Profile for Peter R > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Withings Activité Pop Smart Watch - Activity and Sleep Tracker - Shark Grey
Withings Activité Pop Smart Watch - Activity and Sleep Tracker - Shark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money!, 7 May 2015
I researched high and low for an activity tracker.

Initially considered UP24 by Jawbone but people mentioned it wasn't particularly comfortable and snagged a lot on clothes and laptops etc. Also, wasn't waterproof and I go swimming most days.

I looked at the Misfit shine - too many complaints of the Misfit falling out of the rather cheap and nasty wrist band. too risky but if you're willing to take that risk, it is excellent as it is waterproof, and battery life is excellent. There is a leather band option but that still wouldn't suffice for my regular swimming.

I looked at the Fitbit Flex/Charge HR as well. Again, they were stated as being water reistant rather than waterproof.

I hadn't actually researched the Withings - i happened to see it at Heathrow Airport and quickly did some research and saw that it had received some very excellent reviews. I took a chance and bought it and so far I am very pleased.

pros
- it functions as a watch which has looks that are suitable for both formal and fun occasions. The fun aspect can be multiplied by purchasing the spare straps which can easily be swapped to add colour (I bought the black).
- it was really easy to set up and sync with the mobile app
- the mobile app is very simple to use and even though I had tried the Jawbone app, which gets very positive reviews, I actually find this very easy to use and easy to check data. There are limitations i.e it doesn't have the option to add food or water (which really didn't bother me).
- The analog step tracker is all you need to know to check how you are progressing throughhout the day, with the app providing you with the details when you want it.
- the battery life!!!!!! 8 months is massive. I really did NOT want a fitness tracker that needed charging every few days!! This is a big big seller for me.
- fully waterproof (unless you're a deep-sea diver!). Again, this is a big thing for me as a I swim often. I recently emailed the Withing SUpport team who responded in less than 48 hours to tell me that the swim tracking would be updated by the end of May 2015.
- The quality of the product, despite the significant drop in price compared to the non-POP version, is still high. The rubber band feels strong and durable, it has a metal clasp, not a cheap plastic one.
- sleep tracking seems pretty accurate
- step tracking - i'm still working that out as compared to my mobile phone but I think it is reasonably accurate and to be fair, fundamentally it doesn't really matter so long as the measurement is consistent and you are hitting your goals.
- can adjust the number of steps per day as your goal
- can add heart rate, blood pressure and fat mass stats.

cons
- not many people have withings compared to the other options so social challenges are less
- the silent alarm is actually silent. I never feel it except during the day. So I wouldn't expect it to wake you up.

Boxfresh Stern, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy/White), 11 UK (45 EU)
Boxfresh Stern, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy/White), 11 UK (45 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Understated style. Nice., 29 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I read some reviews about the sizes of the shoe and given I have wide feet, i opted for the size 11. There is definitely plenty of space between my toe and the shoe but that's primarily around the shape of the shoe because I have other shoes that are just as long as these and are fine.

The quality, as is mentioned numerous times is excellent for sure. They are understated, which I really like, the colour is lovely and the touch of leather is excellent.

They're comfortable to wear too.

Custom-made Kids customisable England T-shirt, Extra Large, Red
Custom-made Kids customisable England T-shirt, Extra Large, Red
Offered by Print Me A Shirt Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, service and value, 10 April 2015
My nephew totally loved that this had his name and age on the back. The service was excellent and the quality is good. Do remember that this is NOT a football shirt but a normal cotton shirt. So a hardcore fan may not be so impressed.

Other than that, it's good value!

Hot Wheels Builder Starter Set
Hot Wheels Builder Starter Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 10 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is fantastic for the imagination. My son has a number of hot wheels sets ranging from wall ones, to garages and so on. however, this one is great because it really adds to all the others, plus unlike the mechanised sets, this one requires him to actually move the cars, put them where he wants rather than just watching them going round and round after her presses a button!

As with all things hot wheels, the quality is great and it provides hours of fun.

Brady Toops
Brady Toops

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 1 April 2015
This review is from: Brady Toops (MP3 Download)
TOtally love this album. If you're a fan of mellow Bruce Springsteen, songs that are all about the heart then you'll love this album.

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Intuitive and helpful, 9 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used Xero online for a while now for one of my businesses as the benefit of it being online was required.

However, I had used Quickbooks in the past when it was loaded onto PC's. With the opportunity to use Quickbooks online, I found this particularly attractive.

This was pretty easy to set up in terms of getting started, however, tweaking it for your business does require a little bit of effort.

I've not used all the features but the basics of being able to input expenses, send out nice-looking invoices and everything else that is required to run a small business work really well..

The whole package is really intuitive so even if you've never used an accounting system in the past you will find it really easy to get going with this. You will also find the graphic representatives of your accounts extremely helpful to get a quick overview of where you stand.

Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set
Micro Scalextric 1:64 Scale My First Racing Set
Offered by Gaugemaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun., 9 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a simple track but for my 4 year old, who totally loves cars (and dinosaurs) this was super exciting for him. He absolutely loves this track and the cars. Of course, there is a limitation due to the fact that it is only a figure of 8 track and but as a first scalextric it's a good start.

It was simple enough to set up and the cars function without an issues.

Mousetrap Elefun & Friends   Board Game
Mousetrap Elefun & Friends Board Game
Offered by a1 Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, much fun., 9 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What fun this was for a group of 4 year olds! It took a brief while to set it up and away they went.

The quality of this is excellent and will survive a little bit of knocking around (which my 1 year old decided to test!).

It's a fun game and will provide plenty of entertainment. As with all things with small balls the key is to making sure the balls don't get lost!

definitely recommended.

LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational and good quality build, 8 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 4 year and when it arrived felt that he was a bit old for these. However, he actually really likes them and is regularly playing with the various letters.

Cons -

- obviously the letters aren't small and so with the full alphabet will take up a lot of space on your fridge.
- the actual sound made by the bus is not particularly clear so your child isn't going to learn their alphabet JUST from this.

Pros

- the alphabets themselves are well made and the whole thing is of good quality
- if your child likes to be with you in the kitchen when you cook then this will keep them occupied for a while
- suitable for 2+ and even my 4 year old likes it and soon can start to spell out words using the alphabets.
- my 1 year old will stand next to my 4 year and bop along to the music!

Hope that helps

PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
Offered by Primrose

4.0 out of 5 stars We had a rat come to our flat a little ..., 8 Oct. 2014
We had a rat come to our flat a little while ago. We managed to get rid of it eventually and have since then installed this and no longer have a rat issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20