Profile for Mr. M. T. Ridley > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. T. Ridley

Mr. M. T. Ridley (London England)

Cable-Tex UK Plug to IEC Kettle Lead 2m Power Cord Cable PC Mains
Cable-Tex UK Plug to IEC Kettle Lead 2m Power Cord Cable PC Mains
Offered by Buzzbe
Price: 2.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy, 30 Sep 2013
The cables seem solid and do the job, however after a few months use one started producing sparks and smoke. Thought it was my amp but it's the cable so won't be using any more! Also as other reviews state, they are less than 2M

CalmingBreath Folding Meditation Stool
CalmingBreath Folding Meditation Stool
Offered by CalmingBreath
Price: 34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars great item!, 12 Sep 2012
Very well made. The tilting stool is a great idea-very comfortable to sit on. My feet tend to go numb but less and less the more I use it!

Beethoven: Complete Symphonies
Beethoven: Complete Symphonies
Price: 18.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant must have item-great value as well!, 6 Jun 2011
I am very very impressed with this cd boxed set. I have not listened to many different versions of these symphonies, so I am not really qualified to say whether the interpretation is superior/inferior to other recordings. However I am an experienced music listener and can confirm that these are great recordings. The actual recording quality is really superb-as other reviewers said, you can hear every instrument and the sound is very powerful, crisp and transparent. Also the presentation of the set is superb-a generous booklet and good photos on the individual wallets make this a really classy set. I felt a bit guilty buying it for myself! Had I known it was going to be so nice I would have saved it for a birthday/christmas present. If you have relatives that are into classical music I'm sure this would make a great (and affordable) present for them. I'm planning to buy another copy for my dad's birthday. Highly recommended.

Same But Different
Same But Different
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant-but not for the faint hearted, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Same But Different (Audio CD)
I saw this band at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival a few years ago. The music is very free and at times the style of sax playing and drumming is quite 'in your face'. I didn't quite 'get it' when I saw it live, having never heard it before, but the music nevertheless made a powerful impression on me which prompted me to buy the cd. And I'm very glad I did because this music is truly awesome. There are a couple of tracks which I still don't like so much, but the good stuff is really powerful. It's complex, freewheeling and cerebral but also at times very soulful. The group have made very interesting choices of repertoire, which blend re-workings of well known and lesser well know tunes and original compositions. The originals are noteworthy for their brilliant simplicity. The way they have arranged the two sax parts incorporate a lot of dissonant intervals, which make it sound quite 'out', but I really like it! My favourite track is 'Vonetta' which features an extended bass intro. The bass player is noteworthy for his restraint-not a lot of chopsy showing off-just succinct ideas and one of the biggest, phattest bass sounds I have ever heard. It's truly enormous. I encourage anyone who is interested in music as an art form to buy this cd. It's kind of like listening to Bartok or other heavy contemporary music; if at first you don't like it, be sure to listen to it a few more times-it's genius will reveal itself to you!

Gently Disturbed
Gently Disturbed
Price: 13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Avishai album, 21 Oct 2009
This review is from: Gently Disturbed (Audio CD)
I highly recommend this album. The ensemble playing is great as always, and the writing is avishai's best so far, if I'm any judge. There's some SERIOUSLY hip stuff on this album-very intelligent, funky, clever grooves, and improvisationally it's burning.

My only criticism is that it all sounds slightly sam-ey. Although it's really intelligent music, amazingly well played, there's nothing really deep about this music. At least I don't think so. I think that's why it grows tiresome if you listen to the whole album from start to finish.

Don't let that put you off, though! If you're reading this review you're obviously interested enough and I guarantee you'll like it. I would have given it 4.5 stars but I didn't know how.

BUY IT!!

Belkin WIRELESS N BUNDLE * F5D8053/F5D8233-4
Belkin WIRELESS N BUNDLE * F5D8053/F5D8233-4
Offered by PYRAMID TOYS
Price: 39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Works. Sort of., 21 Oct 2009
I do not actually own this item, my dad bought it for his house about a year ago. The signal strength is good, but both his computer and my brother's laptop get disconnected every so often for no reason! Signal strength fine etc. VERY annoying especially if watching a programme on iplayer etc. Even worse, I came home for a couple of weeks recently and have had no luck getting my laptop to connect to the internet. It works every so often, but then most of the time it just says 'connected to network-local access only'. AAAAGH! I never have this problem with any other networks.

The belkin technical support is TERRIBLE. In all I've spent about 3 hours on the phone to them, without them managing to resolve any of the issues I've mentioned. I only looked this product up on Amazon to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Although most have not, I notice one reviewer has had a similar problem.

So, my advice:

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2012 10:03 AM BST

The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success With Women
The Natural Art of Seduction: Secrets of Success With Women
by Richard La Ruina

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 29 Mar 2008
I advise any man (or woman) to read this book, wether single or in a relationship. The advice contained within will doubtless help to make you more attractive to the opposite sex-there are very informative sections on dress sense and body language, as well as advice with what to say and how to say it. I wish I had read this 18 moths ago!

Te author is very giving of himself and describes the process he went through to get 'from zero to hero'. This includes his trials and tribulations which I found quite illuminating.

One criticism I had was that the book doesn't go into enough detail in certain areas. Even so, I recommend checking this book before you next go out on the town! Or decide you want to get married......