Profile for Ms. H. Braid > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Braid

Ms. H. Braid "Mietzicats" (England)

Hackney Child
Hackney Child

4.0 out of 5 stars A story of a brave child, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hackney Child (Kindle Edition)
I read this after hearing the author being interviewed on the Jeremy Vine show and I was not disappointed. The book made me realise how things can seem from a child's eyes and how this can can have long lasting effects. This child was so brave and I was pleased to find that she was able to get a happy ending.

Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
by Elizabeth Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars A different approach..., 14 Feb. 2010
I am off to uni in September to train as a midwife and in the meantime have been reading anything midwifery. Apart form a few chronicals most the books I have got my hands on have been medical style text books, this is the first factual book I've come across that is more holistic.

As a UK reader I did find myself skipping over the American related subjects as midwifery is very different in the USA. However the book offered some refreshing approaches to pregnacy from both a midwifes and other indivuals points of view.

If you are someone that believes women should be made to go to hospital, have an epidual and stay in bed whilst being told what to do by doctors during labour this is not the book for you. If, however, you believe in the power of nature and empowering women to make the right choices for themselves you will find this book very interesting. And this applies whether you are a parent to be or a midwife to be!

Pokemon 2009 TCG SP Collector Tin - Rayquaza LV.X
Pokemon 2009 TCG SP Collector Tin - Rayquaza LV.X
Offered by CardRush

5.0 out of 5 stars Pokemon review!, 6 Jan. 2010
This was bought for my eight yeaar old son, who is Pokemon mad! This is what he had to say about it:

It's very good and is proberly one of the toys that I will keep the longest. I liked it because it had so many cards in it and even a level X. It's proved to be a very good addition to my collection!

How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
How to feed your whole family: A healthy, balanced diet with very little money
by Gill Holcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars I can cook!!!, 22 May 2008
I have very little money, a tiny kitchen, a few saucepans (that have lost all their non-stick!) and no fancy gadgets, I don't even have a garlic press! So this book could have been written for my family. Its excellant, plenty of fantastic tips and no nonsence recipes that my boys loved and didn't leave behind a mountain of washing up!

This is great book for anyone who already loves cooking, but especially for those who think its easier to shove some turkey twizzlers in the oven!