Profile for Fran Farrar > Reviews

Content by Fran Farrar

Fran Farrar

iTALKonline SuperClaw WHITE UNIVERSAL Dashboard / Windscreen, Case Compatible (Use with or without your existing case!) Suction Mount In Car Holder For Samsung Galaxy S4 IV i9500
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and tidy little holder, 23 Aug. 2013
Just got a new Samsung Galaxy S4 and wanted a new holder for in the car. I chose this one because it is white and so is the phone (yes, I am that shallow!)

However, this has met and exceeded my expectations. It was very easy to fit, and can be angled every which way, making it very easy to position the phone at the perfect angle. It holds the phone snugly and safely.

So far I haven't found any downsides to the SuperClaw.

The product was described well, and despatched in double quick time. I am a very satisfied customer!

Three-Person Camping Dome Tent 7 Feet X 7 Feet One Touch Set Up
Three-Person Camping Dome Tent 7 Feet X 7 Feet One Touch Set Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready to festival in double quick time, 13 Aug. 2013
I bought this for my son as he was going to Reading Festival for the second time, having realised after the first year, that mum does know best after all and a two man tent is NOT big enough for two men! So he decided he wanted a tent of his own. This looked absurdly easy to put up and take down again, so it was with some scepticism that we bought it.

It has proved a huge hit. Less than 30 minutes after arriving, he was sitting in his camping chair, feet up, enjoying a beer and laughing at his mates all still struggling to put their conventional tents up. Even with a heavy downpour on one night, he stayed dry and was very grateful for how easy it was the take down and pack away again at the end of the festival.

A brilliant little tent, and a clever design

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as funny now, as when it was first published, 13 Aug. 2013
I loved Adrian Mole when the books were first published, and when I was browsing Amazon and came across this again, I just had to buy it for my Kindle. I still laughed out loud, even after all these years. I especially love the Rob Roy's grave narrative.

It's one of those books that never goes out of style. I think it will still make me laugh when I am opening that telegram from the Queen (or King, as it may be then!)

Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener
Remington S9500 Pearl Hair Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Even for a novice to hair straightening, these give good results!, 13 Aug. 2013
I have never used straighteners before but a change of hairstyle meant that I could no longer trust to the hairbrush. I chose these because they had good reviews, and well, frankly, they're pretty, with the flowers on them!

However, these have proved to be brilliant. Very quick to heat up to temperature, very easy to use - just gliding over my hair, and giving impressive results. The swivel cord makes life much easier too.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone. Having no previous experience of straighteners, I wasn't expecting to achieve sleek shiny hair this easily.

Moonfleet
Moonfleet

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Chris de Burgh lol, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Moonfleet (Kindle Edition)
If it hadn't been for Chris de Burgh releasing an album based on this book, I would never have read it. But the story contained within the album intrigued me, and so I decided to give it a try. And I am very glad I did. Even at my ripe old age, I got totally lost in the story of smugglers, ghosts and cursed diamonds. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, even though sometimes I found the language a bit hard to follow. But for a "lose yourself for a few days" tale, I thought it was fab. A book suitable for all ages.

And give the CD a listen too - it is an excellent narrative of the book. And knowing the songs and the basis of the story, I think, helped me to visualise the story.