Profile for Anon > Reviews

Content by Anon

Anon "sparkynurse"

Page: 1 | 2
The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates series Book 1)
The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 28 Dec. 2014
Very funny and is as brilliant book to read but may be a bit too easy to read except from that this book is amazing

The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus Book 5)
The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 7 Oct. 2014
best of the series love the ending and the rest of the book once i picked it up i did not put it down i think it is a great book for all

Gorilla 8m Camo Tape
Gorilla 8m Camo Tape

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks great but the texture of the tape is horrible, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gorilla 8m Camo Tape (DIY & Tools)
I had different aims for this tape...I wanted to make my son a wallet. My husband has one I made with duct tape which is really robust but flexible. This tape was just too thick, but worse than that the texture was so so horrible that I had to give up in the end. I'm sure if you are using it for DIY purposes it would be great....it is very strong. And it looks good too, however I will be sticking with the other brand from now.

Oxford Handbook of Prescribing for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals (Oxford Handbooks in Nursing)
by Sue Beckwith

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers most of the non med prescribing syllabus, 29 Mar. 2014
I wish I'd seen this book sooner and that it had been on the uni reading list. It covers everything I needed...not in massive depth but it is a quick go to guide. Very useful

Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Otoscope in HARD CASE
Dr Mom Slimline Stainless LED Otoscope in HARD CASE
Offered by discount-goods-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, 29 Mar. 2014
Really like this. I wanted something to practice with for an upcoming OSCE and this did the trick. Easy to use, good light and very easy to carry. Overall very pleased.

Essentials Of Pharmacology For Nurses
Essentials Of Pharmacology For Nurses

3.0 out of 5 stars A very basic introduction, 29 Mar. 2014
Inside this book, it says it meant for student nurses and perhaps the book title should reflect that. If you are new to pharmacology, it is a helpful intro, but doesn't really give any meat to the subject ( to be fair, the authors do say this and encourage the reader to research more). There is also (I think) a mistake where it talks about gram positive and gram negative antibiotics....in this book it says the gram positive cells take up the stain because they are simple....however it is the more complex multi layered cells that take up and then keep the stain, where as the simple bacterial cells can't keep the stain.....only one thing but I felt mistrustful after reading this.

Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good...didn't quite deliver, 29 Mar. 2014
When I saw this book in the uni library I thought it was the answer to my pharmacology dreams....the layout and diagrams are great but I found it just too complex.....there are pharmacology books out there that are much easier to understand. It's definitely worth having, but if you are just starting to learn the subject I'd advise starting with something more simple first.

Make It Wonderful
Make It Wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars The boys are back in town, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Make It Wonderful (Audio CD)
I am biased. I've followed erasure for 27 years and am never truly objective...however that said, I genuinely think this single is great. It's one of those where I can listen to it over and over again. The video is great too.....a bit Christmassy (shame the single wasn't released earlier) but a good message.

Blood Results in Clinical Practice
Blood Results in Clinical Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick reference guide, 29 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a kindle book but think I need to buy a paper copy to have a reference guide at work. I found this really easy to follow and helpful in understanding and interpreting results.

Nursing OSCEs: A Complete Guide to Exam Success
Nursing OSCEs: A Complete Guide to Exam Success

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I'd hoped for, 29 Mar. 2014
This book is okay if you are looking for a simple guide to basic OSCEs however if you are looking for something more advanced, then this won't be for you. I'm in the midst of a non medical prescribing course and this book didn't help greatly.

Page: 1 | 2