Profile for ASP > Reviews

Qi Gong Fire & Water (with Matthew Cohen) [DVD]
Qi Gong Fire & Water (with Matthew Cohen) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars to enjoy it and benefit from it, 9 Feb. 2015
I have practised the 'fire' section of this dvd for the last 4 years when it was originally on a now closed health channel on Sky. Even as a man in my twenties it is very difficult, as for a large proportion of the workout you are engaged in 'horse stance' or bending your legs which is very tiring. His form in the dragon stance is superb and you don't realize how strong his legs are until you mimic his depth in the mirror.

I'm not sure I believe in chi or the detoxing statements he makes but you don't have to, to enjoy it and benefit from it. The most important part is that it kind of mimics real life challenges - i.e., you can meditate on a cushion and watch your breath which is very useful and relaxing. This dvd enables you to meditate and slow your breath whilst undergoing physical pain; which I brought over into real life problems. The transitions and balance are important in qi gong and if your mind starts getting busy and panicking then you lose the balance in the movements. It is surprising how you can incorporate the balance you learn in qi gong into other life challenges outside of it.

What a great dvd and just a shame he hasn't done anymore similar?

Roberts Sports DAB/FM RDS Personal Digital Radio with Loudspeaker - Black
Roberts Sports DAB/FM RDS Personal Digital Radio with Loudspeaker - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars No use for me, 10 Nov. 2014
Good for having around the house - just don't go anywhere outside with it. No signal at all, big and cumbersome.

Appreciate that others have not had these problems but I have had to return it. Perhaps the DAB signal is terrible in the south east or something?

Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black
Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars The signal is horrendous, I had to return it ..., 31 Oct. 2014
The signal is horrendous, I had to return it because it was possibly faulty? Just walking along in open space it was going blank for minutes at a time. That was my experience but think twice before you buy this - particularly if you intend to listen on train journeys as well, it just won't work. However when it didn't work going for a stroll either then I had enough with it. Returned, just wish I hadn't bought the case as well.

SleepPhones v.4 - Extra Large (Black)
SleepPhones v.4 - Extra Large (Black)
Offered by etailz UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but useful., 14 Mar. 2013
For what is essentially a headband with speakers - over £30 is theft, but the product works very well. It is also a small sum for a better night's sleep and you can also wear ear plugs and still hear it perfectly.

The One (Finding Reality & The Awakening of Spiritual Awareness)
The One (Finding Reality & The Awakening of Spiritual Awareness)
by Keith Loy

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not be fooled by the hypnotist in your mind, 5 Jan. 2012
The great thing about this book is there is nothing nebulous about it. The author is a typical person in the western world working an average job who has chosen not to identify with his mind anymore. As you will see when reading, there is nothing to look for. No recommended teachers or further reading, no quest - just the practise of mindfulness - i.e., inhabiting the 5 senses rather then your thought dramas. Like he wonderfully describes, thought is a pseudo-hypnotist which we automatically believe and when we believe it then you get every struggle with humanity we have seen so far and the reason for all our problems. The way he explains things has helped me through a difficult time in my life and I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more from a skeptical author who has spent a lot of money over the years only to find there is little that needs to be understood.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2012 2:44 PM GMT