Profile for Philip Elkins > Reviews

Content by Philip Elkins

Philip Elkins "Philip" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Braun Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrush Regular Medium 279115 Colour May Vary
Braun Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrush Regular Medium 279115 Colour May Vary
Offered by Online4Perfume

3.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrush., 15 Jan 2013
My wife used to use this particular brush. However in brushing two, occasionally three times every day, the battery lasted only a month! Yes I attempted to change the battery by bending back the metal tag inside the toothbrush handle. However afterwards the brush never worked properly. Basically it is not possible to replace the battery in this brush. As many of them no doubt spend months sitting on shelves in shops, possibly the internal battery loses power, and consequently the brush does not last as long as it should!

Braun DB4010 Oral-B Advance Power Battery Toothbrush
Braun DB4010 Oral-B Advance Power Battery Toothbrush
Offered by Verdure Plus

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, except for the battery compartment!, 15 Jan 2013
My wife and me have one of these each, as I travel often and I would not wish to leave her without a toothbrush. They were bought to replace earlier versions of this brush, both of which had splits to the battery cover, caused by the difficulty of removing the cover to replace the batteries! I understand that this might be due to water and toothpaste entering the edge of the battery compartment, so I now make a point of removing the battery cover every two weeks and cleaning the seal thoroughly, thereby hoping to avoid similar problems occurring on these toothbrushes. Battery life is good (depending on the quality of the batteries used). Apart from the battery cover difficulty, I would have awarded it 5 stars. It is a pity that Braun do not mention this in the instructions!

Ghost [DVD] [1990]
Ghost [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Patrick Swayze
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost!, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ghost [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
I watched this recently again with my wife. What always spoils it for me, is that from the very beginning when Sam is murdered, you just know that he is never going to get back again with Molly! Yes it has more tear jerking moments than The Notebook, but despite all the love and romance, that element of sadness at Molly's loss is permanent. Sam is gone, never to return! His ceaseless efforts to put things right and to protect Molly are wonderful, but sadly as I say, nothing can ever reunite them again! This film is possibly Patrick Swayze's better film.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvellous Gadget!, 14 Jan 2013
This arrived as another Christmas gift for me. I have used it several times since, although for everyday use, it seems slightly over the top. The razor shaves closely and smoothly, although I note that these razors are expensive to replace. The add on trimmers work well without pulling or catching of hairs. The combination of the Braun shaver and Gillette razor is good. For the price I very good purchase, although perhaps Gillette should reduce the price of the razors, as possibly replacements will be too expensive for some people.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer., 14 Jan 2013
I received one of these as a Christmas present. It replaced an old version that I originally bought many years ago from Lidl. This gadget is marvellous, such an improvement. It does not pull or nip the hairs, just cuts all smoothly and closely. The two add-on eyebrow cutters are useful, cutting the hair straight and even. Having read many of the previous reviews here, I make certain I wash it under warm tap water for about a minute after use. So far I have not experienced any difficulties. It is easy to grip, feels solid and works well. A gadget I would recommend!

The Hunt For Red October (Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [1990]
The Hunt For Red October (Special Collector's Edition [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Sean Connery

5.0 out of 5 stars Red October!, 11 Jan 2013
I must have watched this film more than a dozen times now, both on television and DVD. I am never tired of viewing it. My Wife who is Russian, thinks that it is all hokum, but that Sean Connery makes a good, passable Russian Captain:-))) Sam Neill is good, but slightly unbelievable as a Russian. The music too is inspiring, and adds to the enjoyment of the film. We all know the plot, so I won't go into it, but nevertheless to me it is one of the better naval/sea thrillers, and maybe, just maybe there is an element of truth in it somewhere!

Men in Black 3 [DVD] [2012]
Men in Black 3 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and Enjoyable., 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Men in Black 3 [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I saw this originally at the cinema in 3D. Now again I have watched it, but in 2D on the television. To me it is far better than the second movie and certainly as good as the first! Brolin is brilliant as Jones, and imitates him perfectly. The time travel story is of course an old chestnut, but here I found it refreshing and in parts exceedingly funny. I think it rounds off the trilogy well, so there will be no need for a fourth film please!

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Ice Age 4: Continental Drift [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Romano

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Good Film!, 30 Dec 2012
My wife and me watched this on the cinema earlier this year. I was not too impressed with the 3D, but the film itself was funny and a good continuation of the story from the earlier three films. I found it better than the third film, but it did seem very short! Overall very watchable.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol [DVD]
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Ethan Hunt plays Tom Cruise or???, 30 Dec 2012
Well basically I enjoyed it. It is a better film than the second and third movies. However, will somebody please inform Tom Cruise that he is now 50 years of age, he will have some grey hairs, so please do not dye the hair black! It makes you look ridiculous Tom! Nicolas Cage is equally guilty of this! The plot of the film seems to jump from one action piece to another and not so smoothly. However the addition of Simon Pegg is certainly of benefit. In parts the CGI was obvious though, especially on a large screen television.This is probably unavoidable though, until CGI improves over the coming years. Overall a good and watchable film, but maybe Tom Cruise is now entering that age where such films are just a little too much for him!

Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by streetsahead

3.0 out of 5 stars Something Missing!, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Iron Man 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film on a friend's extra large smart television. So had the opportunity of seeing it in all it's glory, together with surround sound. It was good, but not so good as the first film. I can't put my finger on it, but definitely something was missing, and it seemed bland in parts and too long. Too much talk, and not enough action I think. Micky Rourke was good though as the villain. To view this film once is enough, I believe. I look forward to the third episode.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6