Jump In features one of the actors from HSM. They absolutely LOVE it and so I joined them in watching it again and I enjoyed it as much as they did. Wonderful story of a boy who's dad wants him to become a boxer, but who finds himself wanting to enter a Double Dutch (skip roping) competition instead. I have never seen this incredible type of group stunt skip roping before, using double ropes. It was mind blowing entertainment cleverly intertwined in a good story. Highly recommended!

Dear Max
Dear Max
by Sally Grindley

5.0 out of 5 stars A real hit with our Max, 29 April 2008
This review is from: Dear Max (Paperback)
We were struggling to find a fiction book our 8 year son Max would read to himself before bed. He then received the 3 series set of Dear Max books - and couldn't put them down! It may have been the easy letter writing format of the books which kept his interest. All three are highly recommended by our Max!