Profile for Ms. J. E. V. Chant > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. E. V. Chant

Ms. J. E. V. Chant (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Feb. 2013
This book has a brilliant and unique story line. I read it in about 3 days flat because I literally could not put it down, I was staying up late, waking up early to read it as much as possible! It is written in such a good way that just keeps you wanting more. I read all the books one after the after and now I'm gutted that there is no more. I would suggest everyone reads this book for something a little different to the norm

Pride and Prejudice
Pride and Prejudice

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic!!, 9 Feb. 2013
I put off reading this book for years because I thought it would be too oldy-worldy for me and maybe I would find it boring. But...I was wrong! I finally read it and really enjoyed it. It's a classic old story about love, family, marriage etc. It gives a brilliant insight into how life used to be. It easy to read and I found myself looking forward to the evenings to carry on reading the story. A must read!!

The Fallen Star
The Fallen Star

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't enjoy this!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Star (Kindle Edition)
This book seemed to be a jumble of lots of other books I've read; a bit of harry potter, a bit of twilight etc etc. It was unoriginal and unbelievable. I like some supernatural books but this was just ridiculous. Badly written and glad I didn't pay for it! On a plus side, the first chapter was really interesting and had the rest of the book contintued in that writing style I may have enjoyed it.

Their Newborn Gift (Mills & Boon Cherish) (Outback Baby Tales series Book 3)
Their Newborn Gift (Mills & Boon Cherish) (Outback Baby Tales series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 9 Feb. 2013
This book was ok, another predictable kind of girly book, but I probably could have guessed that from the title.

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1)
Invisible (Ivy Malone Mystery Series #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 9 Feb. 2013
I thought this book was original and different from a lot of other books out there. I enjoyed the story line and thought it was well written and funny. A good find!

Little Women
Little Women

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Little Women (Kindle Edition)
I watched the film first and then decided to try the book, and I love it. It's very old and twee but easy to read and just lovely!!

From The Heart
From The Heart

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of short stories, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: From The Heart (Kindle Edition)
I obviously didn't read the description correctly, this is not one novel, it is lots of little stories about love. Each one was ok, but found it abit random...

Mia's Scandal (Mills & Boon M&B) (The Balfour Legacy - Book 1)
Mia's Scandal (Mills & Boon M&B) (The Balfour Legacy - Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 9 Feb. 2013
Obvious girly chick flick, didn't like the ending but maybe that's because it was too lovey dovey, everything's perfect, happy ever after...

Clouded Rainbow
Clouded Rainbow

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I though the way this book was written really good! I loved reading and it was a definite page turner. The ended shocked me and was not what I thought would happen, but it's definitely a thinker!

Jennifer's Garden (The Gables Trilogy Book 1)
Jennifer's Garden (The Gables Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical chick flick, 9 Feb. 2013
It was an ok kinda book, bit obvious. But if you just want an easy to read girly book where you don't have to concentrate too much then this is the one!

Page: 1 | 2