Profile for A. C. Delso > Reviews

Content by A. C. Delso

A. C. Delso

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting literary experiment, 4 Mar. 2013
A collaborative venture in fact-based fantasy, with three interwoven narratives. I look forward to the next volume and hope the standard is maintained.

Nothing Lasts Forever (The book that inspired the movie Die Hard) (Basis for the Film Die Hard 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The original Die Hard!, 24 Feb. 2013
This is the novel on which the film "Die Hard" was based. The film is not an exact portrayal - much simplified. There is a greater depth of psychological and moral exploration, in the book and it is the better for it. It is also a very exciting action story and well worth reading.

Skript
Skript

4.0 out of 5 stars Great "Scrabble" clone for the Kindle, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Skript (App)
Plays just like Scrabble, but different colour scheme to avoid infringement accusations. I'd 'give it five', if I could find a way of adjusting the difficulty - the computer opponent uses absolutely unrecognisable words, which I'm positive aren't in my copy of Chambers'!

Jewels - Wild Things
Jewels - Wild Things

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeble clone of a popular game, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Jewels - Wild Things (App)
I enjoy playing Bejewelled and downloaded this before I really learnt how to find good stuff on my Kindle. My advice for other Kindle users? Buy EA's 'Bejewelled 2'.

The Pike: Gabriele d'Annunzio, Poet, Seducer and Preacher of War
The Pike: Gabriele d'Annunzio, Poet, Seducer and Preacher of War

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird guy - great book!, 12 Feb. 2013
I was very interested to read a review of this book in the Daily Telegraph. I've been to d'Annunzio's house on Lake Como and seen what an extraordinary character he was, so I was keen to get this study of the man and the artist. It is well-written in an interesting, non-chronological way and the author's considerable scholarship is evident without being obtrusive.

My first 'serious' purchase for the Kindle and I find I forget that I am holding a piece of electronica, as the writing draws me in.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2013 7:29 PM GMT

The Misadventures of Electrolyte and the Justice Purveyors #1
The Misadventures of Electrolyte and the Justice Purveyors #1

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeble attempt at humour, 29 Jan. 2013
The art was OK, the plotting was weak; I wouldn't look for a sequel, but hats off to anyone who produces a new comic book.

Lindo Deluxe Adjustable Tripod Base Metal Sheet Music / Book Conductors Stand Black - (Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Violin etc) **Unique Sprung Page Grippers** 3 YEAR WARRANTY
Offered by Lindo Guitars

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stand I've owned, 28 Jan. 2013
Not too heavy, easy to put up and the music clips work well (I play out of doors quite a bit.) Great value.

Canabalt HD
Canabalt HD

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant, maddening!, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Canabalt HD (App)
Basically, it's a hight-speed 2D platformer, as you guide your escapee from rooftop to rooftop in a cityscape under alien attack. Success is measured in how far you get before plunging to your demise. Top scorer is about 300,000 metres. My best score is 497!

UNCUT (Kindle Tablet Edition)
UNCUT (Kindle Tablet Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't review it, 14 Jan. 2013
The app kept asking for my ID and details and then simply stopped, so I have been unable to download it.

SushiChop
SushiChop

1.0 out of 5 stars It was free, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: SushiChop (App)
Great graphics, but mindless reaction-based gameplay. I only downloaded it because it's my first Kindle download! My daughter adores it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9