Profile for Bruce Wayne > Reviews

Content by Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne (London England)

Page: 1 | 2
Betron DC950 Headphones Earphones, Noise Isolating, Bass Driven, High Definition In Ear Canal, Tangle free, Replaceable Earbuds for or iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buds but a little too bassy for me, 19 Jan. 2015
Great sounding and well built headphones. No leakage and they stop outside noise. My only complaint is that they're a little too bassy for my tastes. Would probably suit someone who listens to modern music rather than the jazz I listen to. Still, for the price they're hard to beat

Water
Water

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great when compaired to his other offerings, 6 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Water (MP3 Download)
While I wouldnt describe it as a great album - expecially when compaired to Porters other two albums, its still worth a listen. There seems to be less production on this album, which isnt really a good or a bad thing but the one thing that is missing are the killer hooks found on albums like "Be Good" and "Liquid Spirit". Still, worth a listen.

The Gershwin Collection: For Solo Guitar [With CD (Audio)] (Jazz Masters)
The Gershwin Collection: For Solo Guitar [With CD (Audio)] (Jazz Masters)
by Howard Morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer service, 11 Jun. 2013
Recieved the book but no CD was included. This book is useless without the CD as a guide so I contacted customer service who gave me a full refund. The person I dealt with - Shantell - was a joy to deal with and although the item arrived incomplete, she had no problems refunding in full. Will definately use again

I Heard The Angels Singin'
I Heard The Angels Singin'

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, 24 Sept. 2012
I've heard a few version of this song but none come close to Erics version. Up until now I thought the Gary Davis version was definative. Not anymore. Just Erics voice, his acoutic and a bit of a resonator in the background and what you have is the most soul inspiring song ever. Being an athiest, the lyrics dont really hold much meaning but they're sung with such passion that its quite easy to get caught up.
Buy it. You'll hear an Angel sing...

Ernie Ball Microfiber Polishing Cloth
Ernie Ball Microfiber Polishing Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it should do, 29 Aug. 2012
I used to use a normal cloth to clean my high gloss guitar and it would take ages. Now, with this new polish cloth, it takes about 20 seconds. It even cleans the LCD TV screen perfectly.

Beginning Fingerstyle Blues Guitar (Guitar Books)
Beginning Fingerstyle Blues Guitar (Guitar Books)
by Arnie Berle

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect starting place for fingerstyle blues, 6 July 2012
I've played guitar for years - no lessons, just muddled through bits of books and the odd DVD. Recently I decided to learn acoustic fingerstyle blues and after seeing the amazon reviews, decided to pick this book.
It took me around a month to complete the book but within that month I've gone from not being able to fingerpick to being pretty good. I've since bought a few Stefan Grossman DVD's and now I'm getting to the stage where I'm considering playing at open mic nights.

Yup - for absolute beginners to intermediate players who want to learn fingerstyle blues. THIS IS THE ONE!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 7:41 AM GMT

Tanglewood TW73
Tanglewood TW73

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful guitar, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Tanglewood TW73 (Electronics)
I was on the lookout for a small parlor guitar and had a budget in excess of £1000. During a trip to denmark street in London, I tried everything on offer - from Vintage Gibsons to some lovely Martins/Taylors and even a Yamaha Red label. However, after trying the TW73 I was completely blown away! Tone, build quality, setup, projection, finish - everything on this guitar just was perfect. Strum my fingers across the strings and the tone is so beautiful I almost go weak at the knees. The thing almost plays itself.

I've owned one for about 2 months now and I cant put it down. If my wife left me tomorrow - I'm not sure I'd notice...

Yes - they're THAT good!

Anthology of Country Blues Guitar: Authentic Guitar Tab [With CD] (Stefan Grossmanís Early Masters of American Blues Guitar)
by Stefan Grossman

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful adventure, 31 May 2012
The previous review says it all really. This is a beautifully put together book containing some of Americas TRUE giants of early roots music. In my opinion, its worth the cover price just for John Hurts tab of Frankie. Stephan Grossman really nailed it with this collection.

Marshall RF-1 Reflector Pedal
Marshall RF-1 Reflector Pedal
Offered by Cadno Music (Cymru) Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty damned good, 11 May 2011
This review is from: Marshall RF-1 Reflector Pedal
Solid construction and very nice styling. The verb setting are sweet but the string verb is beautiful. Bypass doesnt suck the tone from your guitar and the pedal is silent when on or off. Useful for gigging or home recording

Ultimate Guitar - Killer Rock And Metal Runs [DVD] [NTSC]
Ultimate Guitar - Killer Rock And Metal Runs [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Danny Gill

5.0 out of 5 stars Danny Gill is the King, 23 Feb. 2011
This is not going to teach you the theory behind music scales on the guitar, modes or scales. What it will teach you is how to play killer licks almost instantly. Danny Gill is the best DVD guitar tutor there is and I cant recommend this highly enough. I'd say its for intermediate players only - although beginners should be able to get through the first few licks.
This is an ideal addition to your normal daily guitar practice.
You dont regret it