Profile for Lady Helen > Reviews

Content by Lady Helen

Lady Helen "Lady Helen" (Lancashire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
OZ Naturals Anti-Ageing Vitamin C Serum Containing Professional Strength 20% Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid 30ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Too drying for my mid 40's skin, 27 Mar. 2016
This was just too drying for my skin. I think it was the Witch Hazel ingredient, which I used to use to dry spots out when a teenager! I am 45 and need hydration! I think the Body Shop Vitamin C serum is pretty much the best one you can get without breaking the bank. Fast delivery and no ill effects, hence the three stars for this product, but not for me sorry.

CalmingBreath Yoga Bolster, Round - 100% Organic, Buckwheat Filled (Burnt Orange)
Offered by Calming Breath

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality bolster, nice colour and reasonable price!, 5 Mar. 2016
A well made firm bolster which keeps its shape and nice colour as well, I bought one in the burnt orange. It supports my back well so I recommend for yoga or other relaxation purposes, and a good price when I researched, better even than the ones sold on my Yoga teacher's own site. I recommend this bolster. Promptly delivered at Christmas time. Enjoy!

BISSELL 3698E Homecare Emergency Spot Cleaner, 275 W - Machine Only
BISSELL 3698E Homecare Emergency Spot Cleaner, 275 W - Machine Only

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought this!, 16 Nov. 2015
I have used this to clean my stairs and rug. Really easy to set up and use, I was really impressed with the back gunk that entered the second chamber!!!

I don't think you really need the double dose of Bissell cleaning products though in the first chamber as a bit of an overkill, and they are pricey. (Please note: you will lose your warranty if you use other products, as they state citrus agents will damage the machine.) I suggest getting the Bissell pre-spray, and leaving it for at least ten minutes, then fill the first chamber with the oxygen boost solution only and top up with hot tap water, not boiling kettle water, and off you go. I had to refill three times to do one set of carpet stairs. Fully recommend for stairs and rugs, although would be a lot of work to do a full carpet as not designed for that. You will not be disappointed!

Andrew James 12L Premium Halogen Oven Cooker With 2 YEAR WARRANTY + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb, Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 16 Nov. 2015
I bought this for my Father in law nearly four years ago in (30th November 2011 for Christmas 2011). He has used it daily, and we have eaten many delicious meals from it. Chicken is particularly good as it retains so much moisture. I have read that most halogens last between 18 months to 2 years, so this has been excellent. This is now beginning to rust from the daily cleaning cycle so I am buying Dave another one. He accidently smashed the bulb when he first got it, so it was really useful to have a spare included which is still going. I fully recommend this product, hence decision to re-purchase it. Enjoy delicious healthy food, reduced electricity bills and simplicity.

Apivita Queen Bee Firming & Restoring Day Cream SPF 15 with Honey & Royal Jelly,50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen Bee to make your skin feel refreshed., 11 Aug. 2015
This arrived from seller in a lovely presentation box with a free sample. I have been using the face cream, along with the Bee Serum, for a few days now and it is like giving the skin a glass of water. Pleasant smell, and natural quality ingredients in this cream, no nasties. I dithered for ages on this, popping into stockists, like M&S, to apply directly as a tester. Really pleased I took the plunge. Like the fact I am supporting a Greek product as well! Bit pricey, but feels like a good high end product.

Rio 60 Second Face Lift Facial Toner
Rio 60 Second Face Lift Facial Toner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device for a home face lift., 19 July 2015
I am 45, and had noticed sagging around the jaw line and drooping eye lids. I try and do facial yoga exercises every morning, but needed something on top of this. I have used electric facial devices before with pads, but these pads needed replacing regularly by calling the manufacturer in Northern Ireland, so inconvenient and costly. I have been using this daily, for at least half an hour, over eight days. I have noticed significant lifting and tightening and have been complimented that I look well. It does sometimes cut out, but can be easily switched on. Start low and build up to a tolerance right for you. I am not using on my cheek area, I think I would cause capillary damage there so sticking with the yoga on that area. I am chuffed with the results and recommend, but please do not use if you have a heart condition. Please note that it takes a 9v battery and I have purchased some spare Kodak ones at Poundland, pack of two. I will then recycle the dead one at my local library.

Dolce & Gabbana Unisex Medicine Man Watch DW0514
Dolce & Gabbana Unisex Medicine Man Watch DW0514

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and eye catching watch, 9 Jan. 2015
I got this watch for Christmas last year from my husband. I chose it as I like quirky things, and I love it. I like big watches and usually buy men's watches, but this Unisex one is a great size and not heavy on the wrist. The strap broke after six months, but not a problem. I get loads of compliments from people. Good price here also.

Yoga-mad Women's Toe Socks No Toe - Hot Pink, Medium
Yoga-mad Women's Toe Socks No Toe - Hot Pink, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars as I simply don't enjoy anything other than swimming, 9 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Half Toesox (Sports)
I started going to an Iyengar Yoga class a couple of months ago, which is Yoga but with intense stretching, thus enabling more effective post session fat burning and increased joint mobility. I normally never do any exercise, as I simply don't enjoy anything other than swimming, I just prefer to eat a healthy diet. However, I wanted to improve my back, so signed up to this one hour a week class. Literally within three weeks I have toned up and husband has noticed a positive difference in my figure (which after two large babies in two years was not looking great) so I recommend this to anyone who hates gyms etc but wants to get in shape. Anyway, I digress: In the class you need to be either bare foot or wear special yoga socks to enable grip and balance on your mat. (Not normal socks) I now have two pairs of these socks, in pink and black, and I have had lots of compliments from fellow class mates asking where I got them. I am female size 6 UK size and I bought the large as they are NOT massive. Not sure if they would fit a size 7 + though. Nice range of colours. I may even buy another pair. I recommend buying.

Kärcher Window Vac Small Suction Blade - For WV50, WV55, WV60 and WV70
Kärcher Window Vac Small Suction Blade - For WV50, WV55, WV60 and WV70

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier to handle the main Vac with this smaller blade., 8 Jan. 2015
I bought this at the same time as the main WV50 window vac. The main vac is not heavy, some people have said it is, but I did not find this to be so in my experience. I am a small woman, but the size of this smaller blade made it really easy for me to handle the vac. My 8 year old daughter likes helping me around the home, and was also able to use it without difficulty. I highly recommend buying this, as well as the main device, as not expensive. I use it for interior small panels of glass and mirrors and my kitchen units.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Offered by Putra UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant time and effort saving cleaning gadget!, 8 Jan. 2015
Well this arrived yesterday and so I charged it up for a couple of hours and had a try out. I also invested in the smaller 170mm wide blade attachment, as I have a folding room divider with smaller glass panels and young children = finger prints, so I would highly recommend purchasing this as it is far easier to use the vac, from my experience. My eldest daughter helped with cleaning these interior panels, and it was so simple, the easiest pocket money she has ever earned! We just used some Ecover washing up liquid, hot water and a cloth and gave the glass panels a good rub down, and then switched on the vacuum. Within a few seconds clean panels. My husband sat on the settee to observe and confirmed that they were indeed clean! (He does the cooking) I really hate cleaning glass, I always end up with smears, whether I use an actual glass cleaner spray or cider vinegar, and it is wasted time I can never get back. This Karcher window Vac actually makes a painful chore really easy, and it is easy to charge up and to empty the dirty water. So far I have cleaned interior windows, mirrors, my high gloss kitchen units and my shower doors, which I could never ever get to look properly clean. I will also use it to clean my car windows when the weather picks up. Quite simply this is one of those household gadgets which you will be eternally glad to have purchased. I think it is brilliant. Thank you Karcher for saving me time and effort and making my busy work / domestic "Goddess" life balance that much easier to juggle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3