Profile for J.J. > Reviews

Clearblue Fertility Monitor
Clearblue Fertility Monitor
Offered by SME Fertility

5.0 out of 5 stars This is so worth the money...., 10 Jan 2014
I'm 40 years old and only got married last year. We wanted to have a baby as soon as possible but after 8 months of 'trying', nothing had happened. Then a colleague recommended this monitor. The insight into your own menstrual cycle is the key! My husband works away during the week and so for the first 2 months I realised that he was never near me when I was ovulating! We avoided pregnancy during the 3rd month as we didn't want a christmas baby and when the monitor predicted that I would ovulate midweek again, my husband came home for the night. I'm now 36 weeks pregnant. Please try this monitor instead of worrying yourself or wondering for 8 months like I did. And if the monitor had shown that I wasn't producing enough or any hormones at all, I would have gone to the fertility expert earlier. Either way this monitor can only empower you. I completely recommend this product

Your Pregnancy Week-by-week (Hamlyn Health)
Your Pregnancy Week-by-week (Hamlyn Health)
by Dame Karlene Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars Your Pregnancy Week by Week, 10 Jan 2014
I have to confess that I have read this back to front and back again. There's just enough information to keep you going and is also good as a reference book as different pregnancy related aliments arise. I liked that it was arranged weekly and so I could tell my husband what was going on that week and so that I could read it as my pregnancy progressed. The only thing It lacks is the next stage (ie when the baby is born). I'm 36 weeks now and would like to know about pain relief in labour, if I need a c-section how it's done etc etc and the details are not in this book. Time to hunt for a new book, but this has been fine up to now.

I Don't Know Why She Bothers: Guilt Free Motherhood For Thoroughly Modern Women
I Don't Know Why She Bothers: Guilt Free Motherhood For Thoroughly Modern Women
by Daisy Waugh

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know why she bothers......., 10 Jan 2014
I listened to the author on the radio and thought that this book would be helpful as well as some light hearted entertainment. It didn't meet my expectations and is a book of the authors whinging and rants. There were a few 'helpful' paragraphs early on in the book, but I didn't gain anymore insight into 'what not to buy', than I had heard on the radio broadcast. I like the idea of a book to address all of the baby myths, but this did not satisfy me

RECARO Adaptor for I-candy Apple and Apple jogger
RECARO Adaptor for I-candy Apple and Apple jogger

5.0 out of 5 stars Recaro Adaptor for iCandy Apple2Pear, 10 Jan 2014
These can also be used on the new iCandy Apple2Pear travel system with the Recaro baby seat. Happy with this product

Actesso Advanced Wrist Support Splint: for Carpal Tunnel, Sprains, and Arthritis. Medically Approved (Medium, Left)
Offered by Actesso Medical Supports Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars CTS in Pregnancy, 10 Jan 2014
At 32 weeks I started to get a numb feeling in my finger tips, which rapidly spread throughout both hands and I self diagnosed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (I'm also a doctor, so that kind of helped!). 4 days later in the middle of the night (Saturday) the pain was unbearable, raising my hands above my head and alternatively dropping them over the side of the bed didn't help. In desperation I ordered a pair of the Actesso Advanced Wrist Support Splints. These arrived on Tuesday morning and I started wearing them that night. They haven't stopped the numbness, but the pain went pretty much from the time I started wearing them. Some doctors suggest wearing them full-time, but the evidence for that really isn't there, plus they would be too restrictive to wear them during the day if you're still trying to work. Night-time use has been quite good enough for me and has made my final 2 months much more bearable. The wrist supports are well made and don't smell too much of neoprene or of malodour. I would thoroughly recommend.

Proxima Direct® 200 LED 23M White Solar Powered Fairy Light Waterproof -- Garden Outdoor Christmas Lights, Ship by 1st class delivery
Offered by Proxima Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Proxima 200 LED lights, 10 Jan 2014
I 'splashed out' on these after I bought some solar powered LED lights from a local garden centre and was bitterly disappointed. These however, came with a little charge in them and so you can check immediately that they work and what settings they have. Lasts for a good 6-8 hours once charged. Very happy with this product

Nexcare Elastic Pregnancy Belly/Bump Support - Size 8-18
Nexcare Elastic Pregnancy Belly/Bump Support - Size 8-18
Offered by Bluecrest Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy support belt, 10 Jan 2014
I found this really useful around 16-20 weeks when my belly was getting used to being stretched and my ligaments began to loosen, but I think it was a bit more of a security blanket. However, around 32 weeks I started using it again as I was trying to continue working and needed the back support it offered. My only complaint is the velcro loops scratch you if you don't put it on exactly in the right position or over clothes (which is what I ended up doing). I never used the elastic over the top of the bump.

Clipper Organic Raspberry Leaf Infusion 20 Teabags (Pack of 6, Total 120 Teabags)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry leaf tea after 32 weeks pregnancy, 10 Jan 2014
This actually tastes nice! Not weak and vaguely fruity like other fruit teas, but actually something I would choose to drink. If you remember to have 3 cups a day then there's not quite enough for the remaining 8 weeks, but after a few days the strength of my Braxton Hicks became so strong I cut back to 2 cups a day and I could cope a bit better. Supposed to reduce the length of 2nd stage labour. I would let you know - but I've just been told I need to have a c-section as my baby is breech. Oh well! Someone's law that is.

Johnson & Johnson Baby Skincaring Essentials Box
Johnson & Johnson Baby Skincaring Essentials Box
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars J&J Baby Essentials Box, 10 Jan 2014
Just thought I'd write to tell you that a light purple box arrived intact containing baby wet wipes, baby oil, top-to-toe bubble bath, baby shampoo, baby bedtime bath, baby bath, baby lotion and 100 cotton buds. All 300mls-ish. No complaints whatsoever.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard, Clear Plastic ID Card Holder, 2 May 2012
Just wanted to add that this has a hard case and one side is slightly frosted and the other side is crystal clear. My barcode swipe access works fine with it. Arrived 36 hours after ordering by GOOD OLD ROYAL MAIL! (Still waiting for a package to be delivered by H***, which was ordered the day before!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3