Profile for Peter R > Reviews

Content by Peter R
Top Reviewer Ranking: 755

Peter R (Dorset, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational and good quality build, 8 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 4 year and when it arrived felt that he was a bit old for these. However, he actually really likes them and is regularly playing with the various letters.

Cons -

- obviously the letters aren't small and so with the full alphabet will take up a lot of space on your fridge.
- the actual sound made by the bus is not particularly clear so your child isn't going to learn their alphabet JUST from this.

Pros

- the alphabets themselves are well made and the whole thing is of good quality
- if your child likes to be with you in the kitchen when you cook then this will keep them occupied for a while
- suitable for 2+ and even my 4 year old likes it and soon can start to spell out words using the alphabets.
- my 1 year old will stand next to my 4 year and bop along to the music!

Hope that helps

PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
PestBye Advanced Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller
Offered by Primrose

4.0 out of 5 stars We had a rat come to our flat a little ..., 8 Oct 2014
We had a rat come to our flat a little while ago. We managed to get rid of it eventually and have since then installed this and no longer have a rat issue.

Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets
Mark and Chappell Ltd Vet IQ Flea Guard, 90 Tablets

3.0 out of 5 stars Works though additional benefits are hard to quantify, 8 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A simple way to manage fleas on your dog. The benefits claimed are significant but I can't really tell whether the coat is any shinier etc! Key thing is that my lab has no fleas despite being friendly with a dog that I know that does.

Hot Wheels Super Looper Track Set
Hot Wheels Super Looper Track Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Noisy but fun!, 8 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
GOt this for my four year old and he's completely sold!

First thing to note before you buy is to make sure you have enough wall space available to put this up! It suggests 4 feet by 4 feet and you wouldn't be amiss. I had to rearrange our kids room to put this up.

If you follow the instructions that are in multiple languages, it is reasonably easy to set up and get right. You do need to set aside a good 30 minutes plus to do this.

Also, the batteries required don't come with the box so make sure you buy those before you decide to set it up or you will have a very disappointed child!

The other thing to be aware that this is NOISY! We've had another wall track and it wasn't quite as noisy as this one. This is noisy because of the booster motor and the cars going so fast round the track.

This is the odd thing... you can barely see the cars travelling they are so fast. Yet my son loves it and he disappeared into his room for a good long while!

It isn't easy to have more than one car going at a time but I suppose the hope of them crashing is part of the fun!

It isn't cheap but my boy loves and I don't think it will become stale too soon!

Hope that helps.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is., 8 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my son who is 4 and a bit. I've always struggled with feeling like I've done a good job at brushing his teeth and felt this could help.

First impressions - it is bigger than imagined, particularly being for children. I have an electric toothbrush and this is bigger than mine!

Initially my son wasn't too impressed, however the option of four stickers definitely helped to make it 'his' so I really like that. THere is a choice between surfer dude, princess and two generic water/ocean stickers.

The noise it makes isn't loud enough to scare the children, which is good.

It seems to barely vibrate, so it wont do anywhere near as much cleaning and as adult electric toothbrhush. Also, because he keeps pulling it out of his mouth, the vibration means that it sometimes sprays a few dots of toothpaste everywhere e.g. I came to work this morning with some toothpaste spray on my trousers!

VALUE FOR MONEY

Is it value for money? I would say definitely not. If I were you, I would buy the cheaper electric toothbrushes that you get in boots. They are smaller, cheaper and I suspect, given what this one does, just as effective. I bought an adult electric toothbrush that is much more effective, smaller and half the price!

Hope that helps.

Philips Disney Princess Children's Night Light and Projector - 1 x 0.1 W Integrated LED

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice nightlight., 1 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had bought one of the Philips disney lights a while ago thinking it would be a nice night light. However, it was far too bright to keep on during the night.

This, on the other hand isn't too bright to have as a night light and it the changeable picture helps send daughter off into a sleep with sweet princess dreams!

As other reviews have mentioned, the down side is it requires batteries rather than plugging into mains, which is a silly oversight on the part of the manufacturer.

Melissa & Doug Ballerina Costume
Melissa & Doug Ballerina Costume

4.0 out of 5 stars my 6 year old niece aboslutely loved it. The shoes are of a decent quality ..., 18 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's fair to say that as a 36 year old man, I haven't tried this on myself. However, my 6 year old niece aboslutely loved it. The shoes are of a decent quality as is the full outfit.

My niece is a petite 6 year old and this only just fit her so I would recommend that you only buy for ages 3 -5, not 3-6 as advertised.

Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Definitely worth paying the extra for the thin feel.

Ambi Toys Dazzle Ball
Ambi Toys Dazzle Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Ambi Toys Dazzle Ball (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little toy for our little girl who forever needs entertaining. Each of the rings come apart and makes a different noise. She likes working her way through the various sounds. It's easy for her to hold and play with. Our little girl can be quite hard to keep entertained and this provides for good stimulation for her. it's well made and is of a good quality.

The A-list Family
The A-list Family
by Christina Hopkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the summer!, 17 July 2014
This review is from: The A-list Family (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great for a summer read. It's quick and entertaining. Good book for the beach. It's well written and moves at a decent pace.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20