Profile for Peter R > Reviews

Content by Peter R
Top Reviewer Ranking: 713

Peter R (Dorset, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Final Audio Design Adagio III Headphones - Black
Final Audio Design Adagio III Headphones - Black
Price: 60.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Ace of Bass, 27 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Showing my age with the review title.

I've been searching for some decent earphones for a while as the stock earphones with mobile phones are generally quite rubbish and my wife won't let me use her apple ones!

COMFORT
These are actually really good in-ear buds - most of the ones i've tried in the past have been uncomfortable or just make the whole world really muffled and just don't stay in my ears properly. These were pleasantly comfortable. It comes with three different size of 'buds' so that you can adjust to what is most comfortable for you. If you're usually averse to in-ear phones then I would still recommend giving these a try as they are much more comfortable than any others I've tried.

SOUND
As the title of the review suggests, these handle bass beautifully. It isn't a 'muffled' or 'scratchy' bass but really clear and tight. Neither do these overwhelm the higher tones. However, if your main music is rock, folk or anything other than hip-hop, rap, dance or anything that really loves bass, I would stay away. Why? Well, even with the equaliser adjusted, I still found that the bass came through stronger than I would like.

Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Sterilisation Bags
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy product while travelling, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Peter's wife reviewing this product. As a breastfeeding mum, I don't have many things to sterilise at the moment except for dummies/pacifiers. The size of the bags feel quite big for just a 2-3 pacifiers but then I can see how they would be useful if people use them to sterilise things like breast pumps. It is handy to have something I can just quickly pop in the microwave for 3 minutes and know that the pacifiers will be safe for my child to use when it has cooled down.
The quality of the bags feel strong and the instructions are not difficult to follow. The bags are particularly great for travel and there is no need to lug a massive steriliser around.
All in all a good product.

Remington B95T53 Kerartin Therapy Round Brush
Remington B95T53 Kerartin Therapy Round Brush
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for volume and speed, 21 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Peter's wife writing this review. I have really big, frizzy hair and I have tried lots of hair brushes and products. I am really pleased with this brush as the ceramic round head gets quite hot while blow drying and dries my thick hair quicker. As a mum of a 3-year-old and a 1-month-old I honestly don't have the time to be fiddling with my hair and this brush gets the job done quickly. It's great to create volume too, particularly at the crown.

Philips Disney Cars LivingColours Micro Mood Lamp - 1 x 4.7 W Integrated LED
Philips Disney Cars LivingColours Micro Mood Lamp - 1 x 4.7 W Integrated LED
Offered by Discount outlet
Price: 23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but probably only for kids 6 and above, 20 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The livingcolours series is quite a nice touch to a modern living room - I like the fact that you can set it to swim through the different colours or you can adjust the colour based on your mood. They're great for parties or just for a romantic night in.

But then Philips go and stick Cars all over it and sell it for children. Marketing genius. And yes, I fell for it.

My son (3.5 years) is currently obsessed with Cars so he was initially very excited with this and I thought it would be nice in his room. However, as another reviewer has mentioned, it is far far too bright to be a night light and sadly, for all its fanciness, Philips has not included the ability to adjust the brightness!

If it is not a nightlight then the only other purpose for its use for children is maybe when they are a bit older 5 - 6 and they play 'houses' or they make dens and they want their rooms to fit in with their imagination. My son isn't at that place yet and so this lives in our bedroom. I'll say no more.

Hope that helps :)

NUK Multi Drying Rack System for Baby Bottles (White/ Grey)
NUK Multi Drying Rack System for Baby Bottles (White/ Grey)
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy but not necessarily space-saving, 20 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having just had a new baby, this has come in particularly handy. With our first child, we had the bottles all lined up and the spoons and so on mixed in with all the other cutlery. It wasn't an ideal situation.

This multi-drying rack, however, provides a nice solution for all things baby - you can keep them separately from everything else.

It is easy to set up from the box - took me about 3 minutes.

One thing you will notice as soon as you set it up is that the base is actually quite large - this is going to need it's own dedicated drying space in your kitchen. It is not going to dry with the rest of your dishes - particularly if you use a drying rack. We use this on the kitchen window sill.

If you want something to help keep all things baby separate then this is great, however, it isn't necessarily a 'space-saving' device.

hope that helps

Philips Shaver Series 7000, Wet and Dry Shaver with Clean and Charge System RQ1197/22
Price: 140.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for travel, 1 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used the Remington F7790 Comfort 360 Foil Shaver for a while and decided it was time to try something new.

First thing I noticed was that this was lighter than the Remington - which when you travel quite a bit with budget airlines always helps! It's also a little less bulky and the travel pouch is considerably better quality than that of the Remington (you would given the price difference!).

The cleaning system is definitely for the lazy ones of us, although I would like to hope that for the money it was doing a bit more than what a couple of seconds under the tap does.

Finally, in regards to shave, it is important to not apply too much pressure and follow the instructions for rotational movement. HOwever, I would still say that my Mach 3 still gives a closer shave than this. Having said that, the chances of getting cut with the Philips are significantly reduced so when going for an important meeting, it is still my preferred choice! I still find shaving my moustache a little bit awkward with the circular blades as compared to the foils of the Remington but other than that this is great.

If you're used to electric shavers then this is definitely one of the best you will get. If you're look at moving to an electric shaver then the jump in price from a Mach 3 (even if you added the cost of blades for a year) will still be quite a bit and I'm still not sure the benefits are worth it.

HOwever, if you need to shave on a regular basis for business meetings and want to know that you aren't going to turn up with blood splotches on your face each time... this is definitely worth investing in.

Hope that helps.

IronKey D80 4GB Hardware Encrypted USB
IronKey D80 4GB Hardware Encrypted USB
Price: 29.38

3.0 out of 5 stars CHeaper options available, 1 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The propensity for USB sticks to go missing, get picked up by somebody else and so on means that data on it is not safe - unless you can password protect and encrypt the data.

And that's where this comes in. It works well on my Macbook Pro - plug it in, click the application icon (after a quick scan of the user manual) and then type in a password. It forces you to choose one that is over 6 characters long and has upper case, lower case, numbers and special characters in it.

Each time you plug it in, you are required to enter the password to unlock. Then when you are done, you click 'lock' and eject and away you go safe in the knowledge that should you lose the stick or should someone else get hold of it, they can't access the data easily.

Depending how 'top secret' the data needs to be, the downside is that after 6 wrong attempts at the password it will wipe the stick clean. So whatever you do, do NOT forget the password!

I transferred a file of photographs (213MB) and it took just about 30 seconds to transfer, so not too bad from a time perspective.

I've only given it 3 stars because you can buy this - Integral Courier 197 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive with 256-Bit Hardware Encryption for considerably less and it has lots of positive reviews too.

I can't think of anything that would make this work the additional 12.

Kitchen Craft Heavy Duty Oven Gloves
Kitchen Craft Heavy Duty Oven Gloves
Price: 6.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but show spills!, 18 Oct 2013
These are plain and simple but it means that any spills show up really easily.

Also, they aren't quite as thick as one might expect - a hot lasagne dish will still come through the gloves.

The Original McKenzie Lumbar Roll - D-Shaped (Packaging Varies)
The Original McKenzie Lumbar Roll - D-Shaped (Packaging Varies)
Offered by Mobility Choices
Price: 15.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Even if you don't have a back problem!, 18 Oct 2013
I've had a niggly back for years and despite spending 100's a year on chiro treatment the weakness still continued.

I finally bought this and it has helped considerably - I'm not saying this is going to be the only thing you need to solve your bad back, but this is an excellent starting point. it just helps you sit up properly and support your lumbar whether you are driving or sitting etc.

If you sit for a job, I would highly recommend this - most 'ergonomic' chairs aren't actually that helpful!

To start off with you might find it is too big but don't give up, it does squash down eventually and I'm sure you will find benefit.

Hope that helps

Brooks Mens Adrenaline GTS 13 M Running Shoes 1101291D420 Obsidian/Brilliant Blue/Dark Navy/White/Black 10 UK, 45 EU, 11 US Regular

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but would recommend Mizuno, 18 Oct 2013
I was aiming to go from couch to 10k and looked to get shoes which were suitable for my rather flat, over-pronating feet.

These were recommended after having my running analysed. And although they have had lots of good reviews here on Amazon, i didn't find them particularly comfortable.

I returned them and then using Mizuno's own web-based analysis of my feet chose the MIZUNO Wave Inspire 9 Men's Running Shoes

Compared to the Mizuno's these are noticeably heavier. The other thing is that these have the standard grey 'special needs' bit on the inside of the foot showing that these are stabiliy shoes. The mizuno's thankfully don't which for me is a real bonus because they look just like normal trainers!

I have slightly wider feet (only slightly) and the Brooks didnt' quite accomodate which is why I felt they weren't quite so comfortable.

So in short, if you are looking at getting shoes to help correct over pronation or flat feet I would highly recommend the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's over these.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2013 10:05 AM GMT