Profile for Tony T > Reviews

Phantom Aquatics Velocity Scuba Snorkeling Mask Dry Snorkel Set, Red
Phantom Aquatics Velocity Scuba Snorkeling Mask Dry Snorkel Set, Red
Offered by Prime Scuba

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I had hoped, 2 Sep 2014
The mask is definitely more comfortable on the face than the harder plastic ones but still leaks a wee bit in the nose area and the snorkel, billed as a 'dry-snorkel', is no better than my previous cheaper one. Still, fine for pottering about in the water but I didn't stray too far from the rocks.

Sam Peckinpah - The Legendary Westerns Collection : Ride The High Country / The Wild Bunch Special Edition / The Ballad Of Cable Hogue / Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid Special Edition (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jason Robards

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one a gem, 2 Sep 2014
Magnificent collection. Best of all for me still 'Ride the High Country' but all the films are top notch.

Acctim Jello Digital Alarm Clock With Snooze Light Large Display Pink Or Blue (Pink)
Offered by IMPERIAL HOUSEWARES

2.0 out of 5 stars No time at all, 2 Sep 2014
Nice to look at but you couldn't read the time as there was something wrong with the display. Maybe just unlucky with the one they sent out but decided to return it and not ask for replacement: clocks aren't rocket science so if they can't get something this simple to work properly, then won't risk it again.

Island Presents: Dub
Island Presents: Dub

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Dubbly, 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Island Presents: Dub (Audio CD)
Not as hard and heavy as hoped but still an excellent collection.

Sunoptic OR10B Blue Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case
Sunoptic OR10B Blue Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Empty case., 6 Aug 2014
Case arrived but no glasses! Returned the case and cancelled the order as I had also ordered another pair of Sunoptic glasses which arrived and were so poor that I also returned them. You get what you pay for so I will go elsewhere and probably spend a bit more.

Sunoptic R69 Grey Memo Flex Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case
Sunoptic R69 Grey Memo Flex Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Case

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy arms., 6 Aug 2014
Lenses seem ok but the arms were so flimsy that they wouldn't stay on my head. Sent the glasses back. I know you get what you pay for but these just weren't up to scratch.

California Dreaming
California Dreaming

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of its kind, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: California Dreaming (Audio CD)
An excellent audio snapshop of the times. Some crackers (eg Tranquility Bass), but a few damp squibs haven't aged so well(eg Aquatherium). Hard to believe it's 20 years old!

Mala
Mala

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mala (Audio CD)
Look, I hold Señor Banhart in extremely high regard: he has been a major contributor to the soundtrack of my life for the last 5 years. Unfortunately, this album is not very good at all. Most reviewers (All Music, Mojo, Q) seem reluctant to admit that Devendra laid a bit of an egg, instead overthinking what is a weak, insipid, unchallenging, sloppy rehash of stuff we have heard from the artist before. Has Banhart fatally started to believe his own publicity? Has he been squeezed dry of his remarkable juices? Was he just a bit tired but contractually obliged? Hard to say. But if this was the first of Devendra Banhart's music I had ever listened to, I would have no idea whatsoever what all the fuss was about.

Centipede Hz
Centipede Hz

2.0 out of 5 stars Emperor's New Clothes?, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Centipede Hz (Audio CD)
Even given that Merriweather Post Pavilion was almost wholly lacking in any discernable basslines (the addition of a few would certainly have helped out and if the lads want a hand with this aspect of their work, I'm free, willing and able!), I really, REALLY enjoyed that album as it positively throbbed with bright, fresh, ingenious life.

When my brother and I were very young we used to stand on chairs to reach the kitchen sink and mum would allow us to take a wee bit of anything we wanted (detergents, condiments, flour, food colouring, breakfast cereals etc.) from cupboards, bags, boxes and throw it all in the sink and mix it around to see just what we would come up with. We called the ensuing brew 'Dragon Killer' and the only thing to do with it at the end was to flush it all down the sink cause, while we had fun making it and we did come up with some weird and wonderful concoctions, it was NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.

And that's what happened here. A group of chefs (with a decade's experience making experimental but surprisingly tasty and filling fare) decided to make a casserole. So together they threw in carrots, haddock, beef, chillies, spuds, horseradish, sausages, monkfish, cheese, couscous, duck, anchovies, raisons, aubergines and cabbage. Then they closed their eyes, selected a random handful of herbs and spices from the rack and chucked them all in too. Then they got their oven as hot as it would go and bunged the whole lot in for an hour. Voila - Centipede Hz!

I sure hoped they enjoyed producing it, cause I sure didn't enjoy listening to it. And I wanted to so much! Everything seems to be mixed without any thought of light or shade, everything full whack all the time, pretty much. And each track so lacking in any real character that it is hard to remember, even having listened to it 3 times in 2 days, any real highlights. And the critics going on about the lovely mess the lads have made. Seriously?

For a bunch who have been cooking for as long as the Animal Collective, I really expected them to grow up and serve up a much better feed.

W H O K I L L
W H O K I L L

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough to marry, settle down and have kids with!, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: W H O K I L L (Audio CD)
Difficult second album my arse! As if Bird-Brains was not enough of a wonderful, original, musical explosion, the follow up is even better. All sorts of loopy beats pick you up, song after song after song and leave you thankful that, while you were bouncing round the floor, someone really has opened up to you and let you into their life. Outstanding moments? There are none. It is all magnificent. What was the last album you bought that you can listen too all the way through without there being one weak moment? Thank you Ms Garbus, you can come round my house and hear my life story any time!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3