Profile for Sam Buxey > Reviews

Sam Buxey

Page: 1 | 2
ZyXEL WAP3205 v2 300 Mbps Wireless N Access Point
ZyXEL WAP3205 v2 300 Mbps Wireless N Access Point

5.0 out of 5 stars **Very Good Wireless Access Point, Read Below**, 20 Aug. 2014
ZyXEL's WAP3205 v2, This router itself is superb, it just needs a bit of downtime to be setup correctly.
Routers claim these days to be plug and play sort of thing, but dont forget its WIRELES, how many of your neighbours have wifi also? If like me i'm surrounded by other peoples wifi signals interfering etc. Most devices these days have wifi connectivity so having a strong and stable wifi signal to share your fiber internet to all your devices is essential. This router can do just that!

I also purchased X2 : http://www.amazon.com/802-11b-Wireless-Booster-Amplifier-Antenna/dp/B00E8C1S8E

2w 802.11b/g Wifi Wireless LAN Signal Booster Amplifier W Antenna 2.4g, These simply connect to the antenna ports then amplify your wifi signal for better throughput range.

After I had read a little bit more into the wifi boosters I found that the antenna supplied is only cheaply made and is not capable of outputting more than 6dBi. So I was on the hunt again for a better antenna that could easily cover my entire house and be capable of outputting the full amplifiers dBi output. After a short hunt on amazon I found: +9.5dBi Omni TurboTenna 2.4GHz WiFi antenna with RP-SMA for Netgear, Belkin, Buffalo, D-Link Routers & Adapters
This antenna is capable of outputting 9.5+ dBi and spreads the coverage more evenly across your house to make sure everywhere has wifi signal. These antenna's simply screw on to the wifi boosters output port, if you don't think you need the ample coverage with the boosters then I highly recommend replacing the stock ZyXEL WAP3205 v2's with these antennas as the stock are only cheaply manufactured like I said above.

Once all is assembled correctly and plugged into your network you will need to setup the router itself, I did this using a ethernet cable into the port #2. First off the bat I recommend this piece of software (inSSIDer Home) - (A google search will find you a free download) to scan for wireless networks available in the area - I used a laptop and went around my home to see what networks were available, I took note of how strong the signal was and what channel the router was operating on. - I highly recommend scanning where your going to place your ZyXEL WAP3205 v2 too, This eliminates other people's wireless networks interfering with your wireless bandwidth.

(Note: My router is in access point mode.)Take your results and set the ZyXEL WAP3205 v2 to the channel with the least wireless networks operating on that channel, I set mine as far away from all the other networks as I could, For me that was channel 13. Yours may differ depending on the wifi points around your house. The rest of the setup for the router is straightforward just pick your SSID and password and it should do the rest for you. To also note I did not change any other setting on the router apart from the location I live and the admin password.

After following all these steps you should have a secure and stable wireless network now setup, Join the wireless network you just setup and test to see if it is operating correctly, if you have any issues go back and check step by step if not leave a comment and I will get back to you. I have attached a fue screenshots of my setup: http://i59.tinypic.com/15481zd.jpg http://i62.tinypic.com/2ufayh2.jpg http://i57.tinypic.com/2r2vhhw.jpg http://i60.tinypic.com/263em12.jpg http://i58.tinypic.com/2czdoh2.jpg

Pro's:

- Cheaper than most available access point these days not to mention 3 different operating modes!

- Eazy123 - Guides you though the setup in 3 simple steps that anyone can understand

- Green Eco router!

- Very stable and reliable!

- Small compact and modern look to it

- Superfast wireless N chipset to get the speed to your device

- Dual antenna's for a more throughput signal

- Haven't needed to restart the device once!

Con's:

- Port and button labeling not as clear as could be

- Antenna's supplied are slightly slacking for wifi coverage could be improved!

- Router skeptical about operating on the same channel as another access point, (For full stability the device needs its own dedicated channel with no interference!) This is usually the same with every wireless access point.

I will update more as how the device is doing at a further date!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 9:46 PM BST

Offered by Clever Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful When Connected To Wifi Booster., 8 Jun. 2014
Added this to my wifi boosters antenna port as 6DBi is supplied I wanted all the power from the amplifier, This does the job perfectly.
I can connect to my wifi in the apartment across the street with 5 Bars! Worth the money!

API Stress Coat 1.9L
API Stress Coat 1.9L
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Needed more so switched to API Stress Coat., 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: API Stress Coat 1.9L (Misc.)
Decided to give API a go, Have been using their Melafix for a few years now so I know they're a good brand. Its clear when you add it so you dont have to wait for the water to cure it unlike Tetra AquaSafe that is blue at the beginning. Cheap for basically 2L, Only if they did melafix!

Tetra Aquasafe Water Conditioner, 5 Litre
Tetra Aquasafe Water Conditioner, 5 Litre
Offered by GMAQUA

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Cheap Cheap!, 8 Jun. 2014
Alot cheaper buying it this way then funneling it into your empty 500ml bottle. Will last me nearly a year! Will definitely buy again!

600l/h Water Pump for Aquarium Fish Tank Powerhead Water Feature
600l/h Water Pump for Aquarium Fish Tank Powerhead Water Feature
Offered by Finest Filters

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable., 8 Jun. 2014
Needed a small pump for water changes, as other one packed up. Works perfectly fine for me. Fast delivery, Would buy again.

Sourcingmap Aquarium Air Pump Non Return Check Valves, 4 Pieces, Red/ Clear
Sourcingmap Aquarium Air Pump Non Return Check Valves, 4 Pieces, Red/ Clear
Offered by Fly Service

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 8 Jun. 2014
Needed 3 but one spare will do, Arrived fast got one on my 5ft and 2 more on my other tanks. Stopped all back flow on my air pump below water level, seems to be working fine.

Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Xbox One/360) [Xbox Live Online Code]
Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership (Xbox One/360) [Xbox Live Online Code]

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt ask for anything better and saved a fiver!, 8 Jun. 2014
Quick online digital code you can copy and paste into xbox.com and use your new subscription! Definitely would buy again

TRIXES New Chain Pin Breaker Splitter Tool for Bike Bicycle Cycle Bike Accessory Kits
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Jan. 2013
Does exactly as it says it will, I've had a fue chain splitters none of them as good quality as this one all the others broke and were cheap flimsy material. This is a nice solid chain splitter worth the money!

750W PC PSU, 80+, Dual 12V, High Efficiency, V2.2, 12cm Fan, Power Supply Unit
750W PC PSU, 80+, Dual 12V, High Efficiency, V2.2, 12cm Fan, Power Supply Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jan. 2013
Needed A new power supply adequate of powering my graphics card as well everything else in my rig, this fitted the slot perfectly! Quick and easy to install, worked a soon as it was installed. Very impressed.

Disney Mickey Bath Chair (Blue, 0 -12 Months)
Disney Mickey Bath Chair (Blue, 0 -12 Months)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a very good design, 23 Jan. 2013
The design of this is for flat bath tubs only, it's doesn't mention anywhere that it won't stick to curved baths. So this product for me is useless. The grip on the feet also isn't that strong so even without the suction cup it still moves around, not worth the money.. Returned and paid a little more for something better.

Page: 1 | 2