Profile for A. C. Delso > Reviews

Content by A. C. Delso

A. C. Delso

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Smart Writing Tool - 7notes Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Smart Writing Tool - 7notes Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 5.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever handwriting app, 28 April 2013
Many useful features, best of which is 'teaching' it to recognise your own ghastly scrawl and convert it to typeface! Second best is 'line' input, where your actual scrawl appears on screen. It's then a doddle to email, share it on social media it or save it as a document.

Only four stars because the learning curve is a little steep.

Captain America
Captain America

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool platformer, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Captain America (App)
Great graphics and sound with a sensible learning curve. If you're a Marvel fan or a platformer addict, then this is for you.

Vox Amphones Bass Active Guitar Headphones - Black/Red
Vox Amphones Bass Active Guitar Headphones - Black/Red
Price: 73.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice made perfect!, 27 April 2013
These cans are quiet and comfortable and fit in a bass case at the headstock end.

Their sound colouration is highly controllable and very effective. They really makes bass practice come alive without bothering the neighbours.

Delivery was prompt and the price is a fair one.

Sky Tronic Universal Battery Tester
Sky Tronic Universal Battery Tester
Offered by XHF(HK)
Price: 1.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 Mar 2013
Easy to use, handy size, very cheap. Don't know how I managed without it previously. I use a lot of different batteries and this is the perfect tool.

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle, Book 1)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle, Book 1)
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting literary experiment, 4 Mar 2013
A collaborative venture in fact-based fantasy, with three interwoven narratives. I look forward to the next volume and hope the standard is maintained.

Nothing Lasts Forever (The book that inspired the movie Die Hard)
Nothing Lasts Forever (The book that inspired the movie Die Hard)
Price: 4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The original Die Hard!, 24 Feb 2013
This is the novel on which the film "Die Hard" was based. The film is not an exact portrayal - much simplified. There is a greater depth of psychological and moral exploration, in the book and it is the better for it. It is also a very exciting action story and well worth reading.

Skript
Skript
Price: 0.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Great "Scrabble" clone for the Kindle, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Skript (App)
Plays just like Scrabble, but different colour scheme to avoid infringement accusations. I'd 'give it five', if I could find a way of adjusting the difficulty - the computer opponent uses absolutely unrecognisable words, which I'm positive aren't in my copy of Chambers'!

Jewels - Wild Things
Jewels - Wild Things
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeble clone of a popular game, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jewels - Wild Things (App)
I enjoy playing Bejewelled and downloaded this before I really learnt how to find good stuff on my Kindle. My advice for other Kindle users? Buy EA's 'Bejewelled 2'.

The Pike: Gabriele d'Annunzio, Poet, Seducer and Preacher of War
The Pike: Gabriele d'Annunzio, Poet, Seducer and Preacher of War
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird guy - great book!, 12 Feb 2013
I was very interested to read a review of this book in the Daily Telegraph. I've been to d'Annunzio's house on Lake Como and seen what an extraordinary character he was, so I was keen to get this study of the man and the artist. It is well-written in an interesting, non-chronological way and the author's considerable scholarship is evident without being obtrusive.

My first 'serious' purchase for the Kindle and I find I forget that I am holding a piece of electronica, as the writing draws me in.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2013 7:29 PM GMT

The Misadventures of Electrolyte and the Justice Purveyors #1
The Misadventures of Electrolyte and the Justice Purveyors #1

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeble attempt at humour, 29 Jan 2013
The art was OK, the plotting was weak; I wouldn't look for a sequel, but hats off to anyone who produces a new comic book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8