Profile for P.Rox > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lurch Spirali 10203 Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream
Lurch Spirali 10203 Vegetable Spiralizer Green/Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars The zucchini spirals are fun to make and with a light toss in olive ..., 16 Aug. 2015
We've just begun using it for a low-carb diet we are following. The zucchini spirals are fun to make and with a light toss in olive oil, garlic powder, salt and some roasted cumin - it's makes for a fab spaghetti substitute.
The product is good, solid. The blades are sharp but we like the handy slots for it in the product. It's easy to clean and store.

OXO Good Grips New Little Salad and Herb Spinner
OXO Good Grips New Little Salad and Herb Spinner

5.0 out of 5 stars We love how easy it has become to wash and rinse ..., 16 Aug. 2015
We love how easy it has become to wash and rinse salad without having to eat soggy lettuce. Great design, fun to use and holds a good amount of salad.

Philips BRT383/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer
Philips BRT383/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and a great design., 16 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
According to my wife - this product has been easy to use and with a great compact design. The 5mm works better than the 3mm or the 0mm. The handy pouch and cleaner makes it a nice, discreet product to take with you when travelling.

Pest Repeller targets Mice, Rats & Insects for Large House
Pest Repeller targets Mice, Rats & Insects for Large House

4.0 out of 5 stars NO more cockroaches!, 15 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We had a pest stopper but found that we were still getting cockroaches in our home in India. Having installed this one, I've not come across any more cockroaches so I'm happy!

Philips GC4520/30 Azur Performer Steam Iron - 190g Steam Boost, 2600 Watt
Philips GC4520/30 Azur Performer Steam Iron - 190g Steam Boost, 2600 Watt

4.0 out of 5 stars Potential to save my life!, 10 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have had a good iron that works well - until recently when I wanted to iron a silk dress for my wife (why a woman would trust a man to iron a silk dress is a whole different discussion). Anyway the iron i was using didn't like being on a low setting and because I had forgotten to switch off the steam, it leaked along with some limescale, which could have ruined a very expensive and pretty dress.

I got this as it has a reminder to clean out the limescale on a regular basis and makes it very easy to do so. this means that the chances of me being killed for ruining a silk dress are drastically reduced. And for that alone it is worth the money :)

Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch and Activity Tracker
Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch and Activity Tracker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 7 May 2015
I researched high and low for an activity tracker.

Initially considered UP24 by Jawbone but people mentioned it wasn't particularly comfortable and snagged a lot on clothes and laptops etc. Also, wasn't waterproof and I go swimming most days.

I looked at the Misfit shine - too many complaints of the Misfit falling out of the rather cheap and nasty wrist band. too risky but if you're willing to take that risk, it is excellent as it is waterproof, and battery life is excellent. There is a leather band option but that still wouldn't suffice for my regular swimming.

I looked at the Fitbit Flex/Charge HR as well. Again, they were stated as being water reistant rather than waterproof.

I hadn't actually researched the Withings - i happened to see it at Heathrow Airport and quickly did some research and saw that it had received some very excellent reviews. I took a chance and bought it and so far I am very pleased.

pros
- it functions as a watch which has looks that are suitable for both formal and fun occasions. The fun aspect can be multiplied by purchasing the spare straps which can easily be swapped to add colour (I bought the black).
- it was really easy to set up and sync with the mobile app
- the mobile app is very simple to use and even though I had tried the Jawbone app, which gets very positive reviews, I actually find this very easy to use and easy to check data. There are limitations i.e it doesn't have the option to add food or water (which really didn't bother me).
- The analog step tracker is all you need to know to check how you are progressing throughhout the day, with the app providing you with the details when you want it.
- the battery life!!!!!! 8 months is massive. I really did NOT want a fitness tracker that needed charging every few days!! This is a big big seller for me.
- fully waterproof (unless you're a deep-sea diver!). Again, this is a big thing for me as a I swim often. I recently emailed the Withing SUpport team who responded in less than 48 hours to tell me that the swim tracking would be updated by the end of May 2015.
- The quality of the product, despite the significant drop in price compared to the non-POP version, is still high. The rubber band feels strong and durable, it has a metal clasp, not a cheap plastic one.
- sleep tracking seems pretty accurate
- step tracking - i'm still working that out as compared to my mobile phone but I think it is reasonably accurate and to be fair, fundamentally it doesn't really matter so long as the measurement is consistent and you are hitting your goals.
- can adjust the number of steps per day as your goal
- can add heart rate, blood pressure and fat mass stats.

cons
- not many people have withings compared to the other options so social challenges are less
- the silent alarm is actually silent. I never feel it except during the day. So I wouldn't expect it to wake you up.

Boxfresh Stern, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Blue 11 UK (45 EU)
Boxfresh Stern, Men's Low-Top Sneakers, Blue 11 UK (45 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Understated style. Nice., 29 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I read some reviews about the sizes of the shoe and given I have wide feet, i opted for the size 11. There is definitely plenty of space between my toe and the shoe but that's primarily around the shape of the shoe because I have other shoes that are just as long as these and are fine.

The quality, as is mentioned numerous times is excellent for sure. They are understated, which I really like, the colour is lovely and the touch of leather is excellent.

They're comfortable to wear too.

Custom-made Kids customisable England T-shirt, Extra Large, Red
Custom-made Kids customisable England T-shirt, Extra Large, Red
Offered by Print Me A Shirt Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, service and value, 10 April 2015
My nephew totally loved that this had his name and age on the back. The service was excellent and the quality is good. Do remember that this is NOT a football shirt but a normal cotton shirt. So a hardcore fan may not be so impressed.

Other than that, it's good value!

Hot Wheels Builder Starter Set
Hot Wheels Builder Starter Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 10 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is fantastic for the imagination. My son has a number of hot wheels sets ranging from wall ones, to garages and so on. however, this one is great because it really adds to all the others, plus unlike the mechanised sets, this one requires him to actually move the cars, put them where he wants rather than just watching them going round and round after her presses a button!

As with all things hot wheels, the quality is great and it provides hours of fun.

Brady Toops
Brady Toops

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 1 April 2015
This review is from: Brady Toops (MP3 Download)
TOtally love this album. If you're a fan of mellow Bruce Springsteen, songs that are all about the heart then you'll love this album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20