Profile for Stanley Grossman > Reviews

Stanley Grossman

Radical: My Journey from Islamist Extremism to a Democratic Awakening
Radical: My Journey from Islamist Extremism to a Democratic Awakening
by Maajid Nawaz

5.0 out of 5 stars A vivid autobiography that charts a journey from political Islamism to tolerant Islam, 10 Sept. 2013
This truly remarkable and very timely book serves as a prescient guide to the reality of the battle for the soul of the Moslem community throughout the world. If Maajid Nawaz’s moderate view and call for mutual respect prevails, the world will truly be a better place. Anyone reading this book will be eager to read the sequel.

Maajid Nawaz is now running for a seat in the UK Parliament as a Liberal Democrat in a seat that he can win. Having read this book, I for one, strongly believe we need to give people like Maajid Nawaz a platform to be heard.

Guys and Dolls [DVD] [1955]
Guys and Dolls [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Marlon Brando
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

1.0 out of 5 stars incomplete movie, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Guys and Dolls [DVD] [1955] (DVD)
Guys & Dolls is the best musical ever written and Frank, Vivian, Marlon and Jean are fantastic. My criticisms are that the quality of the recording is terrible and version I got was incomplete. Two songs--one missible, one not are missing from the film.

I have seen this version of the film on TV more than once and the two songs are in there. I have only seen these kinds of problems with another film once: in a pirated version of the Lion King made in China. (It was called "The Loin King.")

I will return this film and demand a full refund.