Profile for salfranb > Reviews

salfranb "sal" (uk)

Divers
Divers

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely satisfied Newsom Fan, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Divers (Audio CD)
I am sooo pleased I bought this album. I am a true Newsom Fan, it must be said and I get why she is a bit like marmite: lover her, hate her, etc. She is not for everyone, thats fine. But she is for me. The last album was not a good album, more like diluted stuff being shuved out. But this album, she returns to her original gorgeous sound, the one where we fell in love with her.

The only thing I will say that is annoying is that sometimes you just want to hear her and her harp and the band gets in the way of that. Just my opinion.
It is more on par with Milk eyed Mender and a bit of Ys, with the orchestra.

Millwall
Millwall

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read!!!, 7 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Millwall (Kindle Edition)
I am not a lover of football and my taste in books is far from Bardsley's subject matter. But then, Bardsley's book is not 'another football book' or a football book at all. It is so much more.
Starting to read 'Millwall', I very quickly found myself drawn in by the characters in this novel. They are very believable and likeable and I couldnt put the book down until I found out what was going to happen to them next. Bardsley's attention to detail throughout is excellent and his technical ability and research is brilliant. A brave book that addresses the corrupt world of art, media, football club signing and the dangerous activity surrounding religious movements.

Beachcomber's Windowsill
Beachcomber's Windowsill

5.0 out of 5 stars the more i listen the more i love it, 10 Dec. 2010
I saw Stornoway at Glastonbury this year and they are undoubtedly an excellent live band. The album is one of the best albums I have heard in the last 12 months. And I like my music...
The album grows on you each time you listen to it. Your favourite tracks change depending on what mood you are in, but you never forget the one that got you hooked. My favourite track on this album is 'Fuel Up'...