Profile for Y. Stewart > Reviews

Dreaming Out Loud
Dreaming Out Loud
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars One Republic Dreaming Out Loud, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dreaming Out Loud (Audio CD)
I bought their latest CD on the strength of 'Counting Stars', and loved it. I therefore bought 'Native', which was equally as good, so why not try this one? It's great, I don't think any of their albums have a bad track. So pleased I've discovered them.

VENEZIA by Chapini® Full Length Leggings, WHITE - Size (M/L)
VENEZIA by Chapini® Full Length Leggings, WHITE - Size (M/L)
Offered by Chapini UK

5.0 out of 5 stars White leggings, 11 Jun 2014
I ordered these one day, and they arrived the next. With no P&P charges, half price and they look great, what's not to love!

VENEZIA by Chapini® CAPRI Leggings, FUSCHIA- Size (M/L)
VENEZIA by Chapini® CAPRI Leggings, FUSCHIA- Size (M/L)

5.0 out of 5 stars Capri Leggings, 11 Jun 2014
Unbelievable! I ordered these one day, and they arrived the next. Almost half price, no P&P and lovely quality. What's not to love?

Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece of kit., 28 Nov 2013
It takes a bit of getting used to, but I've managed to make some lovely meals in it. One little niggle, the cookbook that comes with it. There aren't enough basic recipes and too many arty farty ones (I mean, orange and chocolate pizza. Really?)

Now, Then & Forever
Now, Then & Forever
Offered by Springwood Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome return, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Now, Then & Forever (Audio CD)
Oh how I missed you EWF! I've loved you from the very beginning, I have all your LP's and listen to them all the time. It's all there on this one, the songs to dance around the room to, the melting Thornton's chocolate tracks, the sounds that could only be EWF. Whilst Maurice White could never be replaced, they still manage to keep that authentic sound. Phil Bailey's voice is as good as ever. Well done, you've done Maurice proud!

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
by Helen Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling read, 16 Oct 2013
I couldn't put this book down. I love true life stories, and this one didn't disappoint. I did find the early chapters about Helen's childhood very hard reading, what an awful life she had. Such a pity some of the one-star reviewers gave up on the book, annoyed that Helen allowed her mother to dominate her. They seem to have no idea what abuse does to a child's psyche, that carries on into adulthood. As Helen said, after counselling, she was conditioned by her upbringing that her mother and her needs came first, not the other way round. This explains why her mother dominated her every move. (I would've liked Helen's husband to have had a bit of backbone though!) I'm so glad she and her sister have found a happy relationship together.

The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and His Street-wise Cat
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from James Bowen, 16 July 2013
I read this book virtually in one sitting, and ended up in tears. What a wonderful pair James and Bob are, even though James acknowledges that he's far from being an angel. An inspirational, emotional and uplifting book. Certainly a must-read for all cat lovers, and reinforces what we've always suspected about cats, that they are so much more than just a 'pet'.

Right Place Right Time
Right Place Right Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Olly!!!, 19 May 2013
Okay, I'm 65 today. I adore Olly, if ever there's a song buzzing around in my head, it's one of Olly's. ('What a Buzz'...get it?) Pure pop, songs to dance around the house to, while you're doing the housework (in my case anyway). Saw him live in March, great entertainer as well. What's not to love?

Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Numatic 601226 Airo Brush, 290 mm
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little beauty!, 5 April 2013
Love, love, love it!!!! I found the brushhead supplied with 'Hetty' quite hard work as the suction is so powerful. I thought it did a good job though, but my carpets are like velcro to my 3 cats' fur (and my long hair). I thought I'd invest in this brush, and boy am I glad I did. It's much easier to manoevre than the original head, and the stuff it picked up was unbelievable. Great investment!

Farewell To The East End: The Last Days of the East End Midwives (Call The Midwife)
by Jennifer Worth

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 4 April 2013
Another great read from Jennifer Worth. I've now read all of her books, and they bring to life a very hard era. Another book to read over again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3