Profile for the cat > Reviews

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars The last tripod I will likely buy, 18 Jun 2014
Excellent tripod which defies its price. The spirit level is great and the handle is useful too. I think that some of the movements might not be so smooth if you are using those functions but I haven't tried filming in such a way, I just noticed that the height adjustment crank is a little jumpy, nothing some grease shouldn't fix though I reckon. This is definitely the best model of the range if you're tall and you want to film at eye level.

Digital Additions® New Sidekic Stand Mini Tripod Mount for iPhone 4GS 4S Touch - Black
Offered by Digital Additions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand, 18 Jun 2014
I know there are more expensive products like this but honestly just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better. This stand is great, it is not at all intrusive and allows you to add your phone to a tripod instantly and similarly remove it just as quick without messing about. It just slots into place. But watch out if you have your phone angled horizontal (I.E. looking down at the floor) because it just slots in, so your phone will be inclined to fall out if the angle is horizontal or greater. But if you are using this under normal circumstances that incidence should never come up.

Gator GW-JAG Deluxe Wood Case for Jaguar/Jagmaster/Jazzmaster Style Guitars
Gator GW-JAG Deluxe Wood Case for Jaguar/Jagmaster/Jazzmaster Style Guitars

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Jun 2014
I am so impressed that this was actually possible for the money. I have owned much more expensive cases than this one and it definitely holds it's own. It seems perfectly suited to the squire jazzmasters and jaguars that came out a couple of years ago - which of course don't come with a case.
My only criticism is that the keys that come with it are of bendy metal. So I bent one of the keys by accident trying to use the lock, but it does come with two and the key still works so no biggie but watch out for those keys. This doesn't reflect on the rest of the case whatsoever though. I think it's just something that might need you to go steady on but hey.

K&M Compact Flute Stand - 15232
K&M Compact Flute Stand - 15232

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great stand from these guys, 18 Jun 2014
This folds up super compact and actually has a really nice weight to it for its size - which I like. The legs actually go inside the body when not in use which is cool. I was inspired to get this after I bought some guitar hangers of the K&M brand and was not disappointed. I have tried other brands of instrument stands but these are my favourite so far. I know it's an old cliché but you can't beat that German engineering.

C.K 495001 Automatic Wire Stripper
C.K 495001 Automatic Wire Stripper

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 18 Jun 2014
This is one of those products that will last a lifetime. I have owned it a couple of years now and everything about it is spot on, the build quality, the features, everything.
The wire cutters and crimpers built in to hinged area are fantastic which is unusual as often they don't work properly on other wire strippers. You don't have to set the thickness of wire going in, it just knows how much to take off which makes it easy if you're switching sizes a lot. There is an adjustment wheel for sizes smaller than o.2mm squared but I have never had cause to use it and don't know how. Which brings me onto my only slight criticism which is that there are no instructions and I had to figure out how to use the depth stop myself, the back of the packaging has information about the features and how to use some of them but it doesn't go into major detail that some of us may need. Over all the best wire strippers I have ever owned and perhaps that money can buy, I will never go back to the old "setting the thickness" ways of the past.

Return of the Giant Slits
Return of the Giant Slits

5.0 out of 5 stars Under rated gem, 12 Dec 2013
This album seems to get a lot of undeserved criticism by people that don't understand it. The slits weren't really a punk band as people have type cast them but rather a progressive band with punk origins. This album is a work of art and possibly a too radical departure for some but I'm pretty sure if they had stayed together the music would have continued further down the rabbit hole and the next album would have surely been different also. This album is not a collection of love songs in 4/4 time with familiar sounds but rather a primal sounding trip. The theme more about life being an animal here on earth than about love and breakups etc. The whole album has a mystical and surreal quality and is great to daydream to. It is easily as good as cut but unfortunately not as well received because people already had the slits pegged as a punk band when really they were masters of variety and this is evident even on cut with the clear Jamaican influence.

Cut
Cut

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the greatest bands of all time, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cut (Audio CD)
It is really a mystery why the slits never became very popular, the music that they played was revolutionary and really transcended the punk movement. This album has such a unique sound every element of it from the bouncy ska styled bass lines, to the snappy reverberated guitar to the forthright and unique drum style and especially to the distinctive use of vibrato and whistle regester singing. The whole thing comes together in such a unique way that will never happen again. The first and possibly the greatest proper girl band.

FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I2 Audio interfaces USB
FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I2 Audio interfaces USB
Offered by MusicMatter

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 11 Dec 2013
I bought this unit to record piano, drums etc through a condenser mic. The first unit I got played guitars etc fine but needed to be turned right down for recording other instruments with a mic, furthermore there was frequent popping and crackling that spontaneously starts during recording which would come and go, ruining the recording. I returned the first unit for a replacement but the second unit underwhelmed me further. This time even with the gain controls completely off the mic signal was unbearable and distorted. I know things like pianos and drums are loud instruments but how else are folk supposed to record them? There were also perculiarities with the gain indication LEDs which would flicker on and off on their own and sometimes wouldn't regester at all. I'm certain it's the unit/software causing this as I used the same computer, microphone and cable with both interfaces and got radically different results. It could just be something I did but I doubt it as I followed all instructions and I'm using windows 7 and reaper which is compatible. I didn't get a third because I just don't trust the unit now, I mean, what are the odds of getting 2 faulty units in a row? I didn't want to take my chances. I guess I'll save up and buy something a bit more reliable. I would heed the warnings and proceed with caution...

G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars The bees knees, 9 Dec 2013
Sometimes a product is deserving of the hype. I'd like to think I am discerning when it comes to a purchase and I certainly was of this item as it costs a lot more than the average capo but I would advise you just spend the money and put the issue of a capo to rest forever because this capo is the cats pyjamas.
I used to think that all capos were brandless, cheap and nasty. This capo is the opposite, the build quality, finish, feel and weight are all superior. As much care and thought has been put into this capo as your instrument its self, it is an item of beauty in its own right. It's really quick and easy to use and very compact. It feels like one of those items I will probably still have when I'm an old man. This is the best capo on the market.