ARRAY(0xa60ee2dc)

the cat

Return of the Giant Slits
Return of the Giant Slits

5.0 out of 5 stars Under rated gem, 12 Dec 2013
This album seems to get a lot of undeserved criticism by people that don't understand it. The slits weren't really a punk band as people have type cast them but rather a progressive band with punk origins. This album is a work of art and possibly a too radical departure for some but I'm pretty sure if they had stayed together the music would have continued further down the rabbit hole and the next album would have surely been different also. This album is not a collection of love songs in 4/4 time with familiar sounds but rather a primal sounding trip. The theme more about life being an animal here on earth than about love and breakups etc. The whole album has a mystical and surreal quality and is great to daydream to. It is easily as good as cut but unfortunately not as well received because people already had the slits pegged as a punk band when really they were masters of variety and this is evident even on cut with the clear Jamaican influence.

Cut
Cut
Price: 6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the greatest bands of all time, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cut (Audio CD)
It is really a mystery why the slits never became very popular, the music that they played was revolutionary and really transcended the punk movement. This album has such a unique sound every element of it from the bouncy ska styled bass lines, to the snappy reverberated guitar to the forthright and unique drum style and especially to the distinctive use of vibrato and whistle regester singing. The whole thing comes together in such a unique way that will never happen again. The first and possibly the greatest proper girl band.

FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I2 Audio interfaces Usb
FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2I2 Audio interfaces Usb
Offered by Fair Deal Music
Price: 119.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 11 Dec 2013
I bought this unit to record piano, drums etc through a condenser mic. The first unit I got played guitars etc fine but needed to be turned right down for recording other instruments with a mic, furthermore there was frequent popping and crackling that spontaneously starts during recording which would come and go, ruining the recording. I returned the first unit for a replacement but the second unit underwhelmed me further. This time even with the gain controls completely off the mic signal was unbearable and distorted. I know things like pianos and drums are loud instruments but how else are folk supposed to record them? There were also perculiarities with the gain indication LEDs which would flicker on and off on their own and sometimes wouldn't regester at all. I'm certain it's the unit/software causing this as I used the same computer, microphone and cable with both interfaces and got radically different results. It could just be something I did but I doubt it as I followed all instructions and I'm using windows 7 and reaper which is compatible. I didn't get a third because I just don't trust the unit now, I mean, what are the odds of getting 2 faulty units in a row? I didn't want to take my chances. I guess I'll save up and buy something a bit more reliable. I would heed the warnings and proceed with caution...

G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
G7th Performance Capo for 6-String Electric/Acoustic Guitar
Offered by Arietta Music
Price: 24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The bees knees, 9 Dec 2013
Sometimes a product is deserving of the hype. I'd like to think I am discerning when it comes to a purchase and I certainly was of this item as it costs a lot more than the average capo but I would advise you just spend the money and put the issue of a capo to rest forever because this capo is the cats pyjamas.
I used to think that all capos were brandless, cheap and nasty. This capo is the opposite, the build quality, finish, feel and weight are all superior. As much care and thought has been put into this capo as your instrument its self, it is an item of beauty in its own right. It's really quick and easy to use and very compact. It feels like one of those items I will probably still have when I'm an old man. This is the best capo on the market.