Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Topop Latest RFID Blocking Stainless Alluminum Wallet Credit Card Holder with Six Card Slots For Men & Women

5.0 out of 5 stars A useufl little credit card holder, 1 April 2016
A near credit card holder which seems reasonably robust. It has 6 pockets to hold cards. I tried doubling up on a couple and this prevented me from clipping the latch closed, but six spaces are ample for my needs. Although I initially bought it so that I could retrieve cards easily and quickly, it also has the advantage of RFID blocking.
The clip is metal and to date has worked well ( my previous aluminium one broke after a couple of weeks and I had to resort to a strong elastic band.) This was one of the cheapest steel models advertised when I bought it ( not much more expensive than the cost of delivery) and to date is has lived up to expectations.

EOn Surge Protected Energy Saver Power Down Socket w/TV Remote Sensor, 2 pieces value pack
Offered by JSP online

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cheap and convenient way of Powering Down the Television, 8 Mar. 2016
A relatively cheap and easy way to turn the television on and off at he mains using the television handset control. It's particularly useful on televisions where there is only a standby power switch on the set. The device has two secondary plug outlets, one of which switches off when the television is switched off and the other which stays live for equipment which needs to be permanently on. Installation (a one minute process) is fully covered in the instructions. Operation is also easy. The standby button on the handset is pressed twice ( with maybe a couple of seconds between presses) to switch the television on and once to switch off. The mains take a few seconds to disconnect after switching off.
I'm not sure ( in fact have no idea) how the device works internally, but I did find that although it works on the television with no problem, it didn't work on our mains radio.

The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book if you like this sort of thing., 2 Nov. 2015
I enjoyed this book but have to admit that it might not be everyone's taste as It deals with concepts which are sometimes difficult to grasp.

The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War Series Book 4)
The Kingmaker's Daughter (Cousins War Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars its a very good read and provides a different slant to the events ..., 14 Sept. 2014
As with her other novels concerning the Cousin's wars, its a very good read and provides a different slant to the events of the time.

European to UK Adapter EU to UK Plug Adaptor
European to UK Adapter EU to UK Plug Adaptor
Offered by ShaniTech

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sept. 2014
Works well, but a plug's a plug and there's not much more to say about it.

Forefront Cases® Kindle 4, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black - Black Leather Case Cover Wallet with LED Reading Light For Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Black - Sept 2012 Release + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Was bought as a gift so hasn't yet been used but first impressions are very good. The case will enclose the edges of the ..., 13 Sept. 2014
Came as advertised. This. Was bought as a gift so hasn't yet been used but first impressions are very good. The case will enclose the edges of the kindle and so should protect it from damage. The light looks fine,but again we haven't yet used it. If unforseen problems occur I'll let you know

Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker ®
Call Saint Nuisance Call Blocker ®

5.0 out of 5 stars BARRED!!, 14 July 2014
A heaven sent device which blocks unwanted calls.

Installation and set up is easy, and to date the device has worked well. The box shows the number of the caller and the call can be blocked at this stage by simply pressing a button on the box at which point the call is disconnected and the number placed in the barred number list. It is also possible to terminate and block calls which you may have answered in error, or to review a call list on the box and select numbers to bar from this, which is useful if undesirable calls are made while you're away from the phone.
The box also allows you to block all calls which do not provide a caller number.

There are other functions which allow you to bar international calls, to control outgoing calls and to bar calls from particular dialling codes( e.g 08 will bar all calls starting with08,including 0800. 0844, 0845 etc.) which I haven't yet tried out.

Please remember that you need to have call id implemented by your telephone provider for this box to work.

To date, the call barring has worked well and I would certainly recommend this device if you, like me are plagued with cold callers.

Amusements in Mathematics
Amusements in Mathematics

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun Puzzles but would be better with an update., 14 July 2014
Its a fun book, but units used in the puzzles such as £ s d, pounds and ounces etc might be a bit off putting as will the reference to old coins which have not been in circulation for many years. Ok for people like me in the later years of life, but probably might be a step to far for the decimal generation.

Good value for money ( it was free).

The Red Queen
The Red Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Red Queen (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Philipa Gregory Novel which I've read, having been led to it by the television drama based on her White Queen Novel. I found the novel to be gripping, my only complaint being that I could not put it down and so read it in a few days. I liked the fact that its historical framework was good and I enjoyed the political intrigue which eventually led to the Red Queen's son, Henry Tudor, taking the throne.

All in all a very good read.

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Familiar security, 8 Nov. 2013
I purchased the Norton package as I've used Norton before and know that it loads and runs on my machine with few problems. I looked at several options before deciding on Norton, but in nearly every case there were a number of people who had problems in loading the alternatives. As someone who uses, but has little appreciation of the working of computers, I felt I couldn't risk the possible frustrations of such problems.
Prior to purchasing this software I had been running Norton 360 for several years using automatic renewal. It was only this year that I decided to look at the alternatives and found that I could get an almost identical package for less than half the price charged by Norton directly.
It looks like purchasing a new licence every year will the way I'll go in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3