Profile for Steven McCue > Reviews

Content by Steven McCue

Steven McCue "koosk" (Glenrothes,Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
The Two Ronnies:  But First - The News! (The Best of the Two Ronnies Dialogue Book 1)
The Two Ronnies: But First - The News! (The Best of the Two Ronnies Dialogue Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy to own again., 9 Aug. 2014
When you remember a book you last owned over 30 years ago and wished you still had it...I had two books of their brilliant news items and hope that is released too.
So happy to have this again and of course it reminds me of the brilliant dead pan delivery of the Two Ronnies. If only Fiona Bruce gave us news items like this.

Jabra 2309-820-104 - JABRA BIZ 2300 DUO NOISE CANC - HEADBAND IN
Jabra 2309-820-104 - JABRA BIZ 2300 DUO NOISE CANC - HEADBAND IN
Offered by The Tech Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Compared with Jabra GN2000's, these are the bees knees., 31 July 2014
I work in a very busy and often noisy contact centre.
After a lot of very careful consideration, I decided to buy this item. I was already using the Jabra GN2000 headset and with an Avaya 4621 SW IP telephone. The sound quality of the GN2000 was very ordinary and extremely difficult to understand a customer on anything other than a crystal clear line. The sound proofing was also very poor with the result that taking calls became an extremely frustrating experience.
I bought the 2300's and these arrived from LamdaTek within a day, so fantastic turnaround in terms of delivery.
I was naturally wary that I may have made an expensive mistake,however, reviews and my eagerness to improve the situation I was having to deal with at work rather forced my hand. I had already tried other GN2000's thinking it may have been a particular set. I had swapped cables and all to no avail.

I used them for the first time today and can tell you I had absolutely no issues at all. Sound quality compared to the GN2000's is streets ahead and they are far and away more comfortable too. I wear glasses and often found the GN2000's pinned the legs of your glasses and became very uncomfortable behind the ear after a little while. Build quality is perfectly fine. They are very lightweight and the cord is a quick connect plug so you may require an adapter if hooking up to a standard "curly cable".
I no longer had to ask customer's to repeat over and over, or worse still,to call back. Any customer calling on a "dodgy line" was still clear enough to pick up and only once did I have to ask the customer to repeat something. Soundproofing from agents around me was far better than before, and I really felt my purchase worthwhile.

If like I was,you are experiencing poor quality calls where customer's sometimes sound like they are calling from a diving trip, or just muffled, or if you are constantly having to try to block out noise from colleagues, buy a set of these 2300's and you won't look back.

Lyttelton's Britain: A User's Guide to the British Isles as heard on BBC Radio's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase., 25 Jun. 2014
ANYONE who ever listened to I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue should own this. A superb collection of Lyttelton's opening comments on the poor unfortunate town or city the show was visiting.
Even if you didn't follow the show,many comments will have you rolling with laughter. A typical example refers to Belfast being awarded European City of Commerce status for its services to the balaclava industry.

ICEPLANE Twin Bladed Car Ice Scraper
ICEPLANE Twin Bladed Car Ice Scraper
Offered by ICEPLANE

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure..., 25 Jun. 2014
This came with absolutely rave reviews where we'd believe this was the future of ice scrapers. Not long after using this, it was clear the plastic blade isn't any better than a bog-standard scraper bought anywhere. I have used it on ice that wouldn't be any more challenging than usual and can't say I'm overwhelmed at all.

SPIGEN SGP Case Crumena Leather Pouch for Samsung Galaxy S4 Black
SPIGEN SGP Case Crumena Leather Pouch for Samsung Galaxy S4 Black
Offered by Spigen UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality., 25 Jun. 2014
Had this case for nearly a year and it's as good as new. Beautiful quality product. Simple and classy looking.

A4 Deluxe Landscape Binder in Black
A4 Deluxe Landscape Binder in Black
Offered by Family Tree Folk

5.0 out of 5 stars A4 Landscape Binder? They DO exist., 25 Jun. 2014
Solid quality binder delivered very quickly from Family Tree Folk. I use this for storage of scripting and together with the top quality landscape pockets,I thoroughly recommend. You CAN buy dividers, however you need to go to the Family Tree Folk website.

Enigma Heavy Duty Acid Free Archival Safe A4 Landscape Pockets for Ring Binder Albums - 25 pack
Offered by Family Tree Folk

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 25 Jun. 2014
A picture on a website doesn't do these justice. They are by far and away the best quality pockets I have ever used. Naturally I'd expect the same if they were the traditional A4 portrait version.
For once,the margin for clipping into the binder itself is sturdy and likely to last for years and the crystal clear pocket is superb.

CushCase Nexus 7 Sleeve Case Cover for New Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet 2013 (Waterproof) - Black Canvas
Offered by CushCase

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Dec. 2013
For a simple,no nonsense cover,this is perfect.Plenty protective padding and your Nexus will fit perfectly.If you don't need credit card pockets/leather business look/trendy bright colours and all those other gimmicks,this does the job.
I would also recommend CushCase in terms of delivery. I ordered late,expecting post-Christmas delivery,and they arrived Christmas Eve.

EcoAir DD122FW-MK5 Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier with Ioniser and Silver Filter, 7 L - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the outlay..., 18 Nov. 2012
Ask yourself,how many people go around thinking "I must look into buying a dehumidifier"? How many people will suffer condensation and blame all sorts rather than look for the solution?
Before I review this item allow me to give you an idea what this unit is covering. We live in a three bedroom semi-detached house with double glazing. No children/pets.Eco-air reckon this size unit is ideal for a three bedroom house and on that basis I bought one.
The main problem we had was high humidity upstairs in the main bedroom while we slept and of course,the bathroom. During the Winter when the windows are closed,the condensation was bad and when sleeping you could feel the damp and as a result didn't sleep well at all.There would be the occasional mould patch near the windows as well.
We also noticed that by simply cooking in the kitchen downstairs and even with a cracked-open window,the upstairs windows would attract the humidity and needed continual wiping to stop water collecting on the sills.
The Eco-air unit has been a revelation and to the point where I am taken aback by its performance. It has many settings available though I feel the clothes drying function will be an option we'll hardly ever use.
During the day I run the unit on Economy mode that will trigger automatically to High if the humidity raises too much.It never has. At night I run the machine on High and in terms of noise levels,let me tell you, I'm a light sleeper but I have become used to it very quickly.
I also bought the TFA Humidity Meter to monitor the units performance and in a typical week,it has brought the relative humidity down from what was on average 75-77% to 59-62% in the main bedroom when checked first thing in the morning.Elsewhere,the levels are in the low 50's.
Not a huge difference you may reckon in the bedroom but let me tell you the actual difference is incredible.
None of the upstairs windows show any condensation what-so-ever,the bedding feels as crisp as it was when fitted and as a result,I'm sleeping much better than ever. When I'm about to go to work I empty the tank and this is where you notice exactly why you bought this thing in the first place.
The machine running on Economy during the day has hardly drawn a drip of condensation...which of course is good, but when run through the night on High for approximately 8 hours,the tank has taken between 500 and as much as 900ml of water out of the air. Go put that in your measuring jug and see if this is going to be the answer to your prayers. Just now it's averaging 680ml per night.
Cost to run? Well as it's going to run on High for 8 hours,this is always going to be the most 'expensive'. It used 4.3kWh and this calculated to 7p per hour to run.
This is where the other benefit of the dehumidifier comes into play. So it costs 56p per night to run but it exchanges the damp air and sends out warm air through it's fan therefore heating the rooms too so I've been able to reduce the gas used through the central heating.
The De-Ioniser is interesting because to my mind the air feels crisp and healthier though I don't know how much of this is 'In the mind'.
Summing up then,I feel that for general household use and especially during the Winter if you're experiencing damp,condensation,unhealthy conditions this unit is the answer to your prayers and a no-brainer.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2013 11:29 AM GMT

Jacob Jensen 24 Hour Digital Alarm Clock - Black/Silver
Jacob Jensen 24 Hour Digital Alarm Clock - Black/Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this rubbish!, 22 May 2011
For the record,my mother bought this ten years ago(receipt inside instruction booklet) and gave this thing away to me the other day.
This is the kind of item people who buy Bang & Olufsen and Alessi would salivate over. "It's Danish","It's Jacob Jensen" you'll hear them say. "It's absolute rubbish" those who can see past style over substance will advise.

If you bought this item in a pound shop described as 'Made In China',you'd have thrown it in the bucket the day you bought it,but NO,"It's designer" so you just couldn't could you?

As has been mentioned already,the display is a joke. You will forever look at it and think "this thing needs a battery",it's so dark.Even pressing the backlight will have you wondering.
The picture showing a clear display is a con and anyone who DID buy this should not only demand a refund,but get in touch with Jacob Jensen regarding false advertising.

Does it have anything going for it? It can be wall mounted so you can look at it like your Bang & Olufsen and say "WOW,doesn't that look beautiful"? but just like your Bang & Olufsen,it fails to merit the outlay when being used to serve its actual purpose.

AVOID!