Profile for Aika > Reviews

Content by Aika

Aika

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Disposable Sterliser Bags (7 day supply)
Disposable Sterliser Bags (7 day supply)
Offered by Family Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, 15 Oct 2014
Very handy for travel. It's not extremely convenient to use since everything needs to be rinsed with boiled water afterwards, but considering that there is no way of sterilizing baby stuff in hotels and lugging around your home sterilizer is even more inconvenient, one can live and adjust to a small drawback.

Cute Elephant Baby Infant Pillow Prevent Flat Head---Random Color
Cute Elephant Baby Infant Pillow Prevent Flat Head---Random Color
Offered by TOPCITY

3.0 out of 5 stars its money's worth, 15 Oct 2014
Very small and extremely cheaply made, but that was expected for the price. I only use it in baby's pram, so he doesn't have a prolonged exposure to it, as who knows about the quality and toxicity of the materials used. To be frank, I don't think it makes any different to prevent or correct the flat head. I bout the much more expensive Mimos donut cushion for that, which I use in the cot when baby sleeps, and it seems to work. This is one is just there...

Silk and Cotton: Textiles from the Central Asia That Was
Silk and Cotton: Textiles from the Central Asia That Was
by Susan Meller

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 15 Oct 2014
I am originally from Central Asia and grew up seeing all sorts of textiles, ikats, suzanis, handmade garments and home items, but at the time they were just ubiquitous things around - some pretty, some nothing interesting, some plain boring. As I grow older and now have kids, I'm getting more nostalgic about childhood and more importantly want to pass on some aspects of my cultural heritage to my children. I've started collecting books about Central Asia and this one is a real gem. I've had so much delight and pleasure flipping through the colourful pictures, every image evoking memories and bringing not so distant history so much closer. I'm really impressed with the level of detailed knowledge of Susan Meller, it's clear that she did not just put some pretty pictures together but done quite a bit of research. Considering the book is about applied arts of my homeland and I grew up seeing, touching and using some of the items in the pictures, I still learned a few new things!

MIMOS Baby Pillow (XXL) for flat head (Plagiocephaly) - Air flow Safety (Anti-suffocation TUV certification) - Size XXL (5- 18 months)
Offered by MIMOS Baby Pillow for Plagiocephaly Flat Head Prevention

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 3 Oct 2014
My baby is now 5 months old and since he was 3 months or so I noticed that his head was getting flat at the back. Based on my research such issues at young age should correct themselves as babies grow and get more mobile, i.e. spend less and less time lying on their backs and thus applying more pressure on their still soft skull. But as his head didn't really look right by 5 months, I thought I'd invest into buying one of these pillows. As costly as it may be it's cheaper than a helmet, plus a pediatrician mentioned that the helmets have a low success rate, not to mention it's just a little too invasive. We've been using the pillow for 3 weeks now and I can see a change in baby's head shape already, it's not as flat as before. I doubt the pillow alone would help to get his head shape to 100% norm, but he'll start sitting up and crawling soon enough, so hopefully those things will make a major difference at the end. I'm giving this pillow 4 stars as it does work but I think it's too pricey for what it is. It does not look expensive to make at all, so the mark up must be huge!

WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes
WaterWipes Super Value Box - Pack of 4, Total 240 Baby Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle but still effective, 3 Oct 2014
good alternative to all other brand and non-brand name baby wipes that contain so many chemicals including perfume. these ones don't really have any smell and since it's mostly water they are very gentle on baby skin. will buy more.

Kindergarten Is Too Late
Kindergarten Is Too Late
by Masaru Ibuka

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 26 Aug 2014
I had high expectations and after a bit of search I got one in Russian. It's a collection of advice and should-dos for parents, some of which is backed up by research and some of it purely anecdotal. The bottom line is to let children be children, explore the world, make the learning process interesting and fun. Given that kids absorb anything including new knowledge and skills like sponge it is important to expose them to art, science and everything else good including the discipline, organization and healthy food from the very early start. nothing earth shattering to be honest. But I do recognize that some parents out there may need such advice!

The Contented Baby's First Year: The secret to a calm and contented baby: A Month-by-month Guide to Your Baby's Development
by Gina Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Good foundation for 1st time moms, but trust your intuition too, 24 July 2014
I am all for setting a routine for babies, they like it, it makes them feel more comfortable and secure as their world is a bit more predictable that way - they have enough to deal with mentally and emotionally growing and rapidly developing and discovering this world bit by bit. However, this book is not for everyone, it can ONLY work if you have a healthy baby that is gaining weight as per all the growth charts. It did not work for me as baby had lots of feeding and weight gain problems, enforcing such a strict routine would have worsened the problems. now at 3 months baby is trying to catch up on his weight gain, and I have put him on a routine, but I don't follow Gina Ford's timetable minute to minute, I have adjusted it to make it work for us and it does, even though she states in her book that it has to be as she says otherwise it wouldn't work. Well, somehow it does work for us.

The Wonder Weeks: How to Stimulate Your Baby's Mental Development and Help Him Turn His 10 Predictable, Great, Fussy Phases Into Magical
by Frans X.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for each parent, 24 July 2014
Amazing work by the authors. Really helps you understand what's happening with your baby and how the world might be perceived by them at each stage. It helped me to be more empathetic and accepting of baby's crying and clinginess - at least I felt like I knew why and what was going on.

Musical Fish Play Mat
Musical Fish Play Mat
Offered by little baby boutique

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 24 July 2014
Bright, colorful, cute. the lining is a bit thin. Baby doesn't like spending too much time on it, possibly because of the thinness. My baby is 3 months old, and the toys hang too high for him - he could never reach them, and I already put up the toys at the maximum length to the floor as possible. The musical piece is a bit strange - out of sync with overall fish theme - it has a pink cover with an embroidered fuchsia colour flower... The music is Brahms' lullaby.

BEIGE MATERNITY NURSING BREAST FEEDING BRA 34 B/C, 36 B/C, 38 B/C, 40 B/C, 42B/C COMFORT AT A GREAT PRICE (34 B/C)
Offered by BabyTENS UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Works for now, 24 July 2014
It's not great, it is cheaply made and has a funny conical shape (like Madonna's 90s outfit). the snaps are made of plastic as opposed to metal as I had expected, so I don't think it'll last for long considering how many times a day you have to undo it and do it back up. It works for me at the moment as I'm not breastfeeding frequently, but for someone who's 100% breastfeeding - probably not the best choice. But i like the overall design, which is why I bought it, I have other bras with snaps at the centre. I prefer these to more common ones where the bra shell comes undone from top to bottom (not sideways like this one) with hooks on the straps. I used those before and the snaps break too easily even on the expensive brands. At least when snaps on these one get broken I won't be too disappointed as it didn't cost much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5