Profile for S. Brown > Reviews

S. Brown

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blackberry ACC-52983-001 MINI Stereo Speaker Bluetooth Active
Blackberry ACC-52983-001 MINI Stereo Speaker Bluetooth Active

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tunes while doing outdoors activities., 8 Jan. 2016
I needed a Bluetooth speaker to clip to my rucksack for when I ride along the canal and this is just the ticket. I've not tested the battery life but it's done 12hrs so far and still going. The controls are easy enough to get to when cycling (standard 3 button control, volume up/long press skip track, play/pause and volume down/track back).
It paired with my Xperia Z2, straight away. When I now turn the unit on, it finds my phone immediately (my Bluetooth is always on) and when I press play, it starts the last track played. The volume is more than ample, I don't even have it full blast and now can listen to my tunes while cycling (just the towpath, not the roads for safety).
I'll be honest, I've not used this for its primary purpose which is as a hands free device so can't comment on that but if you want some tunes while cycling or hiking etc this is perfect.

Rhyas Portable Pressure Power Jet Washer Fence Garden Sprayer 8L 40psi
Rhyas Portable Pressure Power Jet Washer Fence Garden Sprayer 8L 40psi
Offered by iShop247

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR CLEANING BICYCLES., 24 Dec. 2015
I bought this to clean my mountain bike. It takes a pounding along canal towpaths and wanted something that will just get the crud off. This is ideal. Yes, it doesn't have the power of a "powered" jet wash but then it never states that it does. Filled with hot water (and a touch of detergent) and it'll get all the crap off my bike. Fill it again, and it'll give the bike a good rinse then you can just go over with a cloth, oil the bike and sorted. Takes half the time of a hand clean, half the effort and no more costly trips to the petrol station to do a deep clean. Once a week in the back garden, job done.

Ted Baker London Rockall High-Performance Folding Over-Ear Headphones - Brown/Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sound at this price range., 6 Dec. 2015
First off, the packaging on these shows you've bought a premium product. Really top class, matched by the look and feel of the cans themselves. Despite what anyone says, the gold pins on the bands are for show only. They do not adjust the size.
However, what good is the design if the sound is poor? Well, these are the best sounding phones I've ever used for this price range. I tested them against others in a shop before I bought them. Pound for pound they outperformed all others. There is not an overabundance of bass, maybe Beats are for you if that's what you're looking for. What you do get is a wide soundstage, very relaxed sound, quite mellow with treble being just the right side of sharp. Guitar based music sounds particularly good. I hear instruments that I'd not heard before with vocals being bright and clear.
There is also minimal sound leakage, both out and in.
If I have to complain it's maybe about the fitting. I have a large head and they fit me bang on at the smallest size. If you've a small noggin, they may be too big. Also, the three button control is for iOS only. With Android devices, you can only use the middle button (play/pause and double tap for next track). When will manufacturers give Android it's full attention when if comes to headphones.
Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Sony Mobile SWR50 SmartWatch 3 Fitness and Activity Tracker Wrist Watch Compatible with Android 4.3+ Smartphones - Metal Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars The gadgets gadget., 17 Oct. 2015
I've had this a week now and have used it to the best of my abilities. It's the epitome of a gadget, pointless until you own it then you wonder how you lived without it.
First up, battery life. It will last two days as stated but that's with very light use. I charge it every night. Even with very heavy usage it lasts a full day so you'll never run out of juice. In fact, using it that heavy you'll find your phone will probably run out of power before the watch. I've had to dim the screen on my phone to conserve power!
All my alerts are fired straight to the watch. Calls, messages, Facebook notifications, sport alerts (from BBC Sport app), fitness info etc. You can't do anything but read them but sometimes, that's all you want. Especially with the sport alerts. Messages can be sent but just inbuilt templates. There is a Wear message app available, that lets you reply in full, but it's easier to write texts on your phone. You can call from the phone but then when it rings you need to use your phone to talk.
There are thousands of different watch faces you can download for your watch so there will be something for everyone. You can even get apps that will allow you to create/customize your own.
The built in fitness app will record your steps and if your download the equivalent to your phone, they are in sync with each other to monitor your walking, cycling, calories etc. There is also a maps app built in.
The watch has a sensor that will light up the screen when you lift it to your face. It does have an "always on" display but it's very dim. However you can still see it so no worries.
Media control. I use Spotify for my music and there are two ways to use the watch to control this. Any music player, on your phone, you use,e.g. Spotify, built in music player, Rocket player etc can be controlled through your watch. Track title, album cover, play/pause, track previous/next and volume are all covered and work flawlessly. However, Spotify has it's own app, Spotify Wear. This will allow you to do all the above but also control and choose playlists and tracks. It does override your android button, if you use android controlled headphones, so I still use the standard music player but it's personal preference.
Using the phone to call up info using "OK Google" (pressing the watches screen and saying "OK Google" then your topic) makes you look pure sci-fi and you will get a lot of attention. It also never gets boring.
This watch, for me, is all about the alerts. Getting the sport sent to your watch, messages etc when you're in the pub etc and not having to get your phone out of your pocket all the time may sound lazy but it's amazing.
Android Wear is a new concept and we are only just finding what we can use our watches for. As new apps develop and current ones are updated, Wear will be more intrinsic and more uses will arise. Even so, it's still a great gadget. This Sony watch (silver) looks like a smart watch and I mean to look at. I've always been a watch freak so having something on my wrist that was a looker is important. This fits the bill and is also a real talking point. Love it.
Feel free to ask any questions and if I can answer them, I will.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2015 5:26 PM GMT

Ricco P26 MINI DSP 2.0 CHANNEL Ultra Light Aluminium USB Portable Travel Powerful Speaker For Laptop Desktop MAC Computer Netbook ---(Built-in DSP USB Sound Card, NO messy 3.5mm audio line-in cable is required any more.) (Metallic Blue)
Offered by Gadget Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you want it to, 25 Jan. 2015
After buying "the best monitor at this size for the price" I got it home to discover it didn't have any speakers. My PC is hooked up to my main amp and speakers for my music needs but you need some with your monitor just for browsing etc and I wanted something simple and unobtrusive.
This is perfect. It plugs into your USB port, automatically installs the drivers and sorted. And the sound is quite loud for something so slim.
It comes with two clips for attaching to the top of your tablet or laptop but unfortunately, aren't quite big enough to clip to my monitor but a strip of double sided fixing strip got it placed on the top of it. It also comes with a stand for you to place vertically but you won't get a stereo image if you do that.
Will use it when listening to Spotify or my own music? No, I have it hooked to my main amp and speakers for that but that's not why I bought it. It's loud for it's size, probably better than your laptop speakers, definitely better than your tablet speakers and that will be alright for most people.

I'll keep my eye open for any questions and try to answer as many as I can.

abcGOODefg® 5 Pin Micro USB 2.0 to Ethernet 10/100 m RJ45 Network LAN Adapter Card for Tablet & Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., 17 Jan. 2015
Plug your Ethernet connector into one end and then plug the USB into your USB port on your tablet or mobile and it's connected to the net. Works perfect.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will., 17 Jan. 2015
It does exactly what you want it to do. Use your certified Samsung plug with it and it will charge your tablet at the same speed as normal. It sits your tablet and keeps it charged while looking smart. It won't sync up anything but then, it doesn't state that it will. It's a docking/charging station. Nothing more.

Rii i25 3 in 1 2.4Ghz Multi Function Mini Mobile Wireless Keyboard with Air Mouse and IR Learning Remote Controller , Rechargable Li-ion Battery For PC,Laptop,Raspberry PI 2, MacOS,Linux, HTPC, IPTV, Google Box, Android Box, Smart TV ,XBMC,Windows 2000 XP Vista 7 8 10 (Black)
Offered by Uxpressbuying

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but takes some getting used to., 1 Jan. 2015
This a great little air remote for using with your android box or whatever. I didn't like it at first, but after using it for a while, I get it now.
Firstly, know this, the red buttons are NOT, used as part of the "air" function. They are infra red only. This irked me at first but then it made sense. The ok button you'd normally use is just underneath them and if you wanna click or highlight something up/down/left/right then they are with the keyboard on the back. The red buttons can be programmed to do whatever you want via IR. I have mine programmed to alter the volume of my amp, change the inputs on my tv, turn my tv and android box on/off and switch between amp inputs. Brilliant.
It's also rechargeable so no more rundown batteries (why can't all remote manufacturers do this?)
It's a very good looking remote, very well laid out and has a good range. The buttons feel solid too.
I'll keep an eye on the product details so if anyone asks any questions, I'll try and answer them for you.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 11:54 AM BST

Media Revolution Android QUAD CORE Smart TV Streaming Box, Jailbroken with XBMC streaming.
Offered by Audio Out

5.0 out of 5 stars The best smart box I've ever used., 1 Jan. 2015
I've owned quite few smart boxes and I can say with some authority, that this is the best one, certainly that I've used.
I've had both types of smart tv, set top box types like this, and the smaller ones that plug straight into your HDMI socket and these are more reliable. Maybe something to do with using its own power supply but who knows.
If you're familiar with android you'll know what to expect. If not, the layout may take some getting used to. The box come preinstalled with a lot of apps, Facebook, Showbox, Netflix, Mobdro, XBMC, Spotify etc and all work blisteringly fast. I have mine hardwired with an ethernet cable to 50mb broadband and Showbox, in particular, has no lag at all and, in fact, performs better on this than it does on my Xperia Z and Samsung Note tablet!
I have an "air remote" which I use, rather than the supplied IR remote but that's a personal choice.
One tip, the version of Spotify preinstalled, treats the box like it's a phone which limits your use of the free version. Uninstall it and reinstall from Playstore and it'll recognise your box as a tablet giving you a fully functioning jukebox/media player. Get BBC iplayer, ITV player in
I do have one reservation. It states that it has 2gb ram but after using app killer it only seems as if it's freeing up 1gb. If it is 2gb, 1gb seems to be hiding somewhere. Whatever it is though, does not hamper the performance.
Pros
1. Lightning fast.
2. HD movies, either from preinstalled apps or from memory cards play flawlessly.
3. Excellent streaming.
Cons
1. You might wanna cover the blindingly bright blue power light on the front. Quite ridiculous.
2. The boxes own version of android interface is poor but also come preloaded with Nova Launcher which is more like the norm.
3. Not sure about that 2gb ram claim (but it doesn't hamper performance)
All in all, it's a brilliant smart box which will turn any HDMI enabled tv (pretty much all tvs are nowadays) into a smart tv.
I'm gonna be keeping an eye on the product details so if anyone wants to ask any questions, I'll try and answer as many as I can.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2015 10:00 AM GMT

One For All URC 7965 Smart Control PS3 Universal remote
One For All URC 7965 Smart Control PS3 Universal remote

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better., 24 Dec. 2014
OK, I bought this on the strength that it would replace my Humax PVR, Yamaha amp, LG TV and crucially my PS3. Does it? Yes, just about.
First up the remote is tidy looking, well built and strangely doesn't come with batteries? The first remote I've ever seen that doesn't. While it easily coded up for the PVR, and amp there were a few inputs I had to do manually but this too is extremely easy. For some reason record and delete weren't in for the PVR and a few inputs for the amp that I use but like I said no big issue, just get your rremote to learn them from your old ones..
The main bug bear is the PS3 control. Yes, it pairs with your PS3 straight away but there are a few buttons that just don't work. The main ones are all there, you will have no problem just playing movie but if you want to alter the subtitle or audio, these don't work. Also if you're playing anything from USB, you'll know you have to open the USB stick through options rather than just pressing enter, but these buttons also don't work. Now, you can only have one BD remote registered at any time with the PS3 so you'll have to use your controller to change any of those function. I've just gone back to using the official BD remote and having this to control everything else.
It says in the manual, that you can go to the website to set individual buttons for the PS3 (it can't learn them like others coz it uses Bluetooth, not IR) but if you enter the website address it come up to tell you the page doesn't exist! Shoddy!

This is a great little universal remote but for the price and that PS3 (claimed) useability it needs to be that much better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3