Profile for Pob > Reviews

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Price: 27.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Reeked of forgery, 13 Aug 2013
There is another product with the same name on Amazon which may very well be legitimate and is more expensive.

After having enjoyed a bottle of Dalwhinney recently, I ordered this item. When received, the box not only looked as if had been pulled from a rubbish bin but also stunk of whisky and was damp. The bottle was sealed and corked (turns out that doing this is easy for the fakers if you look it up). Once removed, the plastic top just fell off. Luckily, there was enough of the cork showing to remove it and there followed an immediate whiff of your basic supermarket whisky (if that!) I poured a small amount into my glass and, from the smell, had no hesitation in saying that the contents where NOTHING LIKE Dalwhinnie whisky so I had a taste and this only reinforced that view by a factor of ten. I am in no way a whisky connoisseur and was not even aware of counterfeit whiskies being sold until I looked it up after coming up with the possibility that this could be the case but now I see now how rife it is. The smell and taste differences were so obvious that ANYONE could tell.

After explaining my situation to Amazon, they told me to keep the Whisky and that they would send out another bottle which seems very good as far as customer service goes but I requested a refund instead as I did not want to repeat this experience. I will not drink the contents of this bottle as I really cannot trust what it actually is! I will not even give it away. I have emailed the distillery and have offered to send them the bottle so they can check the contents.

I would certainly recommend Dalwhinnie Whisky to any who are curious but I would not recommend ever buying this product unless Russian Roulette is your thing.

I really do hope that Amazon look into this and would never sink low enough into actively involving themselves in such practices knowingly.

I will buy a bottle from Tesco this weekend and post pictures of the two in detail if I get time to help Whisky drinkers tell the differences.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 9:21 PM BST

Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Offered by HometownTV UK
Price: 10.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for Humax HDR-FOX T2 (Freeview), 9 Aug 2013
Plugged it in, set it up in the menu and it worked. Easy.

I used a longer USB extension cable so that I could have the aerial up higher for the signal and because the Humax is in a cupboard and it works just great.