Profile for Alex - London > Reviews

Alex - London

Livescribe 8 GB Echo Smartpen Pro Pack
Livescribe 8 GB Echo Smartpen Pro Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver, 3 May 2013
Having brought this digital pen for my final year of University I've been amazed at just how much its revolutionised my working life. I've always preferred hand writing notes and this gives me the best of both worlds, an ergonomic pen which is a delight to write with and automatically digitalised notes. The digitalisation feature really can't be overstated, simply put it's brilliant. I've not had a single mistake in it's OCR except where I've made an error in my original writing, hardly something I can blame the Livescribe for.

The digital recording is great, particularly with the headphones. If you have lecturers who prefer not to be recorded it's a way to do it move covertly allowing you to get full sets of notes and lecture recordings easily.

Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 3 May 2013
An absolutely brilliant read, if you've been a fan of Delito's blogs over at Gizmodo you'll love this book. A perfect mix of both old and new stories with more detail than ever, wholeheartedly recommended!

MOSHI iVisor AG White for New iPhone 4S 4 Anti Glare screen protector
MOSHI iVisor AG White for New iPhone 4S 4 Anti Glare screen protector
Offered by invise-north-america
Price: 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars The best iPhone cover yet, 5 Aug 2012
The ultimate iPhone 4S screen protector! A bold statement but one I haven't yet found contradicted.

The case was as easy to put on as Moshi say, simply place once and you're good to go, this is because there is no adhesive under the screen portion of the protector. All this means is that you'll have a *tiny* bit of extra bounce when you press anything on the screen but you get used to this very quickly.

So far its performed perfectly, I've had the iPhone in the pocket with a set of keys a few times, the screen protectors become slightly scratched but the phone itself is still perfect.

The only thing to be weary of is that if you place the protector slightly off center the screen will feel unresponsive around the edges but re-centering it is fortunately very easy.

10 Furniture removal transit blankets (strong, high quality) FREE Express delivery
Offered by Phoenix Supplies Online Limited
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 Aug 2012
Whats to say, the blankets do their job perfectly. I've used them moving large equipment 15 or so times now without any problems with them at all.

They support the items well and with a reasonable grip so they don't fall off during a journey. They've stopped any scratches during transit that I used to get when moving without them.

Simple product but they do exactly what they should, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 5 Aug 2012
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

I've been thoroughly impressed with the performance of the PA411. I've previously used a Netgear 200Mbps power-line adaptor and gave up after the flakey connections and constant restarts being required, I had all but given up in getting a reasonable connection speed in my home but having read the great reviews for this I thought I'd give the technology another go.

Setting these devices up is the definition of simplicity, just plug one in within the included cables reach of your modem and one in the room where you want your internet extended to. Just press the "pair" button on the bottom of them and you're good to go, you'll have a reliable and fast internet connection wherever you want it. It is also possible to attach a switch or a wireless access point to the powerline adaptor to allow you to have any number of devices attached.

The only downside that I've found is that if you are already limited on the number of sockets it does take up one without allowing you to use a multi-socket adaptor, if you find this will really cause issues though I know there are pass through versions which have a plug on them.

Overall I haven't found any downsides yet and so would thoroughly recommend these!