Profile for Jack > Reviews

Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Moto G 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - Black
Price: 119.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good with a few shortcomings, 24 July 2014
This is my first smartphone so nothing to compare it with and it was a bit of a leap in the dark. But it suits my needs. Had it a few months now and no problems at all.
Screen is marvellous and clear, the system runs very quickly and the battery life is brilliant (I am a moderate user) and I can get 2 days out one charge generally.
The sound is very very good for a phone.
Price was excellent and I love that it is not tied in to a contract so I could choose a package myself.

Negatives..
As others have noted, the camera is not top notch, but perfectly good I think for photos on-the-go. If I need top quality pics I always take my digital camera anyway.

The lack of SD card is not a problem for me as I'm not app happy and I still have plenty of space left after downloading a fair few apps that I really wanted, but may be for some.
Battery that cannot be replaced is a concern as I suppose if the battery packs up the phone is a write off.

Overall it is good for me.

2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 45kg
2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 45kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Cosy and comfy., 24 July 2014
I was very surprised at how good and comfortable this is. I had bought a new bed but it was a bit too firm and made my shoulder a bit achy and the odd numb arm in the middle of the night. This has solved the problem and really helped with my dodgy sore hip problem. It has been a hot summer but I haven't noticed it making me overly hot.
Fits the bed nicely and good thing I had extra deep fitted sheets otherwise I would have had to buy some to accommodate the extra thickness.
I've had a memory foam mattress before and the first thing you notice is that the foam looks and feels completely different. The topper is much less dense. I was worried it would crease and crush easily but I have had it a couple of months and seems to be holding up well so far.
Good for me.

Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen (Decca Collectors Edition)
Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen (Decca Collectors Edition)
Price: 34.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 24 July 2014
The best ever Ring Cycle. I can't praise it enough. Such a fine cast of singers. One of the great pleasures in life.
Great great price too!

Sony KDL32R433 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready Television with Freeview - Black
Sony KDL32R433 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready Television with Freeview - Black
Price: 249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 24 July 2014
I bought this for my brother so this reivew is from him.

He says it is excellent and meets all their needs and is very easy to use. Very lightweight and sleek looking. As he has a hearing problem it was essential to have a TV with good sound and he says the sound on this is excellent.

Acer TravelMate P253-M 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 7 Pro)
Price: 443.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but poor speaker, 24 July 2014
I've had this for a couple of months now. Had an Acer before which is still going strong after about 6 years ownership but needed another laptop and wanted Windows 7 (thank goodness you can still buy a laptop with Win7 and not that dire excuse for an OS Win8 the worst OS in the universe!)
I think this is an excellent bit of kit. Very lightweight, keyboard clear and easy to use, good screen (with anti glare). Very good and quick processor. And Windows7 !!!!

NOTE before buying: The only fault I find with this is the sound, the speaker is very tinny sounding and the highest volume is not loud enough.
Such a simple and cheap thing that Acer have got very wrong with this laptop, a great pity. If you just need it for everyday sounds I would recommend it, however, if you want to listen to music/videos or anything streaming I would look elsewhere for something with good sound. Pity as my old Acer has a brilliant in-built speaker system. The speaker on this one though is, as I say, pretty poor.

Philex - 27741 -  Indoor DAB Aerial
Philex - 27741 - Indoor DAB Aerial
Price: 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good., 24 July 2014
I live in a poor DAB reception area and this (after quite a bit of fiddling I admit to find the best spot possible) have vastly improved my DAB reception. Well worth the tenner!

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Price: 11.19 - 34.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 July 2014
My first ever pair of goggles. Never had to wear them before but found that swimming pool water was really irritating my eyes every time I went swimming - are they putting more chemicals in the water, or just more chlorine? Anyway, these are excellent and my eyes don't bother me anymore.

Motorola Moto G - Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth (Black)
Offered by Aventus
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This is adequate but it is NOT leather. It ..., 24 July 2014
This is adequate but it is NOT leather. It is plastic and is rather smelly for the first few weeks.
If this had been advertised as faux-leather I would have given it a 5 star just for the cheapy price. But the listing description is totally misleading which is not on.

Pioneer X-HM11DAB-K CD Receiver System with DAB/DAB+, FM Tuner and USB - Black
Pioneer X-HM11DAB-K CD Receiver System with DAB/DAB+, FM Tuner and USB - Black
Price: 113.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, shockingly bad DAB radio, 24 July 2014
i have had a lot of trouble posting a review for this, unusal as it is normally straightforward. I shall keep it brief.
Build quality and sound is very good for a small system and it looks nice. CD sound is good.

BUT BEWARE
The radio both FM and DAB are very poor. The signal is very variable (despite I have bought a special DAB ariel it makes no difference). I think the tuner is generally of bad quality. I have tried everything to get a good and relibale signal on DAB, but no. I initially gave a goodish review because initially it seemed a reasonable signal but every time the DAB is selected it is almost always NO SIGNAL. On the odd occasion it works ok. But I just want to listen to the radio not retune and spend hours fiddling with the aerial and scanning.

Avoid. I would send mine back but packaging was accidently sent to recycling.

Mod Podge Matte 16oz : 473ml : Decoupage Glue and Finish
Mod Podge Matte 16oz : 473ml : Decoupage Glue and Finish
Offered by Guru Solutions Ltd
Price: 7.11

1.0 out of 5 stars extortionate price for basic PVA, 21 Dec 2013
For crafting etc. just buy PVA glue (you can buy it for about 10 for 3.5 litres at BandQ or Wickes) and slightly water it down if necessary. Mod Podge is a major rip off as I found to my error and waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5