Profile for Mr. Charles Deacon > Reviews

Content by Mr. Charles Deacon

Mr. Charles Deacon

Page: 1 | 2
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ramin Karimloo

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Amazing!, 27 Dec. 2011
I have been a Phantom fan for a long time now, and was highly anticipating the release of this DVD. Unlike many, I personally did not mind the movie version of Phantom made in 2004 (The Phantom of the Opera (2004) [DVD) however I was still hoping that this version would succeed it in every way. Well, it certainly did that!! The production was absolutely amazing and perfect, perfectly captured the essence of Phantom. The cast was once again sublime, with Sierra Boggess doing a fantastic job as Christine, and the star for me Ramin Karimloo absoultley killing the role of Phantom, with his amazing voice and extreme passion - HE IS THE PHANTOM! Every other aspect is perfect, with the orchestra down to the camera angles and editing that make this an extremely enjoyable viewing experience. I would highle recommend this to any Phantom or musical fan as I can guarantee that you will thoroughly enjoy it!

The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [DVD]

Portal 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 2 May 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Portal 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Got this game, not really knowing what to expect as I never owned Portal on the PC originally. I can tell you now I am glad I bought the game! :D This game has kept me glued to the Xbox for hours, it's so addictive in its puzzles and storyline (love the humour in it)! I reckon this game will be in my Xbox for a loooong time, even when I finish it, haha! ;)

Awesome As ****
Awesome As ****

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome!!! :D, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Awesome As **** (Audio CD)
I've been a long time fan of Green Day and was highly anticipating the release of this Live CD/DVD (even more so when I heard the title of the CD/DVD)! I'm pleased to say that this does not disapoint! While some classic songs are missed out of the item, many others that are not previously featured in Bullet in a Bible, are. The quality of the music and entertainment is just standard Green Day, perfect as usual! Featuring exciting editing, lighting and choice of songs I would definetly recommend this album to any Green Day fan! XD

Awesome As F**k
Awesome As F**k
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, exciting ablum!, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Awesome As F**k (Audio CD)
I absolutley LOVE this album! :D I was excited by the release of this CDDVD and I was rightly excited! This is a fantastic album, filled with high energy, amazing excitement and fantastic Green Day songs! The editing and use of lighting effects (while sometimes overused) are perfect and finish off the amazing album which this is. I highly suggest you get it, I'm now getting it on Blu-ray also! ;)

The Phantom of the Opera  [Blu-ray] [2004]
The Phantom of the Opera [Blu-ray] [2004]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomonal, Phun... Phantastic!, 10 Aug. 2009
I went into this film expecting it to be rather dull, a bit boring and unlively... boy was I wrong! This has some of the best music I have heard in years, with a beautiful thick orchestra which melts your ears. There's certainly never a dull moment! So dramatic and exciting, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

The acting I should mention. I thought the person who clearly stood out was Gerard Butler. He went into this film under pressure by fans, and he certainly stood up for the part. His raw yet tender voice is very unique and I think is perfect for the Phantom! Emma Rossum had a sweet, innocence about her which was also right. I like how the Phantom's raw voice was good to enhance her to him! Patrick Wilson I thought was okay, but was a bit plain and not that special.

Overall, the film is a definite favourite and I have on DVD. If you are not a fan of musicals (as I was not before I saw this), I strongly reccommend that you watch this film. Believe me, it may change your views on musicals all together, as it is possibly the best musical of all time!

Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, 2009 Easter Special   [DVD]
Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, 2009 Easter Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 April 2009
I really enjoyed this episode, it was exciting, funny and I had a good time watching it! The acting was very good by both David Tennant and Michelle Ryan. People who say this episode is bad are either Doctor Who haters or pesemistic!
This was a very good episode of Doctor Who, I will definetly buy this DVD, and I can't wait for the next 3 episodes!

The Phantom of the Opera [DVD] [2004]
The Phantom of the Opera [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler
Offered by streetsahead

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Jan. 2009
I was unsure about this film adaptation but it is perfectly displayed of a mix of the book, the stage and some new movie features. I am a complete Phantom fan and a love this film. Believe me you won't be dissapointed by this film!

Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 26 Jan. 2009
I love this DVD with some of the best clips of TV burp. Lets face it we all love seeing our favourite TV programmes being made fun and this is what he does! I love this DVD and I definetley reccomend it!

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Black - 4th Generation
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Black - 4th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 25 Jan. 2009
I was unsure about getting this but it is brilliant. Plenty of room for songs and extras. Great price!

Page: 1 | 2