Profile for Mr. J. Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Taylor

Mr. J. Taylor (Dalgety Bay Scotland)

Blackout - Scorpions
Blackout - Scorpions
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars brings back memories of the 80's, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blackout - Scorpions (Audio CD)
Currently updating my CD collection by replacing my old record/tape collection. I first saw the Scorpions on the tour for this album in 82. when the smoke is going down and cant live without you are the best.

Animal Magnetism
Animal Magnetism
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars still the best band in the world, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Animal Magnetism (Audio CD)
I am in the process of updating my CD collection as my vinyl and cassette tapes run out. The zoo and lady starlight were always my favourite songs on this album and still are.

LIVE BITES
LIVE BITES
Price: 5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Scorpions 3rd live album, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: LIVE BITES (Audio CD)
This album is excellent and has the Scorpions on top form all the way through. The rendition of 'ava maria' is perfect and something most rock bands would not attempt. Also hearing Klaus talking to the audience in Russian is something many other singers wouldn't even thing about trying. If you don't have this album then I say buy it now.

Love At First Sting
Love At First Sting
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost 30 years old and still a great album, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Love At First Sting (Audio CD)
I already know this album as I originally bought it on audio cassette back in 1985. I am now in the process of updating my music collection into CD'S. It sounds just as good as it has done all those years I had it on tape.

Mtv Unplugged
Mtv Unplugged
Price: 13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars great CD which proves SCORPIONS are still great live, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mtv Unplugged (Audio CD)
I received my copy through the post yesterday and its excellent. The Scorpions have always been a band who know how to rock but have recorded some of the best power ballads ever written. This acoustic set shows these ballads at their best and also brings a new perspective to the hard rocking songs which have been scaled done on this double CD to perfection. I just hope this great band come to the UK sometime in 2114 and give us some glory nights.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 8:27 PM GMT

Scorpions: Live At Wacken Open Air 2006 [DVD]
Scorpions: Live At Wacken Open Air 2006 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scorpions
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.40

1.0 out of 5 stars great band but poor direction, 14 Oct 2013
The Scorpions put on a great show as always . But much as I try I can't watch this DVD anymore and can only listen to it. Why oh why does the video director feel the need to change camera feeds every second or two. Sure they had a lot of cameras but that doesn't mean he has to constantly change the feed all the way through. I think four seconds is the longest he goes in one take. I'm sure someone still had all the video tapes and could re edit this DVD