Profile for likes to read > Reviews

Content by likes to read

likes to read

Order & Chaos Duels - Trading Card Game
Order & Chaos Duels - Trading Card Game
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, 11 Sep 2013
Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now, and have really been enjoying it! It's very easy and quick to learn, and so far there's been no need to spend any cash - although there is the option to buy more cards and in-game boosts if that's your thing. You can play against other players, or just do the campaign battles. If you've played other card games, you will like this game! If not, why not try it anyway?

The Duke's Dilemma
The Duke's Dilemma
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 10 Jan 2013
I like Regency romances and this was a good, interesting read, well written and it held my attention all the way through. For the price it's pretty incredible really. Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 9:17 AM GMT

The Duke's Challenge
The Duke's Challenge
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 25 Oct 2012
Another good one from Fenella Miller. What I like about her books is that I can believe in the characters and her backgrounds are well researched, I hate it when something throws me out of the story. Charlotte is a likeable heroine and there's plenty of adventure as well as romance before she and Jack reach the inevitable happy ending. If you like Regencies, I think you will like this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 9:22 AM GMT

The Shadowy Horses
The Shadowy Horses
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 11 Jun 2012
I love Susanna Kearsley's books. The first one I read was The Winter Sea and I was hooked. She evokes a brilliant atmosphere and the pages just keep on turning. The Shadowy Horses was no exception. Before you know it, you're drawn into the world and don't want to come out again. Recommended.

Favourite Things
Favourite Things
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Favourite Things (Kindle Edition)
This is the kind of book I like, a bit of mystery, a bit of humour, and a romance. It was also set on a Sound of Music tour, so perfect for me who loves the Sound of Music. Worth the read.

Song for a Butterfly
Song for a Butterfly
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one from Margaret Kaine, 8 Jun 2012
This is another good book from Margaret Kaine, she really evokes the era. I won't summarise the plot, which has already been done, but I will just say that her characters are real and I never want to leave her books. Recommended.

Darcy's Diary
Darcy's Diary
by Amanda Grange

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 4 Dec 2006
This review is from: Darcy's Diary (Hardcover)
If you've ever thought, 'How could he say that?' when Darcy proposed to Elizabeth the first time, or wondered what he thought of her when he met her again at Pemberley . . . if you've ever wondered what he said to Wickham when he finally found him in London, or what he said to Lydia . . . if you've ever wondered what Darcy felt when Elizabeth said 'Yes' . . . if you've ever wondered what happened at Christmas after Lizzy and Darcy were married . . . then this book will answer your deepest desires.

Ms Grange has also written Mr Knightley's Diary, which I loved, and Captain Wentworth's Diary, which isn't out yet but I want to read, too. I hope she does Col Brandon's Diary, that's one I would love to see.

I'm editing this review to say I've just found out from Amanda Grange's website that there's a paperback of Darcy's Diary, but it's called Mr Darcy's Diary - the slight change in the title is probably why there doesn't seem to be a link to it from this page. Anyway, you can type Amanda Grange into the search box and it will bring up al her books, including Mr Darcy's Diary, or you can type the ISBN into the search box, which is ISBN-13: 978-1402208768