Profile for Grant Milburn > Reviews

Content by Grant Milburn

Grant Milburn "Grant Milburn" (Harrogate, England)

The Nonsense of Free Will: Facing up to a false belief
The Nonsense of Free Will: Facing up to a false belief

5.0 out of 5 stars Make time to read this book, 9 Jun. 2015
A very clear and fair account of the problems associated with the concept of free will. Whatever your views are before reading you will be much better informed after finishing this book.

A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy
A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting alternative to hedonism, 30 Oct. 2013
Very clear and informative writing.

It hit the spot with me. I am a 55 year old man coming to terms with losing someone dear to me and living on my own. I found the ideas in this book heartening and inspiring.

Bravo Mr. Irvine. You have written an excellent book.

Thinking for a Living: Creating Ideas That Revitalize Your Business, Career, and Life
by Joey Reiman

1.0 out of 5 stars Joey Reiman is a great player but a poor coach., 18 Jan. 2000
Mr Reiman urges us to "think for a living" but he does not tell us HOW to "think for a living". He tells us about his own profitable ideas but does not show us how to create ideas for ourselves. Mr Reiman is a brilliant player of the game of business but a poor coach. I found the book uninformative and uninspiring.