Profile for leeduhlee > Reviews

Content by leeduhlee

leeduhlee (Lincs, UK)

BabyDan Premium Hearth Gate Fire Guard (Black)
BabyDan Premium Hearth Gate Fire Guard (Black)
Offered by SAFETOTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but effective, 8 Dec 2009
OK, so this is not the cheapest fire guard on the market but it does a very effective job of creating a good exclusion zone around our real fire. As far as the gate is concerned the mechanism is not as good as the Lindam stair gates we've got - but Lindam don't make a guard in this configuration so Babydan must at least get points for producing this guard. Each joint is actually lockable, which I didn't realise before I bought it, and it does come with substantial fixing brackets for attaching it to the wall. I found the brackets a bit ott so I created my own fixings. Some people might find it a bit oppressive - esp in a smallish room - because it looks like a big fence indoors but it suits us fine. We're glad we chose this product.

TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
TeckNet® C016 USB HD 720P Webcam, 5 MegaPixel, 5G Lens, USB Microphone & 6 LED
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree with all the other positive reviews on this camera! Why pay more?, 8 Dec 2009
I bought this camera for my mum and dad, who are pretty technophobic, so that they can see their new grandson via Skype. On the strength of reviews stating that this camera was easy to set-up and use I thought it would be worth giving a go, especially seeing as it's only a tenner. Every good thing others have said about this little camera is true. Just plug it in and use it! Simple as that. Anything that means I don't have to do long-winded question-and-answer technical support with my folks gets brownie points from me. And the quality of the camera is perfectly acceptable. The first time my son saw his grandma she played peekaboo with him and it made him laugh lots - and that made everyone happy. I highly recommend this camera!

Easy Fit Wood and Metal Safety Gate
Easy Fit Wood and Metal Safety Gate

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will, 30 Oct 2009
This gate is easy to fit (took me about 3 minutes once it was out of the box). It's well made and feels very secure. The sprung loaded action of the gate itself is just the right weight and the opening/closing mechanism is very easy to use one-handed. Very pleased with it, we've actually got three of them in our house!

Canon Pixma MP610 Photo All-in-One (3-in-1) Printer (Colour TFT Screen, Easy Scroll Wheel)

5.0 out of 5 stars No probs, 4 April 2009
I bought this printer six months ago.

Think the operating system for the printer is excellent. It's very easy to use all functions.

Quality of printing is excellent.

Very happy with it.

The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours a Night
by Suzy Giordano

5.0 out of 5 stars You will thank God you read this book, 4 April 2009
My wife and I read this book on a long car journey when our baby was 8 weeks old. At that time he was feeding five times in the day and three times in the night. Three weeks later, having followed the plan laid out in this book, our dear son was sleeping straight through twelve hours a night. He's 7 months old now and is still going strong - every night!

We liked this book because although it outlines a definite plan for helping your baby to get themselves to sleep it is not so rigid as to be undoable. The secret is organising and being strict with yourself!

Sleep makes all the difference. I highly recommend this book.

Communicating for a Change
Communicating for a Change
by Andy Stanley

5.0 out of 5 stars I got the passion back for preaching and teaching because of this book!, 4 Mar 2008
I picked up this book at a conference, simply because I'd read another book by this author and found it really useful. It sat around in my house for a year and a half, until I was ready to read it. This book really worked for me. The first half of the book takes on a narrative form similar to that of Brian McLaren's 'A new kind of Christian'. Maybe that will appeal to you, maybe it won't, but the practical insights shared in this book have certainly helped me to get the bit between my teeth and to actually enjoy preaching again, and I think the same goes for the listeners! You will want to find out what ME WE GOD YOU WE is all about and get your focus back!

The Broken Image: Restoring Personal Wholeness through Healing Prayer
The Broken Image: Restoring Personal Wholeness through Healing Prayer
by Leanne Payne

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book about transformational power of God, 16 Nov 2007
This book opened my mind to a whole new world of spiritual warfare and the power of God, at work through prayer, to transform people's lives. Great book.

The Power of Prayer and Fasting: 21 Days That Can Change Your Life
The Power of Prayer and Fasting: 21 Days That Can Change Your Life
by Marilyn Hickey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fasting, to make time for prayer, has now became part of my life, 16 Nov 2007
Read this book and realised that there were so many areas and situations in my life that could benefit from the powerful combination of prayer and fasting. Marilyn Hickey's book is practical and insightful. She doesn't over-hype fasting as the best thing since sliced bread but does powerfully present it as being an excellent element in the Christian's life. I really appreciated the teaching in this book. My wife and I were facing some leadership issues in our church and we got straight into 21 day fast (fasting one meal a day) and found that it was just an awesome time of spiritual focus and speaking and listening to God.

Visioneering
Visioneering
by Andy Stanley

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read, 24 July 2007
This review is from: Visioneering (Paperback)
I was part of a small team of people who started a church plant in our home town a couple of years ago. I found Andy Stanley's book a real help when putting together the vision for what we wanted to achieve. The book has some amazingly powerful illustrations of the power (and necessity) of vision in church work. Visioneering may seem like a made-up word but the book is well-written and full of solid advice. I highly recommend it.

HP Laserjet 1020 14ppm A4 Black and White Laser Printer
HP Laserjet 1020 14ppm A4 Black and White Laser Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac users be warned!, 17 Jun 2007
So, this is a great little printer. It's quick and print quality is very good. It's also very compact, which is a bonus for the small home office environment.

I bought this on the strength of reviews here and on another site but I use a Mac and nowhere did I find the crucial information that hp don't actually provide or support any drivers for the Mac for this particular printer. This can be a bit of a headache. However, Mac people are very friendly types and I found a forum on the web that informed me that one of the Mac drivers for another hp printer (the 1022) would do the trick. It took me about three hours of messing around installing and uninstalling files from the hp website but it did work.

The printer itself deserves 5 stars but hp have lost a star from me for not providing a Mac driver.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2008 10:57 AM BST