Profile for LOUISA BLACK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pray, Write, Grow: Cultivating Prayer and Writing Together
Pray, Write, Grow: Cultivating Prayer and Writing Together

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guidance x, 31 May 2015
Well this certainly lifted the spirit!

This is a great little number to help any Christian authors that needs inspiring or encouragement as the life of a writer on any given walk is lonely and a little more so in the Christian sector I feel [ although that is just a personal view]
Although I have strong views and commitments about what I want my writing to produce in the Lord or more importantly, what I want HIM to do through me, this is a comforting reminder to help you remain sharp and focused.

It is written in such a way that you realize you are not the only one in the thoughts and habits of a Christian writer. It helped me to be more positive and pick up my feet where prayer is concerned.

The author uses no gimmicks, makes no promises and no fluffy words to pander to you, its is straightforward with good grounding.
I purchased this in the hope of guidance and that worked but what I was not expecting, and am ever so grateful for, is the huge amount of tips and information at the back. This is something I've drawn a lot of notes from stuck all over my wall and will also keep on my Kindle to re-read.
I would highly recommend this x

Confessions of a Prayer Slacker (Second Edition)
Confessions of a Prayer Slacker (Second Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Become a Ramboette!!, 31 May 2015
Awesome. Super fabulous. Quirky. That's enough about me, ha ha. No seriously this book for me is summed up in those four words.

Imagine walking in the hot sun of the day, feet a little sore, you've passed no shops for ages and now parched and then you realize you've made it home and the pool [if you have one I don't don't but just work with me here! :)] is full, calm and cold. You take a run and jump and plunge in clothes an all! When you surface its that first gasp of breath, the refreshing cold water on your skin and the gorgeous sun shining down from a brilliant blue sky. That's how I'd sum this book up.
And then.... for the humor in this book it's like wondering where your clothes have gone! Wahey!

This was great, refreshing, hopeful and straight talking. Exactly what I wanted...needed to read. The honesty is refreshingly bold and quite hilarious I loved the author's voice through this book so imagine how gutted I was when 57% through reading it came to an end only to be treated with a sample of her gorgeous work from her books.

If you feel as though you're slacking in prayer this is the match to strike your prayer life into a spark again. There's no order of service but real, heartfelt and joyful moments. Except for one moment that made me sniffle. THE VISITOR, a performance the author recalls she saw, it hit home and really painted a vivid picture that is hard to shake off, and I wouldn't want to as it's exactly what is needed to show the importance of relationship with Jesus.

Many thanks to the author for her openness, honestly and telling it like it is, I don't feel so alone.

Gaby's Great Commission: Adventures In Angeling
Gaby's Great Commission: Adventures In Angeling

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must read!, 30 May 2015
If I could give this 10 stars or more I would!

This was absolutely fantastic to read. I loved every page and even though the length was perfect, I would have read on happily for another day or more!

This is the sweetest tale about Angels. Whoa, did I just say Angels??
There seems to be groups of readers that steer clear altogether of anything Angelic, a group that embraces it to much and it doesn't seem Biblical and then there is the sillyish mainstream Angels that beggars belief. This is none of them!

The tale is based on 'Gaby' an Angel, who gets a promotion. We follow her story as she goes through twists and turns and she is gorgeous to read about. Immediately she is love-able and fun to read about alongside her encounters with other famous Angels!
The way the story is written is absolutely beautiful and engaging and very imaginative.I am in awe of the writers ability to produce this on page and feel it beyond , it can be such a difficult thing to do.

What I really, really, really enjoyed was how the scripture was incorporated into the story in such a smart but relevant way that would help your child's imagination and scriptural knowledge in a fun and interesting way. They would also benefit of the Biblical view of Angels.
I'm not a child, however debatable that may be sometimes! yet I loved this and would highly recommend this for the inner child!

I cannot wait for more adventures to read with this author!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 8:12 AM BST

Kael's Obsession (The Coalition)
Kael's Obsession (The Coalition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed ..me?, 24 May 2015
Awesome. Amazing. Tangible. Epic.

Phew, I've been waiting all day to write that!

I was blessed last year to be able to review this authors COALITION novel in return for an honest review and it was one of those books that stays with you, which is weird for me as the genre was different for me to a degree.
I dip my toes into mainstream Dystopian novels that everyone else has read because I'm more likely to understand but reading COALITION it made sense and seemed to 'get' me in a way no other novel of that genre had at that point. So when I saw KAEL'S OBSESSION I jumped at the chance to buy it!

The style of writing was heavenly to read. Every single word had a place in the short novella. It is as although you can tell the author has scrutinised every word before passing it and allowing it to have an honored place in the work. I can't stand works where you can read that the author has put words in to bulk up the work, not here my Goodread friends!

The writing enabled you to feel, touch and smell what the character was going through and boy could you tell. The emotions just rippled through the pages as you read on.
I absolutely loved the way the author has taken the P.O.V of one of the character from COALITION and you can see and hear the way that character thinks.

When you have journeyed through a novel with a character you tend to feel some sort of affinity with them and to have a sneak peak from one character's P.O.V is great.
It was brilliant to be re-introduced to the characters of SHAI, ALIAH and NURSE, everything comes flooding back. You are also acquainted again with the BOOK, the KEYS and why they are in the situation they are in. I need to know more!! Yet this novella is great at keeping the mystery and feeding you tidbits, its leaving me hanging man!
This book strongly keeps in the same vein of the main novel, hats off to the author for maintaining that feel of suspicion and feel of the world they live.

When reading a short novella you can always get the sense from the writing if it is rushed or not enough story-line put in or thought through but this is packed full of twists, turns, emotions and
it is quite exciting to read that when you come to the end your quite disappointed it didn't go on for longer, at least I was:)

Fantastic and highly recommended. [I'm off to re-read COALITION:)]

Paralyzed Dreams
Paralyzed Dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for teens, 23 May 2015
This review is from: Paralyzed Dreams (Kindle Edition)
This was a light and enjoyable read about a young girl facing the biggest challenge in not only her life but her Christian walk.

We follow a period of time in the life of Pam. In this short novella the author is very good at putting you, as a reader, into the frame of mind you expect someone in Pam's position to be in terms of what is said and possibly reacts and especially to those around her. I thought she had done a good job within a short amount of words.

It was a sweet and clean read that could easy be turned into a full novel. I really enjoyed the sporting aspect and the competitiveness of the teams and the girls came through well.

Overall a really lovely read that is ideal for young people in their walk.

5:2 Diet Photos: 600 Food Photos, 60 Low-Calorie Recipes & 30 Snack Ideas
5:2 Diet Photos: 600 Food Photos, 60 Low-Calorie Recipes & 30 Snack Ideas
by Chris Cheyette

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!! READ THIS BOOK!, 13 May 2015
Incredible little book.

The 5:2 has changed our eating habits, the way we think about food, reduced our shopping bill and how much we throw away-thanks to the portion sizes considerably less and our health is MILES better. You see the difference very quick in your weight and on the scale! Hurrah!

This book was just the little extra push we needed on the weeks that things seemed to slow down.
Formatted incredibly well, striking attention to details, beautiful pictures with clear guidance in fat, proteins and calories. Controlled portions sizes, even the plates are measured!

The best thing about this book is the online help it offers and I would highly recommend taken up this free offer!

I would recommend that if you are on medication you should ask your doctors advice on the fasting days.

Overall this is so worth the money for what it offers is brilliant!!

Balancing Lavender Toner 200ml/6.8oz
Balancing Lavender Toner 200ml/6.8oz
Offered by PerfumesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Never fails to impress, 13 May 2015
This brand NEVER fails to impress. Two weeks of regular use and the effect on my skin is wonderful.
It is refreshing to the skin, relaxing scent and the tightening of the pores is visible.
I love this brand and would highly recommend it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowsers!, 28 April 2015
Haven't got the energy to chase after our Tasmanian devil of a cat and this made life much easier to kill myself laughing from the comfort of the sofa. Note to self- need to repaint the wall.

Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
Vilene Extra Strong Wundaweb from Caraselle
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll up, 28 April 2015
This is very good quality and easy to apply so easy I thought I was doing something wrong! Would highly recommend

L.G Harris 430 9-inch Easy Reach Roller
L.G Harris 430 9-inch Easy Reach Roller

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace, 28 April 2015
This made life soooo much easier and more pleasant to paint. Reduced the time significantly with coverage and great application. This rinses out very well and we were able to use three different colors using just one roller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20