Profile for Mrs White-Vann > Reviews

Mrs White-Vann

Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml
Riemann P20 Once a Day 10 Hours Protection SPF20 Sunscreen 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for my ginger husband., 3 Mar. 2014
P20 is the best. Sounds like a low factor to be using nowadays. But it keeps my ginger, freckly husband from burning in India and other such sunny places.
This is a very reasonable price for P20. We stock up whenever we see it on offer.
It is so much better now that you only have to wait 15 mins for it to be ready to go out in the sun.

Time's Arrow
Time's Arrow
by Martin Amis

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrifying and addictive., 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Time's Arrow (Paperback)
This is a very thought provoking book, that makes you gasp with shock at times. It's one of those books that I couldn't put down and immediately gave it to a friend and told him to read it asap. The timing and chronology of it can be confusing, but the story and writing is very, very good.

A Fine Balance
A Fine Balance
by Rohinton Mistry

5.0 out of 5 stars What a story. Heartbreaking., 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: A Fine Balance (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book very much. It's a good old thick book, but I never got bored and was actually quite sad when I finished it. Had a tear in my eye...
It covers quite a long time period and you really feel like you get to know the characters well. It is a good insight into a bit of Indian history, not necessarily fact based, but believable. I'm always interested in books based in India as we love to go there for our holidays.
Excellent book highly recommended.

Never Let Me Go
Never Let Me Go
by Kazuo Ishiguro

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing and clever story that stays with you for a long time., 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Never Let Me Go (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book. It's certainly not a pleasant experience and really quite shocking. I don't often remember the details from a book for so long after reading it. But it creates such vivid images in your head. It stays with you. I thought it was an excellent book.

Plenty
Plenty
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to buy it - it makes my mouth water, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Plenty (Hardcover)
I borrowed this from the library, renewed it twice. Had to return it eventually..
It was a bit too expensive for me at £15.
I broke last week and bought it.
It makes my mouth water so much...